Houzz Logo Print
texasorbust_gw

Giggles in real time.......poor DH

Texasorbust
16 years ago

Sorry LaurelLilly, but I have to plagiarize

your george the cat posting idea.

scene setting last night:

me: Are those large loppers still sharp?

DH: WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING NOW?

me: Just want to trim that one branch, think that lily needs a little more sun for that bloom to show it's colors.

DH: PLEASE just wait until the weekend before we start any more projects.

scene change:today

me(in shed): hmmph, he must of hid them, know those loppers were here last night.

me(waiting til perfect time when DH can't get to cell phone at work): *ring ring*enter voicemail* "hey it's me, i'm up in that tree and the ladder fell. Think the dumb chainsaw just ran out of gas. You may need to bring home dinner since I am unable to set up anything to cook right now."

me again, quickly:"a tea with extra long straw would be a good idea also"

Have you ever heard a phone ring itself off the hook? roflmbo!!!!

DH:"this had better be a joke" me:"weren't so sure for a minute there though eh?" DH: *just breathing* "I'll do it when I get home"

=D

Comments (24)

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

LMBO!!!

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Oh your good girl or is that bad BAH HAHAHAHA.

I get myself into trouble all the time. Didn't it today in fact DH not all to happy with me right now. He hates house work.
    I went and got two cans of paint a light color and a darker color, light to go on trim inside house and dark for the walls.
    me: I painted the front door inside and the trim around the door and a little spot to the left of the door on the wall
    DH comes home
    Me: OH Honey look what I did today LOL.

DH: grumbles NOW we have to do the whole room and by doing the room we'll need to do the rest of the house.

Me: YEAH, that's right the whole inside of the house needs painting DEAR.

DH: I don't like the dark color

So, now I've got to find another color I don't want the whole inside the same color. If that's the case I might as well save myself the trouble and just have him wash the walls LOL.

• justintx
    16 years ago

note to self: DW not really in tree with lost chainsaw. DW wants to paint the house - buy her more paint.

• trsinc
    16 years ago

lol, y'all are bad :)

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

When are your DH's going to learn to ignore you like mine does, LOL

Y'all are good, LMBO

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Mine thinks I'm totally whacked. He knows I get on a role with stuff and just helps or stays outta the way! My house really does need painting come to think of it. PJ

• remuda1
    16 years ago

"When are your DH's going to learn to ignore you like mine does"

Mine too Jolana, and I've come to appreciate it!! The phrase *bull in a china cabinet* comes to mind, LOL!

Kristi

• Jacquelyn8b
    16 years ago

Lol - you're gonna give that poor fella a heart attack!

• melvalena
    16 years ago

OH MY GOSH!!!! both the 'stuck up in the tree with broken chain saw' and 'the paint thing'!!! So funny! (and I'm saving these ideas to use later when needed)

here's one to add to your stash of ideas:
    Hubby went to work one morning.. after surveying what needed to be done around here, and consulting with a contractor for a new patio roof:
    I decided I just can't/don't want to live in this house anymore. I was frustrated, depressed and angry.
    I started packing up stuff to get ready to put it on the market. I was over the top with my new mission.

I called then emailed hubby with the news and my plan. (which was already in motion by then) He was not going to be able to stop me or change my mind. I was committed.

I started with the kitchen. Told him I wasn't gonna cook anymore and we'd be eating on paper plates until I unpacked our stuff in the new kitchen in our new home.

So far, most of the bedroom closet and kitchen has been moved to a newly rented storage place. In purchased moving boxes, no more of those missized and shaped liquor store boxes for me!
    The exterior has been painted and my kitchen cabinets have been redone. Next is new flooring.

Its working....

My goal was "on the market first week of June" I had a list and a schedule to get there. Now its looking like maybe we'll be market ready by the end of summer. :(

But steady progress is being made.
    We have no idea where we're going, but we ARE moving!

Unless the housing market bottoms out. If that happens we'll stay here with all the improvements and I will 'waste' money on a new patio roof.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

I love it that my DH stays "out of my way", and does NOT try to help me garden. He can tell when I am on a mission, and he just goes to his office. I will call him when I need a strong arm to move or trim something. LOL

• Texasorbust
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL@painting........have used a version of this one already @ our old house. Painted around a rack that DH was putting off taking down.
    The moving thing is new to me though, "lemme go Dear, the uhaul truck just bumped into the realator's car." Now THAT is enough to motivate anyone, lmbo!

• denisew
    16 years ago

That sounds like when I decided to move our shed to the other side of the driveway. I just went out and started undoing all the screws. When they were all out, the next thing was to lift off the roof. I couldn't lift it so came back in the house and and told DH I needed help with something outside and when he came out to see what I had started - just rolled his eyes and knew that all he could do was to help finish. We got it all moved by that afternoon. I think he is glad it is over there now. It is out of the way and out of sight from our patio.

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

I can't believe your husbands are so easy.

"hey it's me, i'm up in that tree and the ladder fell. Think the dumb chainsaw just ran out of gas. You may need to bring home dinner since I am unable to set up anything to cook right now."

me: Should've called 911, they'll even send the firetruck to get a cat out of the tree, how do you want your burger?

"I painted the front door inside and the trim around the door and a little spot to the left of the door on the wall"

me:Aah, polka dots, I like it. I bet it'll really look good when your finished.

"I called then emailed hubby with the news and my plan."(moving)

me: Be sure to send me your address when you get settled in, so I can forward your mail, and don't put any boxes on the patio, they might get in the way of the workmen coming to put on the roof.

"I couldn't lift it so came back in the house and and told DH I needed help with something outside and when he came out to see what I had started..."

me: I wouldn't have done that. What good is a shed without a roof?
    Jim

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

LOL Jim!

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

HAHAHA Jim......
    You sound just like my DH.
    I painted over the darker paint and you can't even tell where it was.
    NOW
    DH: Thinks everything is finished. Fresh coat of paint on door and trim looks great why do you need to do anymore.
    Me: BUT BUT BUT Just look at these walls
    DH: Yeah well it looks just fine to me.
    Me: NOT, I'm going to paint anyway
    It is now Sunday we can't mow ground to wet, can't plant ground to wet LOL, can't paint cause I'd have to go to Home depot and DH would come along and spoil my fun there.
    SO what did I do today so far, washed clothes and did some touch up on door and then I headed into the BATHROOM with my can of paint HEHEHEHE.
    I got the dark paint and painted a good 3 foot by two foot section, my bathroom walls are wall papered hehehe can't stop now.
    Me: Honey come here I want to show you something
    DH: Walks to were I'm at, sees paint on bathroom wall, Not a happy ,now how are you going to fix this mess.
    Me: We paint it, now we have to paint it
    DH: Over the wall paper?
    Me: Yes, I watch HGTV all the time and they do this. It works and I know what I'm doing.
    DH: Not so sure and still not happy cause it means we have to paint now.
    Do you think he'd married me have he known I wasn't lazy like him and be a veggie on the soaf on the weekends.
    I do things my way when I want or feel like doing them.
    Sometimes I'm my own worse enemy getting myself into troubles. Not bad kind of troubles but making work for DH and myself.
    Mel, your a very brave girl. I think if I went that far my DH would do what Jim says. Hope you have a nice life, call me when you get there. Oh you taking Lacy or Bo LOL.

• melvalena
    16 years ago

If I'd gone around painting like you have.. I'd have to fix it myself. Hubby won't do that kind of work. Either I do it or he'll hire it done. Trouble is, he won't hire it done soon enough, so I'd end up doing the whole job myself. :(

Hubby is perfectly happy to stay here.
    Until yesterday.
    I told him about meeting the new neighbors and their dog.
    Its a pit bull.
    With out batting an eye Hubby says its time to go.

Finally! He's 100% on board with the move.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Okay, Melvalena, take the pit bull back to whomever you borrowed it from.

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

LOL Carrie.....She didn't get it from me I don't have a pit bull.

How funny Mel. I little old doggy going to chase DH out of his own home.

It would not work for mine though.....

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

Yeah, Melvalena, and tell them you want be needing the alligator, but thanks anyway, and they can just keep the money.
    Jim

• denisew
    16 years ago

Jim - Our shed is vinyl and the roof had to come off first to move it. It is made up of panels connected with edging pieces that makes it all fit together and held together by all the screws. We took it apart piece by piece and reassembled it on the other side of the driveway.

• momofjandj
    16 years ago

You guys are hilarious! When I recently put in my first flower bed, only months ago, DH knew he had some work coming...he only pouted for a couple of hours! lol
    When it comes to gardening, he says "it's YOUR hobby, not mine" until I whine enough about needing his big, strong muscles!;) At which he gives a sarcastic laugh and asks what I need. (He really does have big muscles though!)
    I've started several unfinished projects around the house...the key is to choose one that he really wants to do but hasn't made time for or the commitment to start. Then he is on deck to get it done...
    Nothing wrong with a little mind manipulation to get what you need done, right?

• beachplant
    16 years ago

My poor hubby had to go paint and clean the rental house. I'm going over to trim the trees, after he commited crape myrtle I'm not letting him near them.

We live in an old house that needs tons of work. I just tell him that he has job securtiy when he retires in a few years.
    He would be like Jim when I told him things like ya'll do!!
    Tally HO!

• Bev__
    16 years ago

My husband is not allowed to help around the house.
    He either does things 1/2 a##ed or breaks something.
    If I can't or don't want to do something, I hire a pro. It's usually cheaper to hire a pro and get it done correctly & fast. Some do it yourself home improvement jobs get really expensive by the time you pay your Dr & chiropractor bill, replace other items in your home you wrecked doing the original home improvement job, meals out or take out because you are too tired to cook.
    I mostly just do the jobs I like & hire out the rest.
    Why did it take me so long to figure this out?????

• carrie751
    16 years ago

You are my kink of gal, Bev. I agree with you wholeheartedly !!!!! Cheaper in the long run and soooooooo much less stress!!