Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

Jolana/Goober Girl is Coming to Town~Yipee

carolann_z8
17 years ago

Jolana is driving to my house today. We're thinking of going out to Weston Gardens but don't know the exact time she'll arrive. It may be around 1:00 that we'll be at Westons.

I'm taking pictures.

Comments (44)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Whoooo wooo! Somebody lock up my credit card! We're going to a nursery! I just am so excited Carolann! PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

PJ, I know what you mean.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, the results are in. After meeting Jolana I can definately say that she's a real Goober. I gave her a basket of goodies and she cried.

But you know what....I love Goobers.

We had a really good time together.
    I made some Texas sweet tea and made sure I didn't pull a stunt like Jac did and forget the sugar. (thanks for telling me your story Jac) but then I totally forgot to give Jolana a glass of it and we went straight to Babes House of Chicken then to Weston Gardens where we hooked up with PJ and her boys.
    We shopped for plants and walked the gardens with non-stop talking and laughing. I'll post pictures in a little while.

Jolana is the same funny, sweet person we all know on GW and what fun we had.

Jolana, I'm coming to see you next.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'll come with if at ALL possible! Jolana is the sweetest person! I so grateful to know both of you classy,classy ladies! I had such a great time! PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

AAWWWWW, I just told DH the same about y'all. She did forget my tea, lol but took me to the best restaurant that I've been to in a LONG time. It was like eating at your Grandmothers. It was really good. I am so glad that I went, Carol's gardens are as beautiful as she is.
    I also got to meet PJ's kiddos and and they are so sweet and handsome and Pj is not a brat in person, well not as big a one, lol and y'all already know she's beautiful, you've seen her pic and read her posts

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jolana, I have more tea in the fridge. Come on over....lol

It was fun calling you Goober in person!!! hehehe

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

More for you, lol The BOX of Goobers is priceless, lol

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

LOL! You two are still going! Y'all could start doing a comedy! How funny. PJ

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

You came here in search of plant answers and found dear friends. All of you have a spectacular sense of humor - I'll bet you had passersby shaking their heads and laughing! Congratulations on a day well spent!

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

I am so jealous...I want to retire so I can visit..LOL
    I am sooo glad that ya'll got togather and had so much fun. I am really looking forward to the pictures. PJ, carolann how close do ya'll live to each other?
    Post pics!!!
    Dena

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jac and Dena, maybe we can all meet up somewhere one day.
    PJ lives about 20 minutes from me.

Friends are more important than plants but having friends that share your love for plants is the best.

I'll post pics.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Uhhhh, you better send them to me first bcause of that one with the mulch guy, lol
    I need to see it first

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jolana, you know I wouldn't post the one of you with the mulch guy.

What happens in Joshua, stays in Joshua.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

What happens in Joshua (Mexico), stays in Joshua.

At least I know it's safe for us girls to go to Mexico without our fellas. You already know the mantra!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, hot dog baby...let's go!!!
    I think that's where the mulch guy was headed, hehehehe

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

We will definetely have to plan that one day, and I know jeanne lives out in my area.
    Hmmmm mulch guy huh?? and pictures too???
    jac you are the one that said you are posting pictures so that means that what happens in Joshua stays in Joshua and GW...lol..Now Mexico..that would be a different story..lol!!
    Dena

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jo's playing like the mulch guys in Mexico.

I saw some feet hanging out of the back of Jolanas SUV when she drove off.

They looked like the mulch guys shoes.
    I think she snuck off with my mulch guy.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

You're all so pretty!! :):):)

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

OMG!!!...YA'LL ALL LOOK LIKE "GOOBERS!""..LOLOL!!! (oops did I type that outloud??!!!..lol)
    Ya'll look like ya'll are saying "DONT YOU WISH YOU COULD BE HERE ..HUH?"!!....ROFL!!
    Is this just my jealous imagination??????....LOLOL!!
    Wow....I can see each name matches each face!!..I love love putting faces to names, and personalities!!!
    I sit here tonight and stare (sp?) at this picture....I imagine all the funnies ya'll have posted...
    again...(shake my head!!)...it FITS...
    YOU ARE ALL...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YA...BEAUTIFUL...AND TOTALLLY MATCH YOUR PERSONALITIES!!!!
    HOW WONDERFUL......
    Again..I shake my head!!!..It just totally amazes me..that we meet online..otherwise we'd never know each other...and its like.............miss jolana..you put it best..."Its like we've known each other all of our lives"!!!!!
    WOW!!!
    I swear just looking at that picture is like coming home and sitting around the fire with your family and laughing with a warm cup of cocoa!!!
    Thank you miss's carolann, PJ, and jolana...
    Made my day brighter!!!!
    Dena

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Well, PJ and Carol anyway, lol
    It was just like we've always known each other,just like when we talk, it's like I always have known you,lol
    yeah, this internet thing is pretty incredible

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Isn't it strange to know someone over a computer??? If you'd told me that a few years ago I wouldn't have believed it!!!
    OMG! I can so tell I was trying not to laugh in that pic! PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

It was hard wasn't it??? I laughed so hard and so much yesterday my facial cheeks were aching lastnight, lol

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Three amigos, three muses, three fates, three sirens...ah yes, the three sirens.
    The enchantress (Thelchtereia), the seductress (Alaope) and she with the glorious face (Peisinoe).
    Our beautiful garden sirens, luring the mulch guy to their hammocks!

It's a wonderful picture of three friends sharing a fabulous day. Y'all look gorgeous!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yep Dena, the Goobers Three.

I like Jacs names better. LOL

Ok, who told Jac about us luring the mulch guy into the hammock?

We were all talking so much that Jolana forgot to fill her pockets with seeds. lol

What a waste of those big pockets.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, I bet the brat spilled the beans, lol

Who says I didn't get seeds, lol

Jac, I like your names and description better also, lol sorry Dena, lol

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

There are more pics of Jolana and Carolann over in gallery!PJ

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

OK...I quit!!..here I try to get all mushy..and hey...THANKS JAC...YA have to come up with better names..sigh.
    Ok..Im gonna go lick my wounds now........
    LOLOL!!!
    Ya'll are still all 3 so cute!!!!
    Dena

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Dena, your names are factual, we like pretend, LOL

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey....speak for yourself Goober Girl. LOL

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, seeeee, takes one to know one...factual, lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Okay, you guys - I am so jealous - what a good time you must have had. Of course, the fact that I was winging my way to Paris and points beyond will take the sting out a little. I am now in Fiumicino - a small town near Rome. The trip has been great so far, and tomorrow we head for the villa in Tuscany to meet up with the rest of the family. I miss reading all the news from you guys, so DH let me on the internet this afternoon for awhile. Take care and I will be bugging you again in June.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow, what a fun trip. You and Linda have been on some fun trips this year.

Gosh, Carrie in Paris and Rome and Linda went to Hawaii.

And here I thought I was really going somewhere when I took my trip to Fredericksburg. lol

Carrie, I hope you have fun and a safe trip.
    ~Carol

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Godspeed! PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I forgot all about this.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Hehehehe, I love that photo we had so much fun that day
    I laughed till I hurt, lol
    That was such a cool place

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Just one pic? That's all you got? geez.....and you used the plural.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Rick, that was last year
    The pics from this year are in Discussions under Carol's swap thread
    Behave yourself or you might get another plunk on the head, LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: PictureS

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Hah. I have my hard hat on, 'cause I knew that was coming. (smile)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I remember that! It was hot but all the gorgeous flowers made it worth it! We were talking about the merits of mullein as toilet paper if I remember correctly! LOL!PJ

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Care to list them, PJ????

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good memories.

Please don't squeeze the Charmin uh...er...Mullein.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Mullein is NOT in the cactus family LOL! I think that was the jist of the whole conversation...UG!(I HATED that commercial) Do you realize your grandkids will have no idea what your talking about? "Squeeze the charmin??? Why grandma?"

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Oh Carrie we went to Weston's Demonstration gardens and of course the nursery, lol
    It was fun, all I can tell you is, they didn't have any passion flowers, lol

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor