Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwalters7

Tribute to my Kodie..saying good-bye is never easy

Dena Walters
17 years ago

We had to go ahead and have our sweet sweet Kodiak (aka Boo) put to rest today.

She had cancer and she was not able to walk any longer.

My husband and son took her to our vet today and stayed with her...I just couldnt do it!!!

We have had this sweet angel for 13 years. She grew up with my kids and at times was even my kids babsitter and my protector and always our best friend.

She will be so missed but she is no longer in pain.

( I will have to pull and scan some of her baby pictures sooo cute and sweet)

Kodiak

11/1992 - 05/2006

Rest in Peace my Sweet Angel!!

{{gwi:1311299}}

Comments (15)

• wilo
    17 years ago

Dena, I am so sorry. I know how much it hurts to say goodbye to a beloved pet.

Janie

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Rest in peace, Kodie.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

It's hard to have to put your animals down. Even when you know it's for the best. She looked very loved and happy.PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry, Denaw. That is so hard. She was sooo cute, such a great smile. I can see the love and contentment in her eyes in that picture. My heart goes out to you.

Sally

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

I'm sorry for you. It's been a long time since I've had to deal with the loss of a pet, but I remember the sadness...

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone!
    My DH and DS took her yesterday and I thought I'd handle it better..and I did until I got home and her food and water bowl was there..sighh...
    She will be dearly missed!
    Thanks again ya'll it really does help to share
    Dena

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Losing our beloved pet isn't just a pet it is a family member. They are there for us all the time, no matter if we're happy, sad, mad and often they are at our side when we really need someone. Rest in Peace Boo.
    Dena, take heart that you gave Boo a great home and was very well loved by you all, she was happy with you, I can see it in her eyes.
    Bless you Dear I know how you feel

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Barb *sniff* that was so sweet. She was loved and for a pure bred Rotty she really did live a long life.
    Dena

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Dena, I am so sorry, I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet but she had a wonderful life with a loving family, RIP Kodie
    jolana

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you miss jolana. Have you been out of town? I did miss you being on here and posting!
    Im blessed that I still have my other 2 furbabies, and they really seem to understand and stick close to their mommy.
    I always said...IF I had it to do all over again...instead of marriage and kids, I'd just have dogs..LOLOL....(I adore my DH and kiddos!)
    Dena

• little_dani
    17 years ago

So sorry for your loss, Dena. I know how hard it is to let them go, and I think you showed your love by letting her go. I hate to think of them in pain.

A shiver goes all over me to think of this. I have 2 sweeties that are aging. They are 12 years old now.

Janie

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I am so sad for you....I'm still not over having to put my Buffy to sleep almost a year ago. A good pet parent knows when to help their loving pet by putting them to sleep and out of their pain.

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

I am so very sorry. We've gone through this so many times, and it never, ever, ever gets any easier.

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Hi again Dena, ditto mikeandbarb - I hope the joy of your memories of Boo will heal your grief at her separation from you. That photo really shows in her eyes what a loving - and loved - angel she was - and is.

• friend
    17 years ago

i couldnt even read all this through my tears. I took one look at her face and lost it. :) she was PRECIOUS!

Mine had cancer too. I love your idea for the honey dijon rose- hwo fabulous.

I wish us both healing. Thanks for responding to my memorial thread for Friend

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022