Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryisthinking

Global Warming

terryisthinking
17 years ago

Global Warming has failed to kill my tomatoes with it's surprise snow storm.

DH is sitting in front of the fire muttering about Gore and laughing.

The Roses loved it.

I have to empty the ashes out of the fireplace AGAIN, and sweep up his trail of firewood bark chips.

Comments (20)

• justintx
    17 years ago

You mean, you don't WANT to clean up after DH?

We DH's leave those messes so you DW's will know we still love and need ya'll!!! Simply a subtle sign of affection and appreciation. (just wait til ya'll see what we leave ya for Mother's Day!!). ; - )

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Shhht!I aint buying that how bout' you Txgardnlady? Nice try justintx! :^)
    I think my poseys did OK too. Whew! I didn't want to start back from scratch before the hot season hit!PJ

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Everything here came through fine. Hope it did everywhere.

DH don't want to see what happens when he tells me he is leaving a mess to prove how much he loves me.

I just can't wait until it gets hot in Texas so they can tell us it is because of Global Warming.

Snork!

Janie

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Laugh all you want, but the human animal is destroying the planet, at a very accelerated rate.

Think back and understand the differences, between now and just a few decades ago.

There is no doubt that "global warming" is not only quite real, but that because we have refused to face the issue in a timely manner, and take corrective action when we should have, we now have what amounts to a "dire emergency", and if we don't all demand change, there isn't going to be much of a planet around, in 50 yrs.

It is up to you.....think about what your kids and/or grandkids, and their kids will have to face. I don't have any.....so I don't have to be concerned for them. However, I am concerned for others.

We can't be keeping our heads in the sand forever. The changes aren't going away, and sooner or later, you are going to have to take the head out of the sand. Let's hope it won't be too late to delay the inevitable.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

I remember reading that one of the symptoms of the general warming trend is more capricious, wildly-fluctuating weather:

hotter hot, colder cold, more episodes like we've just had (freezing weather after spring is well under way, hot spells in January, etc), tornadoes where tornadoes used to be unheard of, hurricanes of massive proportions & power, etc.

sound familiar?

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Yes, just like it has been since the beginning of time.

Janie

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I agree with you, Rick - whatever the reason, our weather is definitely changing. I could see it with many of my plants last year.

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    17 years ago

There is plenty of doubt about Global Warming. It's completely without evidence or proof.

We could throw statistics from both sides around and it would prove nothing, least of all that man is causing the unproved warming. Warming such as we have now was also a trend before automation, the combustion engine, etc. We are not in control of the climate, and we cannot fix what is not broken.

• justintx
    17 years ago

I agree we may be in a warming trend, like many over the last several millenia. We were supposed to be threatened by a new ice age back in the 60's.

We've been keeping records for maybe 100 years ±. The trees have been keeping record for millenia. They have recorded many climate changes in their rings (dendrochronology). I think it is a stretch that mankind is the cause. Isn't there more volcanic activity now than in recent history? (I think I've seen that on the Discovery channel). Volcanoes not only produce the potentially harmful gases, dust, etc; but, they also DELIVER it to the upper atmosphere.

I understand that even if we did everything to stop the catastrophic atmospheric progression, it would occur anyway. Meaning: we didn't start it - we can't stop it.

(I better go pick up my socks) ; - )
    J.D.

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

J.D. how's your wife going to know you love her if you pick up your socks?
    Jim

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My DH and DD love me tremendously. You men who have translated this behavior - what can I do to return the message? And don't tell me it's to pick up the love tokens - they never even notice!

• justintx
    17 years ago

I believe my DW returns her love by throwing away those "good" t-shirts, you know, the ones with the holes in them. She also helps me get rid of scrap iron and scrap lumber she doesn't see me using (her favorite). These must SURELY be signs of love - why else would she risk her life??????? ; - )

(Jim - you may have something there - she might think there is another woman)
    J.D.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Explain the last Ice Age before Man had any impact!!! PJ

• justintx
    17 years ago

I believe the last ice age was caused by 2 european swallows carrying a large coconut - but I could be wrong.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

European sparrows are so evil.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Yeah, if we could just get rid of them ----------

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Last ice age most likely caused by a major volcanic eruption. Nothing to do with man, but not a normal event, either.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Mass extinction before man was not even on the scope yet?

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Don't worry, be happy. On Friday, April 13, 2029, many of us stand a chance to be put out of our misery from our alleged slow self-cooking. (Too bad Jeffrey Dahmer died too soon to publish his recipes...)

A battleship-sized asteroid that has been named Apophis is scheduled to fly by closer to earth than some of the currently orbiting communications satellites. If Apophis doesn't hit us on the 2029 pass, earth's gravity might deflect it just enough so that it hits on a subsequent pass.

Truth can be inconvenient, but lies and hype are too often far too convenient.

Here is a link that might be useful: Astronomy article

• justintx
    17 years ago

Bummer, I'll JUST miss 70 years old.