Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasorbust_gw

What will take this spot off of the coffee table?

Texasorbust
16 years ago

Sasha went crazy on me, this has been going on for 2 or 3 days. Every time I leave the room she clears off the remote and tv guide and hops up there! =/

And my MIL thought my dusty coffee table was a sight.....LOL

Comments (14)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Tie a dog bone to the leg on a short string! LOL! It's a big ole coaster!
    scat mat or small mouse traps usually do the trick.PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Sounds like a line-of-sight place, to watch activity in another room.

Solution.....her own place, with a similar vantage point. (Quickly....as dogs get "set" in the things they do, very fast!)

• Texasorbust
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't get it. She has been very easy to train with everything else. A stern "no" or "down" usually gets her looking guilty and behaving again. With this table thing she just acts confused, like she should have every right to lounge out up there and has no idea why I make her get down. Wait 'til I tell DH we need to build a labrador perch in the livingroom, this should go over nicely, rofl. Mouse traps? emmmmm, no way, lol. Going to go look up what a scat mat is though. =D

• janet_w
    16 years ago

She probably likes it because the surface is cool. Maybe another way to get attention animals do that too just like kids. If you want to get rid of the spot.... I'll take her ummm the spot..

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

She is only assuming her rightful place. Queen Sasha on her thrown!
    Jim

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I was thinking the same as Janet, My dogs love to lay on the tile when they get hot.
    It is cute though LOL but you didn't tell us it was a black spot you was trying to remove :)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

NOT a RAT trap BTW...mouse trap!!!They don't like the snapping but I haven't heard of a dog getting anything but irritated by one. Scat mat is a lot easier! I've also heard of balloons but that seems a bit tricky.
    Here's a good article I found.

Here is a link that might be useful: get dog off furniture

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I just had a great thought, You now can say you have the one and only coffee table dog instead of coffee table books.
    Susan I think you get the most rare pets that do strange things LOL.

PJ, Thanks for the link it will help me with the problem I've been having with my dog BO, he was use to laying on the couch at my uncles and even though I've gotten him broken of getting on them while we're home he still gets on them if we're gone. I like the carpet runner idea.

• trsinc
    16 years ago

I'm sorry, but I just have to say HAHAHA lol. You surprised me. I know it's irritating but from here, anyway, it sure is cute. :) poor, perdy, doggy.

• jessy_2007
    16 years ago

Maybe glass coffee table won't be so nice to sit on for your dog;)

Here is a link that might be useful: coffee tables

• denisew
    16 years ago

I noticed this is from last spring and I am wondering if this problem has been fixed. Those are funny pictures - 'cause it isn't my dog on my coffee table! If your dog is still doing this, then try using a squirt bottle with water and a couple drops of orange oil. Set the squirt bottle on stream and everytime the dog gets up there, spray her/him. Just don't spray it in the dog's eyes. Dogs don't like the smell of any citrus and it will deter the dog from getting on the table. Or you could simply put some potpourri on that table with a citrus scent or citrus scented candles - maybe lemongrass?

• toadlilly
    16 years ago

Too cute! We used to have a black lab, Tasha, and I can see her doing the same! Funny! CJ

• jolanaweb
    15 years ago

OMG, what a funny pic, she still has that baby, reading old posts keep me going sometimes, LOL
    I wish I had all of them, what a laugh till you tee your pants that would be, LOL
    Thanks Jim

• carolann_z8
    15 years ago

That is so cute. I don't remember this one.