Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiepaintbrush

Long Kitten story

prairiepaintbrush
17 years ago

My sister had an outside cat she started feeding. It was real skinny and it had two kittens, Chicken and Lefty. Momcat was friendly but the two babies would never let her touch them.

She moved Mama and Lefty (now pregnant herself) to Castell where her inlaws live, but could not catch Chicken (using a live trap).

So, Chicken disappeared for a while and then turned up all dirty and bedraggled. They could never find the kittens she should have had, and assumed they had died. They finally caught Chicken (she was too smart to trip the live trap, so Jen had to do it using a string to pull the lever) and took her to Castell last weekend.

Today, Jen heard kittens under the house. They had LOOKED under the house, but I guess Chicken moved them at the last minute. Poor Jenny said she just about "loafed her pants" and burst into tears. She crawled under there and got the kittens and took them to the vet, who treated them and kept one of them. They were about 2 weeks old.

Happy ending, they are now going to Castell with kitten formula and all kinds of accoutrements to be raised by Grandpa (who has done this before). The vet said Chicken would probably reject them, so Grandpa will get to play kittymom. Oh, my, what a day!

Comments (6)