Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltcollins1949

Look What Was Caught!!

ltcollins1949
16 years ago

Check out what was caught in Aransas Bay this past week. Scary

I don't swim in the bays or the gulf because after seeing all the things in the water, I'll just stay on land! HA!

Comments (14)

• justintx
    16 years ago

Hey, lt - that is spooky!!! I'll take my chances with the snakes!!
    ; - )
    J.D.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I wonder when they'll finally run out of sharks to kill. I wouldn't wanna be swimming with them (bull sharks are really aggressive and can be found in fresh water,for example, the Mississippi..) but they are amazing animals in their own way. PJ

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Linda, that IS scary

I haven't been in the ocean deeper than 6 in. since the 70's when Jaws came out, lol

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

And that's why I don't swim in the ocean!!!

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

He sure is a bloody mess, must of been some fight.

• vannie
    16 years ago

Id been afraid he'd jump in the boat w/ me! Scarrrrrry!

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jolana I agree about the movie Jaws. I used to swim in the Gulf and Atlantic all the time and didn't think anything about it until that movie ruined my salt-water good times.

There are a lot more photos circulating around Rockport. My friend showed some of the other photos to her husband who happens to be a marine biologist. His comment was:

He had seen it earlier, and it was definitely female, and looks a little slack or wrinkled around the area which would indicate that it would had just given birth.

That's sad.

About a year ago, I got sooooo mad at my neighbor when he pulled in about a 4' black tip that was having pups. The pups got away, but he let the shark die. I was very upset about it. He has no respect for life. Anyway, I know that some friends of mine like shark, so I called them, and they came and got it and steaked it out. At least it didn't go to waste.

Back to the "sharks". I stay out of salt water regardless of the visibility. Water is for animals that "live" there full time; not humans! HA!

• justintx
    16 years ago

I look to much like a large walrus to be swimming in the ocean - much to easy prey!
    ; - )
    J.D.

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HA! You are funny!

• little_dani
    16 years ago

I don't swim in that water. I haven't for years, and I never will. I did not wade fish with my Daddy, because I saw a HUGE big fish swimming around and around him one day.
    Not me! I stayed in the boat, which is the only place for this smart cookie to be,

I bet those sharks like cookies too.

Janie

• justintx
    16 years ago

Janie - just dumb cookies. ; - )
    J.D.

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

I won't even swim in our lake anymore...Saw a man across our alcove throw a HUGE snake back into the water...now we have reports of allegators and my neighbor was in her lil' raft yesterday and cutting back some brush in the water next to the bulk head, and when taking a bath she found about 3 micro-leeches on her.
    I never swam in it again after the snake incident now I KNOW there will be swimmin' in there for me...
    Ewww sharks..I don't swim in oceans anymore either...
    Dena

• new_in_texas
    16 years ago

Eeek! We just booked our trip down there for September. It looks like I'll be enjoying sitting on the sand instead of playing in the water.

• beachplant
    16 years ago

We were jumping off the dock in the bayou one day. Went to get something to drink & saw a guy pulling a 6' shark in off the dock where we were jumping in. When he finished we all jumped right back in.

I swim in the gulf all the time, and the bayous and anywhere else I can find water. The only thing that ever got me were crabs and once some LEECH! YUCK! And that was in a creek that is usually dry. All the times I've been diving & snorkeling only saw a shark once, and a nurse shark at that!

Hate to see sharks killed, they are in danger around the world. I don't eat shark, shark fin soup, abalone or a lot of other fish because they are overfished and becoming endangered.
    Tally HO!