Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwalters7

Went to Lowes today and ALMOST Cried!

Dena Walters
16 years ago

Ok..I had to take some transition tiles back today to Lowes, and was just gonna stroll thru the garden center...Just as I came thru..I saw the "Save Me" flowers section and the guy was JUst putting Lillies out...as soon as he rolled up this ONE lady took every single lilly he had...they really were beautiful 3 gal. for $1. and she took at least 35-40 of them...ALL of them...I thought about tripping her...That just was not right (what she did)!!..lol

Then this other man was grabbing all the kangaroo paw plants for $1. 3 gal, he carried about 8 in his hands to his basket and I grabbed the last one and ran..lol..he walked back and said..."hey, well them went fast!"..Duhh Hey Mister you got them ALL but ONE!!!...

Anyway..I did get 3 ballon flowers for $.50 and ONE red kangaroo plant for $1...grrr .. sure wanted alot .. ok SOME of them lillies!!!

All in all I also bought (at reg. price) 3 victoria white salvia, 3 Harvest Moon coneflower, and 2 Big Sky Twilight coneflower. Needless to say there was $.50 left of the $$ I got back on the tile I didn't use..LOL

Dena

Comments (17)

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

That's just not right for someone to HOG all the plants on sale. You should have YELLED FIRE FIRE and when she ran away, you run and grap the ones you want LOL. Ok, I would not do that but sound like a good plan don't it.....

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Yep! Fire fire! all the way! LOL! Pretend to have a seizure? Yell,"Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie having a fight NAKED and throwing money at eachother wildly in revenge!!!!" PJ

• justintx
    16 years ago

Just slip something in their pocket with a security tag on it. When they set the buzzer off as they exit, and they are hauled to the back of the store, you push THEIR cart to YOUR car, load up, and go. (Carrie - you out of the pokie yet?)
    J.D.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Hahahaha, JD, you sound like you have had experience with that lil trick, LOL

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Miss Dena, I pushed submit too soon, lol

LOL, I'm sorry but I might have done the same thing if it was something I wanted real bad, hehehehe

Not really, there are some strange people out there

• carrie751
    16 years ago

And I thougt I could trust JD with my trade secrets. See if I share a secret with you again !!!!

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Barb!! You are too funny...Well I had my GS there..and he'd have been the first to run had I yelled FIRE..LOL!!!...Even at the register she told another women where they were and how cheap they were...the women left the line of about 50...(slight exaggeration!!) She left the line to go and find HER some of the lillies!!! Man did I want to say.."No..that women took them ALL, She is the HOG!!!" lol...I felt really bad for her..no she was not in my line..LOL!!!! Does NOONE WORK ANYMORE???..LOL..sheshhh I thought..Ok friday early..NO people..WRONG!!! again...ssheshhhh
    PJ, in my Lowes, If I yelled "NAKED" about anyone..they'd keep shoping..LOLOL!!!!
    JD, we don't have security tags in the Lowes I shop in...dang but what an idea at other stores...you are bad!!!! Oppps it was Carries' idea???? ..she's done this already???..Carrie!!! ( I know ya'll are kiddin') LOL..wish I had the nerve to find some way to distract her..lol...Im just a plump...meek.. no confrontational type of person (unless you push my buttons one too many times..Whooo then Loook out!!!...lol)..but she really pushed me today!!..LOL
    Miss jolana you shoulda been here to tell her like it is..then Im SURE she would have shared!!!!! I swear had I said something..she "probably" would have shared out of guilt???!!!!...
    P.S...Carrie..I must NEED some of YOUR secrets!!.LOL
    Dena

• ltcollins1949
    16 years ago

That happened at our Lowe's too. A friend went there because she heard the lilies were only a $1.00. She was looking for them, and they were ALL on a flat, tucked away with a sign that they all had been sold. She figured a developer bought them for landscaping. She wasn't very happy about it.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Dena, I have a funny story for you about an incident that happened at Walmart's a few days ago. I went in for something else, but of course I had to go through the gardening area to get there, and right there in front of me was a rack of hanging baskets that caught my attention.
    I selected two, put them in my cart, and a lady came running down one of the isles screaming at me that she had been "looking" at those. I told her I was sorry, but I wanted these two and she should have put them in her basket. While she was arguing with me, another lady came along, put the other two in her basket and headed for the cash register. This really angered the first lady and she ran after the lady that took the last two screaming "you will share those with me", and the lady screamed back "NO, I WILL NOT", and continued to the check out. I thought there was going to be a big confrontation, but she just continued her mouthing in a very loud voice, and it became very funny --- everyone was looking at her and laughing. Poor lady, hope she found something she liked.,

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

I was waiting for you to tell that story, I still can't believe people can be so stingy and negative and think everyone owes them and they deserve something more than others. If she was interested, she should have put them in her basket. Then because she was still being mean, she lost out completely.
    Don't get it, never will

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Whooo! Hoo! Someone forgot thier meds THAT morning!!!LOL!
    Denaw, your Lowe's is very all very old folks or blind! LOL!PJ

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ROFLMBO!!! Ohh my that is tooo funny carrie. That other lady that took the last 2 probably got home and then thought now what the heck am I gonna do with these things....LOL..it would have been tempting even if I didnt like flowers to grab the last 2 just to pi$$ that women off more and teach her a lesson...
    I ALMOST felt like doing the same thing with that lady at lowes though..LOL!!! Wewwww glad I didn't loose it..
    Dena

• carrie751
    16 years ago

I am just glad I got out of there in one piece as she was much larger than I. I don't have it in me to give in if I think I am in the right. LOL

• roxann3576
    16 years ago

Denise - I think it would have been hilarious to simply push your cart near her's and appear to be eyeing her options and just s l i d e them on into your cart as she chose more and then run, but daring her to say anything.

As for the lady at Walmart - I didn't know you could claim what remained on the shelf! She was a full prima dona! Trying that in this area might get you slapped.

• justintx
    16 years ago

"I don't have it in me to give in if I think I am in the right."

Carrie - I always figured you had a little 'hummer' in you.
    ; - )
    J.D.

• denisew
    16 years ago

Isn't that sad that someone has to take that many when it is obvious that people standing right there also are wanting to get some? That is just not very Christian like to hog all those plants like that. Maybe next time you will be able to get in on some of those deals. Good things come to those who wait, right?

• little_dani
    16 years ago

Where does this person live?

I could bring my possum down and harrass her for you if that would make you feel better.

(Not really, just gonna beat CarolAnn to it this time, before she has a remark or two or four. heheehe.)

Well, it would probably not have been good for me to be there. I would probably have made a big scene, and would have embarrassed the stupid, selfish woman to tears. She deserved it. That is just a quappy way to act.

I wonder if she visits this forum. It would serve her right to hear what people think of her. I wonder if she would even recognize herself. Prolly not...........

Janie