Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

It's over! I ran!

pjtexgirl
16 years ago

There were so many people running for this charitable cause!!!! I was surrounded by so much,for lack of a better phrase, positive energy! All those people running on the generosity of others. Just amazing! I can't describe the feeling of being around it! Completely uplifing is a close description.

That said, I'm glad it's over! I have time for my regularly scheduled sports now :^ )

I would recommend this to anyone. A person can choose to walk,run,ride or triathalon. I believe life is about the things we experience. This was an experience that was on the top of the charts as memorable! Thank you once again for all the love,encouragement and generosity I found here! I will be posting pics later tonight or tommorrow! PJ

Comments (22)

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

PJ, what an amazing girl you are, I am so very proud of you. How was the weather, did you drink enough?
    How are you feeling now besides, proud?

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

PJ, you little toot you. I'm so proud of you. I wish I could've been there cheering you on.

Wait a minute, you say there were hundreds of people there.

I think I was there.
    That was me way in the back yelling, "Free plants for PJ at the end of the road". LOL

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Jolana! Like I've been run over! LOLOLOOL! I'm a bit loopy(how ever will we tell????)I really have trouble walking,"runner's shuffle" or as my DH teases me(while I'm immobile!) "penguin walk".Sheesh, I turned my really sweet DH into a smart *ss.
    I carried my drink. Kept re-filling my bottle at gatorade/water stops. I cannot get dehydrated at all or the show's over. My stomach cooperated(yeah!). I was really concerned about that.
    The weather was perfect and the scenery was gorgeous.Wild flowers everywhere as far as I could see. I remember thinking "Wow I could get some seed/cuttings here!!!" I couldn't figure out how to run with a plant in my hand! LOL! It could've been my bouquet at the end! :^) PJ

• denisew
    16 years ago

Now that you know where all the cool plants are, you could go back and take cuttings at your leisure, huh?! Way to go on running the race and finishing!

• trsinc
    16 years ago

YAY, PJ!!! Good for you! So glad you had a good experience!+- My cat is glad too, as he is typing right along with me! +ugh.. lol

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

Yay!!! Congratulations, PJ! Where was this race? Not that I'm thinking of going out there and looking at the wildflowers or anything...

• janet_w
    16 years ago

Congratulations were proud of you. How far did you run? Hope your not sore tomrorrow.

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

WTG PJ, Congratulations!

=D

Your DH is a brave soul, don't think I would tease someone that could chase me for 20miles than karate chop me, lol!

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Survival is the main thing.

• grittymitts
    16 years ago

Three BIG ol' Texas cheers for ya' PJ!

Suzi

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Yeah, PJ --- way to go. I am so glad that it was such a great experience for you --- what a girl your are !!!!! We are all so proud of you.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you!!! I ran 13.1 miles and I'm still hobbling today. I will be fine in about a week.
    Sheesh, I can't imagine doing this because,and I quote,"running makes me feel great!" Those people have serious psychological problems!LOL! It was quite worth it for charity.
    The wildflowers/gorgeous scenery(complete with a zillion Purple Martins that ignored my plea to move to Benbrook!) Was from Flag pole hill along a road and a trail behind everything along a small river/big stream. I even saw a blooming Red Buckeye.
    Carolann, was that you??? Dang! I thought someone looked familiar! LOL!

• little_dani
    16 years ago

Congratulations, PJ! I think that is a wonderful accomplishment! I can't imagine running 13.1 miles, not even .1 miles! I would have to take to my bed and just stay there for forever!

I just realized that you have the same name as my old doberman who was my best friend for so many years. LOL, Why didn't I ever think of that before?

Janie, who is losing it slowly.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'll bet that Doberman was faster n me! LOL!PJ

• beachplant
    16 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS!! Now you can run by and snatch plants! We'll never catch you. I only run from hurricanes.
    Thank you for doing this.
    Tally HO!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're welcome! Thank you right back! Running from hurricanes sounds like a good plan :^ ). I'm so innocent and pure I'd never snatch a plant....really honest(innocent look?)

Soooo...who's next? C'mon stop looking at your shoes! We need volunteers! LOL!

• Jacquelyn8b
    16 years ago

Congratulations!!! Knew you could do it :)

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jac! Hi! Thankyou! Drop by more often girlie girl! PJ

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Hey, PJ, I just returned from my trip and had to check up on how your run went. Congratulations! Way to go! Woohoooo! You go girl!

I didn't realise your run was in Dallas. If it had been scheduled a little better, like a weekend I was in town, I coulda been there cheering you on. I bicycled that trail once, and DH has done it more than once. It is a nice trail.

Good job, PJ!

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks! :^) It would've been sweet of you to be there!
    We had a HUGE cheering section even from people not involved!!! PJ

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Good for you PJ! How much was running & how much other?

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I can only run between 5-8 miles before my stomach freaks out. Some people's intestines can't tolerate long distance running. I found that out AFTER I signed up!!! So I taped OTC meds to the bottom of my Gatorade to take when things started going south and kept on going. No more running for this chickie here! PJ