Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

we did it!!!!

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

WE DID THIS AND YOU ALL ARE TO BLAME!!!I'm sitting here in kind of dazed wondering how to thank you all. 1800.00 towards finding the cure and helping the families of people with blood cancer! I'll bet the research helps all cancers and maybe a few good "accidents" for other disease cures too. (Did you know that penicillin was found by accident? All those lives saved by research! How many people in here have been saved by antibiotics?)

I had to make my goal. I couldn't have without all of your help. Period. I am running this race with all of you in my heart. It's and amazing feeling. I've been blessed by God with this. Really, thank you so much. Oh geez I'm tearing up now. My tough image will be ruined! PJ

Comments (14)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

We love you sweetie and we are very proud of you, last I checked, you were $10 over, lol

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

(((( Jolana)))Thankyou for making me cry more! :^) PJ

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe, when push came to shove, PJ lost that shyness, didn't she, lol
    "Times almost up, gimmee your money" Hehehehe
    Way to go girl!

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Well I am very very proud of you!! I know few people that works so hard. Congratulations!
    Dena

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Job well done, PJ ----- and I can tell the rewards for you are great !!!!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

PJ, you're a sweet person with a good heart.

Wish there were more people like you.

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

WAY TO GO!! That much fundraising is a marathon before the marathon. Too cool PJ!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Just don't hurt yourself, doing all that running. Bad for the ankles and knees, you know. Falling on pavement, is also not recommended, so keep those laces well tied.

Musing......why is it that charity running events use public streets.....when there are safe places to run on tracks? Oh yeah......people tend to do foolish things.

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Public street will bring more attention to the cause, that isn't so foolish if it saves some poor soul afflicted with something way worse than sore knees or scraped elbows. Go PJ Go PJ!

=D

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Yeah, well that's fine if you aren't the one that gets stuck in the traffic tie-up caused by the event.

Not to mention the obvious.......the runners are at greater risk on public streets, than off, both from traffic, and the loonies.

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Sitting in traffic isn't so bad compared to sitting next to a hospital bed holding the hand of another human being with an incurable illness.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Well, since I figure refusing to contribute to a good cause, unless you get to bribe somebody to do something they wouldn't normally do,....then I gotta figure the motivation wasn't quite the right one, in the first place.

Of course, the funds for research might not be a problem, if we quit worrying about the stupid stuff........like the feds granting money for catsup research. (sigh) Like.....Heinz can't afford to do their own bloomin' research!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rick you are so funny! Actually, tracks are too small for a huge event. Everyone would be falling all over each other! Unless you're trail running, in which case, the local fauna and flora try to do you in. I have to agree with the superfluous grants for research. Gimme a break.
    Jolana,Lol! I did lose my shyness! We were so darn close!!!
    TorB, the fundraising was the hardest part. You should've seen me at church with a sign stapled to my shirt!
    Thank you for the compliments and encouragement :^) It means a lot to me.
    I'm dead serious when I say I couldn't have done this without you! An incredible group of people! Thank you again!PJ