Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwalters7

Look at this I found on Perrenials (sp?)

Dena Walters
17 years ago

This person found this awesome sight for prices that are crazy cheap...Im gonna order somethings..lets hope their good healthy plants..

Janie (wilo) they have a rose mallow on that site too (like my hisbiscus)

do a search for rose mallow plum crazy..its very pretty!!!

Dena

Here is a link that might be useful: Parks and Wayside wholesale...

Comments (20)

• wilo
    17 years ago

wilo says: "rut ro"

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Denaw, Thats the way to do it LOL just show us plantaholics bargans we can't resist. Man oh man I might get into trouble with that site LOL.

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

On the perrenials forum..a couple ppl. said they had already spent $20. ack....I spent $40..LOL (cheap shipping too!) $5. shipping on a $37. order!
    Ok..I got a couple of their roses (will keep in pots!! I seem to grow them in pots pretty good..lol)
    I got the honey dijon..such a pretty color...
    and some Heuchera lime rickey...
    Im doomed!! LOL
    Dena

• Kriskat30
    17 years ago

Hope you get lucky with them, they have a horrible reputation.

• wilo
    17 years ago

$37? Mine was over $50! I ordered SEVEN roses and I did go crazy for the plum crazy. And a few other things.

The prices on the roses were so good, it was impossible to resist. I actually did pare down my original order!!!

Now I gotta replan my "garden". Uhm, it's only TWELVE more plants.

And if the plants arrive and are good sized and in good shape, I'll be wanting to go order the ones I left off this order.

There are evil people on this forum. . . . not to name names, Dena, but . . . .

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

lol wilo..I got plum crazy too!!!
    I have ordered from Parks before with really good results...I can really baby an unhealthy plant back to life...but then again, Ive been known to baby a few healthy plants to death too!!...lol
    Dena

• little_dani
    17 years ago

WOW! I am impressed! I order from Parks all the time, but always seeds before. I have always been very happy with them.

I just bought that coneflower 'Harvest Moon'. Wish I had seen this first.

Janie

• little_dani
    17 years ago

WOW! I am impressed! I order from Parks all the time, but always seeds before. I have always been very happy with them.

I just bought that coneflower 'Harvest Moon'. Wish I had seen this first.

Janie

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

janie (dani) I was impressed too..so now I cant wait to get them to see how their live plants are...
    I'll let everyone know about my order, ya'll have to let us know about ya'lls!!
    Dena

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, okay, I just finished looking at this site and Dena, there is a very thin line between love and not love, ever heard that???LOL

Like y'all I have ordered seed from them but never plants.
    So being a big chicken and anticipating my trip with wilo, I'm waiting to see what the plants look like. How long ti; they are delivered, lol

Janie(dani) please contact your server, I don't think you are getting my emails...because in the past if mine weren't going thru when I would reply to yours it worked but the last 2 you sent I replied and nothing
    I wish I knew where emails go that don't make it thru. Sometimes there is stuff in them I really don't want floating around, lol

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No word on how long jolana, but I expect within the next 2 weeks I should get them...
    Dena

• wilo
    17 years ago

I got my order today! The roses are soaking in buckets of water right now. Giving the other things a nice long drink. I did not get the Hosta or Musa that I ordered, but the roses are nice sized. Bare-root, but already budding out.

I think I would order again.

Oh wait. . . maybe I'll do that NOW!

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ROFL wilo!!
    Well I emailed them yesterday and explained that I had not even gotten a confirmation email stating they had been shipped....I got that email right away...so Mine were shipped yesterday..sighh..Im so jealous!!!
    And they responded today with a follow up email...I liked that too!!
    Im sooo glad they are a good size...Shoot now I really can't wait...
    Thanks wilo...just rub it in!! : )
    Dena

• wilo
    17 years ago

I didn't get a email saying they were shipped. Just the order confirmation. The website shows my order as processed, not shipped. I was very surprised to see the package on the front porch. Of course, it's hot as blazes today but the porch is in the shade so hopefully no real harm was done. I will let everything soak until at least tomorrow morning. Of course, I did NOT buy containers yet as I was worried the plants would be no good, so now I gotta go BACK out and get containers (and potting soil) for all of these. . . . seven roses. . . . I must be insane!

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

wilo...plants first pots later..lol!!
    Well I have the pots..and no plants yet. On the perrenials forum alot of them had received an email saying they were shipped and a few had already received theirs...
    Thats why I sent the email..and glad I did..seems they shipped mine out the day of my email..whether before or after the email..we'll never know...Ohh heck I don't care just get me my flowers..lol
    I bought one HUGE pot to put 2 of the roses in togather...think this will be ok to do?
    Dena

• wilo
    17 years ago

ooohhhhh, two roses in one pot. . . . . . I feel like Homer Simpson. . . . . . How big of a pot is it?

Which roses did you order??? You're away from home during the day, right? Where will you be putting this large pot?????

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

wilo,
    Its a HUGE pot the same size I put my apple and peach trees in....
    I got Honey Dijon and ..and Fragrant Plum..
    It will be on my patio and get alot of sun..if it seems to get too much I'll move it to a shadier location....

I can let ya know the exact size when I get home this evening..and yes Im away all day..but I buy them cheapy clear huge saucer things that holds water under your plants..and I put them under all my plants when it gets really hot..like now...its the only way they survive...

Dena

• wilo
    17 years ago

soooooo. . . you're away all day and your roses will be unguarded, eh????

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

ahem. . . by the way. . . and where did you get this huge pot? I need some.

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

At Lowes....duh!..LOL
    Noo most of the time my DH or son are home right now..LOL and I do keep a laser around all my plants that will knock you out if you try to touch them...LOLOL!!! (believe that one??..lol)
    Dont ya think that Honey Dijon and the purple will be pretty togather?? Ohh and I also got the playboy tree rose, did you see that one??
    Dena

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Have to report..I got my order yesterday and the roses are just huge (w/several sprouts already) and my Hecuhera's that I ordered are so healthy..
    I'll try to get a picture tonite!!!
    The box they came in was huge..at least 6 ft tall..I'll HAVE to get a picture of that too..you will not believe how big it was..lol
    Dena

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm