Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maden_theshade

American Idol

maden_theshade
17 years ago

Yesterday my (male) co-workers decided 'anyone having a baby in the next six months should definitely name their child Sanjaya!' haha! Can you believe that? I told them too bad!

I can't believe that guy is still in the contest.

Comments (12)

• remuda1
    17 years ago

"I can't believe that guy is still in the contest."

I think it's a shame. It's just unfair every week when someone with more talent than him gets voted off. I guess you can't underestimate the power of the "screaming pre-teen" vote......

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

If they vote off one more of my favorites and keep him, I won't watch anymore.
    I think those people that have been voting for the *worst* are so wrong for doing this
    When I was a teen, I at least had better taste in singers

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Ok, so I'm one of the few that doesn't watch that foolishness.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

"Ok, so I'm one of the few that doesn't watch that foolishness."

That's okay Rick, we still love you ;).

I don't think the teens give a flip about how he sounds Jolana. He's just so darn cute......That's what they are ga-ga about. Problem is, it's not supposed to be a beauty contest.

Hey, I was wondering about you....where you been?

Kristi

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I went out of town to visit 3 dear people in my life

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Jolana is out on the town! Watch out!!! LOL. Glad you're back hon. :^) PJ

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

I agree about Sanjaya! I was sorry to see Haley, from San Antonio, get booted last night. She happens to be the niece of a friend of ours here in Rockport, and that is why we started to watch it. We had a bunch of people cheering her on! Now that she is off DH says he just won't watch it anymore.

• denisew
    17 years ago

The only thing keeping Sanjaya in the race is the fact that he has a different hairstyle everytime he sings. That is what gets him the attention. People look at the hair and don't pay attention to his voice.

Sorry to say I did see a clip on the news of Haley singing the Latino song and didn't think she did very well with that. She seemed uncomfortable singing that style. It is a difficult style to sing, but she just didn't have it. Now there's another one who uses style to get attention. It seemed the further she got in the competition, the shorter her skirts were! She does have a nice voice - just not for Latino music.

Only time will tell who the next American Idol will be . . .

• maden_theshade
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I was rooting for Haley and Sundance since they were from Texas. Though disappointed Sundance was voted off so early, he had a lot of talent. Haley is adorable and very 'pop' so just perfect for this contest. I'm sure she'll be offered a modeling contract now...she'll be fine.

I really wanted to see Gina in the top three. We needed another rocker in the finals! oh well. Look at how well Chris Daughtry has done and he didn't win. I hope Gina gets a record deal.

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

I remember Bobby Sherman. Could he sing...no....but he was SO cute I bought his 45 (Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me?). And David Cassidy...same thing (I think I love you...but what am I so afraid of?). (Gosh....does David look like his daddy today or what???)

I'm really telling my age! Truly enjoying Melinda and Kiki (LaKisha).....love those gospel singers!! Was good to see Tony Bennett too....I have many of his cds and his 80th birthday tribute video..it is great.

I was told the other day that you are "Old" if you remember Billy Ray Cyrus in a mullet. That REALLY burst my bubble......I feel 20 inside people!! lololololol

Billy Ray wasn't really that long ago...was he?????

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Billy who? What's a mullet?

LOL! Sorry Mrs. Box I couldn't help it. BTW, I was born in 1969 and I know who he is. My kids may not but they're still young.

I just can't wait until I have to explain to my kids what a "Depeche Mode" is.... I don't think a person ever feels over 20 inside. It's the body that keeps dropping the ball darn it! :^) PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I have a younger cousin that loved Bobby Sherman, had his magazine pics all over her walls, lol
    We picked on her for that, lol
    I was still trapped in a world between Perry Como, Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley, lol
    I'm still rooting for Melinda and Blake.
    I really liked Sabrina Sloan also