Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

I'm a Grandma!

sally2_gw
16 years ago

Just managed to grab some time on my son's computer. Christopher Howard was born Tuesday a.m. by C-section. Mom and baby doing quite well. Chris is SOOOO beautiful!!!!!!!! He was 6.5 pounds and 20 inches long at birth, with brown hair. Lots of pics have been taken, and I'll post some when I get home, if I can figure out how. I miss you guys, and after going from Dallas to Boston (yes, DD did graduate and is wondering, "Now what do I do?") then to Seattle, I understand what jet lag is all about. But I'm a proud mama and a proud grandma!

Y'all take care! I'll "see" you again Monday, if I don't get to drop in sooner.

Sally

Comments (15)

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

OOOH, I have goosebumps.
    Congratulations Sally, I am soooo very happy for you and your family, take a nap with the new GB and you'll sleep like a baby.
    Miss you too and can't wait for pics.
    Take care and sniff and cuddle that baby for me, okay?

• beachplant
    16 years ago

A baby, a grad and a bi-coastal grandma! Congrats on all accounts. "See" you on Monday. If you aren't sleeping or flying off to visit the grandbaby. My mom became a frequent flyer when my sister started having kids.
    Tally HO!

• remuda1
    16 years ago

Congratulations Sally! Glad all is well. Be sure to kiss the bottom of you GS's feet for me :).

Kristi

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

Me too Kristi..I have a thing about babies feet...
    CONGRATULATIONS Sally!
    Ohhh Grandbabies are so very special!! And graduating too is special..lol
    Be Safe Traveling all over the place...and to think I get very tired just driving to my moms and back..its only about 150 miles one way..LOL I can't imagine how tired you will be when you get back home!
    Cant wait to see the pictures!
    Dena

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Congratulations Sally, you're a good mom and grandma to travel that far for all those events. They should be proud of you.

Kiss the little tootsies for me too.

• grittymitts
    16 years ago

May special blessings ever be with your precious new Grand Son. You're about to find out why they're called "Grands."

Little hands & feet fascinate me, but their wee kneecaps are wondeous too.

Congratulations G'Ma!
    Suzi

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your kids while they were teens.

Congratulations on both events. You are gonna love being a grandma.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Congrats, Sally on all these events going on in your life at such a fast clip. You are a good mom to jet all over the place, but I know it is something you will be well rewarded for. Enjoy your grandbaby and the rest of your trip, and we'll "see" you Monday.

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

Sally how far are you away from that new G'baby of yours???
    I really hope close enough to visit w/out a plane!!!
    I wish you so much luck and am Praying for health and peace with you and All of your good fortune!!!
    P.S. I love his name!!!
    Sleep well and then visit us again here on GW with pictures..lol!!
    Dena

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Congratulations!!!!! How totally cool! I am looking forward to the pics. Babies are so cute!PJ

• roxann3576
    16 years ago

Wow, Grandmother hood! I am jealous since I have reached that point too, but my dang kids aren't cooperating!

Roxann

• denisew
    16 years ago

Congratulations on both events! That is wonderful news about you becoming a grandma. Have fun spoiling that baby boy! Boys are so much fun!

• little_dani
    16 years ago

Congratulations!

I think the grands are God's Rewards! I hope your's give you as much pleasure as mine have given me.

Janie

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all. I posted a link to pictures on Jolana's thread begging for pictures. Unfortunately, they don't live close. They're west of Seattle in Silverdale, WA, which is way, way too far away. When DS finishes his tour of duty with the Navy in 3 years, they may move back to Dallas if he doesn't re-up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Baby and mom and dad are all doing fine, if not a bit bleary eyed and wide eyed with wonder. Mom had to have a c-section, so she's sore. DH and I both got sick on the trip, which made holding Christopher ill-advised. DH actually got pneumonia, but I just got a cold. We did go ahead and hold him, but had to wear a mask. I'm still a bit concerned, both for Chris and his Mom, and hope they didn't catch our germs.

Thanks again for all the warm thoughts! Everyone was right. I was a bit disconcerted about being a grandma, feeling way too young, but one look at that beautiful baby changed all that. I already love him to pieces!

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

You LOOK to young to be a grandma and I'm not just saying that to be nice!!!
    It's good you wore masks and I'm really sorry your DH got pheumonia! I hope y'all feel better very soon.(Darn recirculated air on a plane! Gets darn near everyone sick!)PJ

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm