Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwalters7

Ok..Requesting Prayers Again!! Please...

Dena Walters
17 years ago

Ok,

I think most of you all know that my son was diagnosed with Wegener's Granulomatosis the end of 2003. Life support 10 days and in ICU /CCU for 28 days. (very serious illness)

He has been off of all med.'s since Jan of this year (considered in remission/ there is no cure just treatment for this disease).

Anyway, he went to do bloodwork yesterday and has his appointment to the Dr. on Tuesday.

I have noticed that he has been really tired lately and has lost weight (which he's a skinny kid anyway but now he is just a bag of bones!!)

So please please send up some prayers that his bloodwork comes out good and he is still in remission!!

Thanks so much everyone...I reallly do sincerely appreciate all of ya'll!

Dena

Comments (18)

• lauramay67
    17 years ago

Dena-

what is your son's name, and how old is he- if you don't mind giving out that info.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Dena, I will be praying for your son to come back with a miracle report.

I can't pretend to imagine how hard it must be to have a sick child.

Hugs, prayers and good thoughts will be going you way.
    Carol

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

And with the week, and spring you've been having....

Prayers from here!

• Kriskat30
    17 years ago

Prayers sent from Dallas!

• wilo
    17 years ago

prayers from here as well.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

prayers and healing thoughts from us too

Pam and Jeff

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much everyone!!!
    lauramay, my son is now 20 and his name is Tony. He was diagnosed when he was 17, his Sr. year of High School (09-21-03), and we were discharged from the Hosp. on his 18th birthday (10-17-03)!!
    Because of the high doses of chemo and steriods he couldnt go back to school for another 6 weeks..but he did wonderful!!
    Again...I always worry when Dr. time comes. This is our first time to go 6 whole months before going back to the Dr., for the first year it was every 2 weeks...then once a month...soo 6 months is a long time.
    Dena

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Dena, Bless your heart. You have my prayers, I pray that your son's health is better and you will get good news from the Dr.
    God bless you and your family

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Prayers from Benbrook! PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

(((Dena))), you and your family are still in my prayers, but we will double up

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

Dena - our thoughts are with you. You are going through the same thing that we have been going through, so I know the thoughts running through your head.

Is your son able to go to work or school? If he needs a pen-pal, I have one for him.

tj

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks again everyone...really!!
    tj, my son is working and seems to be doing ok. The problem is, he probably wouldn't tell me IF he didn't feel good w/the fear of having to go back in hosp or back on meds.
    I know he's been off of his meds. and I'm thrilled, and God willing everything will turn out great on this visit...I just totally panic everytime we do bloodwork.
    I also know that prayer is powerful, I totally believe the only reason my son survived this was because of prayer. We were told he would not make it, but I knew he would. Plus we had great doctors who just would not give up!!
    tj? is your son/daughter ill? I did not know..I will definetely add your family to my prayer list!
    Dena

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

My heart and prayers go out to you and your son.

Sally

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

Denaw, lots of good thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your son!!

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Dena, two more at our house are praying for your son and you!

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

Today was great news, still gets to stay off of all meds. Won't have to see the Dr. or the lab for another 6 months. YEA!!!!
    No blood in urine, and the cAnca test was a negative for the 1st time in 2 years!! (Great Great News!!)
    Soooo Bless everyone single one of you all!!!! And Thank you so much for all the prayers!!!

Dena

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

Whoopeeeeeeeee! Finally some good news for you! Congrats (and sigh of relief for you!).

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you bobbi!!! I tell ya..it's been a tough year so far...but I just know its gota get better!!!
    Thanks so much for all the prayers!!!
    Dena

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!