Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pkponder2

I think we're decided on a new place to live!

PKponder TX Z7B
17 years ago

We put a deposit on a great doublewide yesterday on the edge of the Comanche Peak North subdivision. You would not believe the views on the drive up! Our grand plan involves renting a mobile for a year to get a feel for the area. I am just so excited, I can hardly sit still. I was killing some time waiting for the landlord and took a drive toward Glen Rose and found a hand made sign for a plant sale, whipped off the road so fast (did I mention that I brake for plant sales?) I left a cloud of dust! There is a greenhouse/shadehouse with a wonderland of plants...I got a 'blue taro' to fulfill my unnatural lust for new plants ;) It's a wonderful feeling to have a great mini nursery to visit in the new neighborhood, and I met a nice lady (another plant junkie) who moved there from Addison and said she never looked back and loves it in that area. It looks like the move is finally a go!

Comments (17)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

WooHoo, did you have to tell us you brake for plant sales??? No! That's great. I haven't been in that area for a long time but I do remember how pretty it is.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

You'll be living a ways from me. I'm off 377 on the north side of Granbury. I can see commanche peak from my back windows.I'm on the lake so when I look south I have a lot of distance I can see.
    I know you will love the Granbury/Glen Rose area!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I look forward to meeting you, Bev! In relation to my work commute, we'll be neighbors ;)I'll be cruising up and down 377 a lot!

• remuda1
    17 years ago

PK,

It looks like you are just a stone's throw from my place. Welcome neighbor :). Check out Angie's Plant Shop here in Granbury. Really nice people with a nice small nursery.

You will love it here! Now where exactly is this plant sale???? ;)

Kristi

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kristi, I look forward to meeting you too! Howdy neighbor! The plant sale was south on 51 just after it splits off at 56, a little dirt road on the left. If nobody is there you have to give a little honk. The woman running the greenhouse says she plans to be open on weekends in the future, but her daughter and son in law should be there between the weekends (hence the need for the little honks).

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I'm not too far from Glen Rose. I'll have to check the nursery out.

PK, you're moving to a pretty area. I used to live in Granbury and we go to the antique malls in Glen Rose sometimes. You're also close to Fossil Rim.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I just checked the map......you and Kristi are really close to each other, almost just across the big hiway!
    How neat!
    I think I'm about 10 mi from you. As the crow flies...I'm about a mile west of Shaffers feed store (they're on 377)or if you look north off the Pearl St. bridge I'm just past the Marina with the blue canopy's(thats Mallard Point). The lake curves a LITTLE to the west in front of our house.
    PK (don't know your real name) when you get moved in we'll do a Granbury "roll call" and all get together for lunch or ice tea & snacks. We can probably get a couple other garden webbers from the GG club to join us.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That sounds great Bev! BTW I am Pam ;-)

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

"PK (don't know your real name) when you get moved in we'll do a Granbury "roll call" and all get together for lunch or ice tea & snacks. We can probably get a couple other garden webbers from the GG club to join us."

Bev, count me in when you guys get together. I'd like to meet PK and Kristi.
    I can ask some more GG club members if they'd like to come too. This sounds like fun.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It sounds like great fun, the more the merrier ;-)

Pam

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

They have lots of good places to eat in Granbury and lots of fun places to shop.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, we have most of our stuff moved in! Hubby and I rented a Uhaul and moved over the past 2 days. It is just sooooo hot outside! We won't be actually completely there until July first. I hurt in places I never knew I had ;-)

Pam

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Gosh Pam, it was hot the last couple of days. So are you living there now?

You need a cool bubble bath. Remember the commercial, Calgon, take me away?

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Think of all the exercise you got for free! Seriously I'm glad your well on your way to making a home!PJ

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We're going to be here painting and overseeing the flooring installs, ect until the end of July. The aquariums are in the new place because we couldn't paint with them in this house. I hope my fish are ok! I transported my lovely pair of rainbow kribensis in a gallon jar on the floor of the truck between my feet, though that would be the safest. By the time we got there, the water was hot and they looked really bad. Had to cool them quickly by sitting the jar in a sink of cool water, without shocking them. They had perked up a lot by the time we were done unloading. We set up the aquariums as soon as we got there and acclimated the fish to the new water for a bit, then loosing them in their tanks. One of the silver dollars must have beaten himself up a bit in the bucket during the ride because he knocked off a bit of his dorsal fin.Ideally, we would have stayed overnight to observe, but the boys (our dogs) were here and probably needed to go out for 'walkies'. Jeff is going by tomorrow to check on the finny children. Today, I'm doing the lawn and cleaning the pond here. I'm really going to miss my pond.

Sorry for the ramble, I need coffee!
    Pam

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I'm not that familiar with tropical fish, will his dorsal fin regenerate?
    Boy, you have your hands full
    We hope all fare well

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The dorsal fin will regenerate, but it will take maybe 2 years. This same fish had a big chunk out of his tail fin when we got him and it took 2-3 years to regenerate. My family thought I was crazy to try and move fish, but we've had them for so long, they are family too!