Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

Another round of storms

melvalena
17 years ago

PJ are you ready? Looks like its heading your way.

Comments (34)

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Just watched the weather forecast, Mel, and they said no warnings at this time --- not enough heat today to make the air unstable. That certainly is okay with me.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Geez! I caint take no more!!!PJ

• denisew
    17 years ago

This has been a nice steady rain we're getting today. It is keeping my plants happy! But, when my big 90 pound lab heard a little thunder, he hi-tailed it from his favorite sofa to the back room to be safe with the family. hee-hee!

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes Carrie, but anything is possible.
    We've had tornadoes in Dec when its not hot at all.

"they" were saying yesterday that these shouldn't be as bad as last weeks, but there 'could' be some hail.

Tonight's forecast from TWC web site:
    Thunderstorms, some strong this evening followed by a few showers overnight. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds.
    Low 54F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I must have had a hundred per cent chance of rain as it rained slowly all day, and then came a deluge after dark. It looks as if southeast of us got the brunt of it.

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

yep.. Carrie, same thing here at my house.

From the watching the radar it looks to me like it was concentrated around Ft Worth and S of Ft Worth.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Glad we didn't get a bad storm. It rained off and on all day here. My goldie is tired of all the rain she wants to be outside. The other dog could care less he's like a teenager away inside LOL.
    The rain is a very welcome relief after being so dry. The cool weather is nice but some of my plants are having a hard time blooming. The larkspurs are just about to bloom and so are the St. Joseph lilies.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Happy for the "free" water and the amazing light show! I'm also thrilled to have skipped the twister portion of this dance(get it,get it? snarf!) PJ

• remuda1
    17 years ago

We just got HARD rain and high winds. I had planted some seedlings and a few things from the swap yesterday and figured they would be flattened....NOT! LOL, thank goodness, and the good rain should give them a nice jump start out there :).

Kristi

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

PJ, lol
    Got it, don't ever make fun of my jokes again, lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

You will have to admit that PJ is getting better, Jolana.
    She will be writing for one of the comics soon ----LOL.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm telling on you two!!! PJ

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I heard that1 You girls play nice, now.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe, PJ, I have made what I thought was a funny pun before and you have said" groan" LOL

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey!!! Looks like the folks S and W of Ft Worth are gonna get slammed again! Take cover guys!

Here is a link that might be useful: radar map 4:55 pm

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

My neighbor just told me to pull in my truck(Marta you totally rock). Geez this is crazniness!!! My poor senile dog grew up with NO rain to speak of. I think she's gonna have a coronary sooner or later during the storms. She HATES them!!!PJ

• vannie
    16 years ago

My daughter in Midlothian just got it. She said there are a lot of trees down in their neighborhood and they have some roof damage. I've taken my hanging baskets down and hoping it will not do too much damage here.

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We've got limbs down, and sadly, my hot tub canopy is history.

Neighbor just drove up as we're all out checking damage. She was at WalMart and didn't have a clue what was going on. WalMart told everyone in the building to come to the center...
    She said on her drive home she saw lots of huge downed trees and fences.
    She had no idea how bad the wind was, cuz she was deep inside WalMart. :)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

vannie, I hope your daughter's roof gets fixed right away. I heard there were trees thrown around in Joshua where Carolann is too. I heard some landed on a hospital in Joshua. PJ

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Vannie,
    I hope your DD's damaged roof isn't letting a lot of rain inside!

Just as it hit I was thinking of taking the hummer feeders down.. at that moment a huge lightning strike occurred and the wind hit, I decided they weren't worth it--if I had to, I'd just replace them tomorrow. :)

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Hoping all of y'all will be safe

• vannie
    16 years ago

Actually, we have a rent house that needs a new roof. Maybe this will be it! They say some good comes out of bad. We'll see!

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

We've had so much rain recently (I know we need it) but I have 1 entire flowerbed underwater! We got a ton of rain and wind here in Keller. Thought for awhile it was gonna break my young trees.
    ~Angie~

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I haven't been out front but the back looks ok, one mater is bent over. Poor DH asked how I coud be so calm with the storms I told him it's nothing I'm use to them.
    My DH is from California and I told him I'd be more worried about earth quakes cause you never no when they will happen.
    If this rain keeps up we might have to take up bog gardening LOL but I know better within a month we could be begging for rain, I sure hope that's not the case but we do live in Texas.
    I didn't want to stick my neck out to check on the rain chain to see how it was holding up during the storm but when it calmed down I look out and it was working great.I laughed when DH asked how are you to enjoy the rain chain if your not able to watch it LOL. He's got a point.
    I hope everyone is ok.

• Bev__
    16 years ago

We darn near blew away. My new trees got uprooted and hanging baskets blew away. My lawn furniture was all over the yard and some even in the lake. I'll finish cleaning up tomorrow. Glad I had my hot tub cover snapped down and I had a tarp over it with shovels & junk on it from working on todays projects. We got a ton of rain. It rained so hard I could not see across the lake. The storm came in so fast. I was out front grabbing the mail and a huge lightning hit somewhere nearby, the hair on my arms stood up and I felt a "ripple feeling" across my skin and hightailed it to the house just as the electric went off for a couple hours. The puppies hung out with me in the powder room (in the center of the house)till the storm finally settled down. I had a bunch of pillows, a candle. 2 flashlights, cellphone, a book & reading glasses, a cherry coke for me and 2 rawhides for the puppies. We were in good shape!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

OMG Bev!!! I'm glad you're OK. That's quite a bit of activity you had! PJ

• carrie751
    16 years ago

I'm glad all of you are okay --- nothing but rain in my neck of the woods (not complaining).

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Bev, thank goodness you are alright
    Sounds like you and the babies had fun tho, lol

• bev1951
    16 years ago

Glad to see everyone is ok, except no Carol Ann & where is Laurel in all this ? Tis the season I know but I always forget between times how ugly it can get outside. Stay safe folks. Bev

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I could have sworn CarolAnn has posted since the storm. Over in the thread with the Swap pictures thread.

Laurel is in Houston I think.

Bev, that ripple feeling is weird isn't it? Sorry about your hanging baskets and furniture. Maybe you'll get some new stuff out of the lake today>

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Wow, I guess we had it easy. It was warm and humid all day, with a couple of wimpy spits now and then. The sun even came out for a while yesterday afternoon, and made it real steamy. We finally got rain last night. The wind did blow pretty hard, and the fools with the city of Garland turned the sirens on again. They keep crying wolf and someone's going to get hurt. I just kept chopping fruit for my fruit salad, trying to get dinner ready, and just ignored the sirens. None of the tv stations said anything about a tornado around Garland, so I figured they were just sounding them for the storm. They sound those sirens for any storm, not just tornados. I think that's a big mistake.

I'm glad y'all are okay, for the most part. I sure hope Carolann is alright. Those of you over in Tarrant County are sure getting a work out with storms these days. Thanks for buffering them for us over here!

Sally

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

She's alright
    She was watching Lost lastnight and I've talked to her this morning

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I can't watch LOST until Hubby gets home tonight. :(

I'm glad she's ok.

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

Sally, they sound the sirens in Ft. Worth too. Idiots. I think it's because they missed warning people about the tornados that came through like 5 years ago and tore up downtown and surrounding areas. They're just trying to cover their butts now.