Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

Blooming like crazy

fool4flowers
17 years ago

I have been enjoying all the blooming plants in my neighborgood since the rains. Here are a few.

Next door neighbor's bluebonnets

My allysum

My hybiscus

Comments (10)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Hey! You did it. I love the allysum.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Kristy,

Where are you located that you already have pretty tropical hibiscus in bloom? Very nice pictures. Good on you for figuring it out :). By the way, I posted your crepe myrtle pics on the Discussions forum on the transplanting CMs thread :).

Kristi

• lindseyrose
    17 years ago

WOW. !!! I, too, am wondering where Copperas Cove is in Texas. I'm near zone 9 (houston area) but my little hibiscus is only just barely, and I mean as of today, showing any green on the woody stem. I think it will be at least a couple months before I see any blooms. I had to cut the poor thing nearly back to the ground after most of its leaves got burned in the freezes (although I did cover it). It was a little thing that I put in the ground in November, so I was worried it might not have made it. Anyway, seeing your bloom already made me a little jealous, and a very excited to see something in the near future from my hibiscus!! Time will tell I guess...

Your plants are beautiful. I think that allysum is so interesting!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Very pretty.

Thanks for posting the pics.

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Copperas Cove is between Austin and Waco and a little to the west near Fort Hood. The allysum is in the top of the pot with the hybiscus and the flowers are so tiny you can barely see them. I really zoomed in on those. I love my new camera! Thanks for the help posting the pics. It was driving me nuts, lol.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

My hibiscus is barely sending up stems! I do have some nice spots(tiny) of Blue Bonnet. What a pretty flower that is!!PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Wow, did you just buy that hibiscus or was it in a pot and in the garage or something? LOL
    Mine are just sending up new growth
    Sure is pretty
    jolana

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Its in a pot with miracle grow time release fertilizer. My plants love that stuff.

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

The new hibiscus I bought two weeks ago in Houston area is blooming like crazy too....might just be because we are in Houston................

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Wow that is beautiful!!! I lost one maybe 2 of my Hibiscus..sighhh...
    I will have to take a picture of the bluebonnets going down the road to my house they are absolutely amazing..of course I'll have to put my grandson in the middle of them ..lol
    Dena