Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remuda1

BAD news in Hudson Oaks.....

remuda1
16 years ago

They have found four bodies (one adult and 3 children)in a trailer park there. There are a LOT of people that I know that worked out at the old race track that live in that park. Haven't been able to get any other information via my phone calls yet.

You guys please keep these folks in your prayers. I'll let you know more as I find out.

Kristi

Comments (15)

• carrie751
    16 years ago

What is the cause of death, Kristi? Or is this one the things unknown to you at this time? Everyone there will be in my prayers, and I will keep watching this thread for more info.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

OMG, that is horrible, yes prayers are in order
    jolana

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

I read about this in the paper this morning - 23 yr old woman and 4 kids - the youngest survived she was 8months old. They are suspecting it was murder-suicide.

"The mother and three other daughters, ages 5, 3, 2, all found hanging in a closet, were already dead, the sheriff said." - from star-telegram

• remuda1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They think it's a murder/suicide. They were all found hanging in a closet in their trailer. There was also an 8 month old that was found (all found by the woman's sister) hanging, but was still alive and is in good condition at Cook's Children's Hospital. They had found the estranged husband and at last notice, he was enroute to the trailer to speak with authorities...

Still don't know more than that. Hoping someone will call me back soon, the not knowing is awful.

Kristi

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

I saw that on CNN briefly this morning. Horrible almost seems like too small a word for it.

Sally

• remuda1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The woman and her children lived next door to Kaylee. Kaylee is the daughter of a friend of mine and is home with her newborn. She did know the girl, but not well. This is a terrible tragedy. I can't help but be relieved that it's not someone I know personally.

Kristi

• trsinc
    16 years ago

How terrible! The things people do...

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

They are in my prayers! PJ

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I saw this on the evening news and from what they could figure out the mother was stressed and had depression for the last few days. It is so sad that one does not seek out help.
    My prayers are with the family

• remuda1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I feel awful for those children....I also feel awful for that girl. These men come here to work and usually leave a girlfriend at home (Mexico). Then when they get set up here, they send for or go get the girlfriend and bring them back. They (the girls) are away from home, *usually* no family here and usually don't speak very good english. Her sister did not appear to speak any english. Then.....the boyfriend/husband, finds out what being a daddy and husband really means and starts beating up on the girl and being the macho man that he is, finds someone with no kids and younger and that's it for the girl and the kids.

Don't get me wrong....I am half spanish. BUT, I have seen it too many times and it makes me sick. She had tried several times for financial assistance and had been turned down, the husband was not paying ANY child support. For God's sake, she was working at Wendy's trying to support herself and 4 kids. Her sister's husband FORBADE the sister from helping her out with money. That trailer park is not a good area, obviously. It's a place of dispair. That's what I think caused this.....dispair.

There are lots and lots of good men out there and many of them are my good friends.....but there are way too many that think of women and children as disposable. It's an awful situation and usually ends up with awful results.

I'm sorry for the rant...it's just so depressing, angering, and....despairing.

Kristi

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

Has anyone else had the thought that maybe someone else did this?

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I thought women were more likely to smother,drown or overdose myself? I have a feeling it might be from an outside source for some reason too.PJ

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

no suicide note, no change of behavior (smiling & enjoying activities that very evening, according to neighbors), & the woman was not hanging where her feet wouldn't touch the floor; she "had to bend her knees" to get her feet off the floor.

That sounds like more willpower than anyone could summon-
    like holding your breath until you die, you just can't do it.

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

It looks suspicious to me, too. I saw on the news last night where a caseworker at the shelter the woman went to for refuge from her abusive boyfriend/husband/whaterver, said she thought fowl play was involved. She didn't think it likely this woman would have done that. I mean, why go to a shelter and then turn around and kill your children and yourself? It doesn't make sense.

Sally

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

The only thing that keeps coming back to mind when considering foul play is the phone call she made to her sister...early that morning she called and left a message saying there had been a terrible tragedy there...i think that was to ensure someone (her sister) would find her and those babies.
    I feel very badley for her situation and the thougths she must have struggled with in her last hours alive. I can understand someone wanting to end the pain (emotional or physical) but killing the children is just beyond understanding. I've always felt people do this because they don't want anyone else to have them.
    Last year a mom local here in Keller hung her daughter (age 11) and then attempted suicide - but lived!
    It was the saddest funeral I have even attended...