Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryisthinking

I Can't see the shore

terryisthinking
16 years ago

It's still raining - it's not like a normal rain, I stepped out back and it was like two firehoses opened up on me.

Comments (21)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Here too! My rainbarrels are all filled again! Whoo hoo! I was runnin' low! PJ

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

I need some rain barrels. This time next month we may be wishing it would rain.

My flowers do look happy as they float by.

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

It is so nice to not have to water at all for the past two months. I know all of our plants are loving the rain water verses city water.
    PJ, Why are your rain barrels running low?

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I used the rain water up establishing plants from the spring swap. Also all my potted plants get rain water. They LOVE it!
    Carol you'd love having rainwater! PJ

• roxann3576
    16 years ago

Carolann your plants floated by my place and then on down further.

PJ - rain barrels? Do slugs gather around them? Do you hide them? I have seen an example of a huge personal system on PBS for someone in Austin. They had barrels aligned under shed with plastic tubing directing the guttered rainwater into the barrels. Is yours placed next to the house (like the old 'cysterns' (I think that was the name for these things)?

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Mine is ghetto. Old trashcans with a hose threaded through a hole at the top for runoff. I want the nicer,pro-working ones but that's in the future. I grew vines over one and am working on hiding the other two!PJ

• beachplant
    16 years ago

Send me some rain please. On Tuesday. This is my first memorial day off in 3 years. So I don't want the rain before Tuesday.
    Tally HO!

• carrie751
    16 years ago

First thing Tuesday, Tally, now go enjoy your week-end!!!

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

Wonder if they sell these to match my gloves. I had big plans for today!

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

LOL Susan

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

LOL!!!! PJ

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

Edge of duck pond is in there somewhere:

Renaming Gracie, she looks more like eeyore:

Wet start to summer vacation:

same kids, 10 minutes later:

=D jk, but it sure feels that way.

• little_dani
    16 years ago

We've had 6" so far. Floating, that is what we are doing.

Not sure how happy the plants are going to be when the heat shows up again. I need to be out there with some mulch as soon as the water drains off enough. I hate to think of my plants in the blazing sun with boiled roots.

Cool here now tho. Nice.

Janie

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    16 years ago

What say we all paddle over to the Water-gardening forum.

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

Noticed it is taking the pooling longer to recede each time we have a down pour, in the beds and the lawn now too. They keep tacking time on to our flood watch status.

Squeezed a couple of good hours in this evening though. Like heaven after being stuck to the windows begging the rain to at least slow up for more than 15 minutes. Not a single skeeter bite, they all must have drowned.

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Day-um!

Someone translate that for PJ and TxorBust

It's pouring like it never rained before out there. I'm glad it's downhill to the creek. Hope it drowns the chiggers, and mosquitoes don't grow in moving water - and this is moving.

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

AOL weather alerts for my county are going bonkers again.....

FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING...VERY HEAVY RAINFALL...AND WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH CAN BE EXPECTED FROM THESE STORMS.

Day-um! ;D

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Day-um! Is that thar kinda like that thar only not???? LOL! It's pouring here off and on too. My chickens aren't happy. You know what they say, if the chickens aren't happy.....LOL!

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's right PJ. And TxorBust used it correctly.
    I checked the 10 day forecast, and on Sunday there is an 80% chance of rain. The least chance on any day in the entire 10 days is 30%.

My grass is going to be knee high.

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Poor Gracie needs a barn! txgardenlady, I think chiggars multiply with every drop of rain.

PJ, I wish I still had my rain barrels. Dh made me get rid of them. Now I just have a couple of pots in the backyard & he wants them gone too.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I'm sorry Marti! Tell your DH my water bill is HALF of my neighbors. How much extra cash does he like to spend for water? LOL!PJ