Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

Not ONE Drop of Rain!

melvalena
13 years ago

I'm speaking of N DFW area right up 35E.

What happened to April? That's usually the month I refer to as our Spring Monsoons.

Here we are almost middle of May and still next to nothing here at my place. :(

Years ago we tried camping in April... it rained all the time so we decided to make the first trip the Middle of May. That worked for several years then we started getting really bad storms every year so I swore no more Middle of May trips.

To be honest, the place we camp is getting plenty of rain and storms as usual for this time of year. But here at my house.

Nadda.

We could use a good rain now. Yard re do is finished and the sod could use a nice slow steady all night and half day of rain.

(and so could I)

Comments (14)

• melvalena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

All righty!! We just had about 3 drops of rain!!!! :)

• carrie751
    13 years ago

Same amount at my house, but it IS cooler. JD is getting rain though.

• melvalena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Now I think we've had about 10 drops. :) I left the sprinklers running. It is cooler, and the wind seems to have shifted.

I'm watching that bunch coming up out of SA right now..
    with some luck we may get some of that Carrie!

JD, catch whatever runs off and bring it our way, 'k?

• carrie751
    13 years ago

A deluge since the last post...............and still raining.

• melvalena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yep... Finally got that gully washer! The re grading in the back yard is working perfectly (so far) Water is rushing from the back yard towards the street. We can see one spot in front that needs to be dug out a bit and water will flow even better.

Looks like there's more rain for us on the way. Yeepeee!!

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

Since about 4:00 a.m. Friday we have gotten about 8"

The sun is out now, but "they" say we are due much more this weekend.

Kathy

• carrie751
    13 years ago

That is a lot of rain in a short period of time......much flooding?????

• melvalena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

WOW, that's a lot of rain Kathy. We got about .71 inches and that was a lot to us. :)

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

Yes, a lot of flooding of roads. Two people were rescued and then arrested for going around the barricades.

In Medina County, a tad N/west of here, homes were damaged.

{{gwi:1311708}}

• carrie751
    13 years ago

Hey, Mel, I got over two inches...........what a difference a couple of miles can make, huh???

• melvalena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It seemed more like 2 inches to me, but I was going by what the weather.com thingie said.
    I think it is based further south than we are though. I know I had a LOT of water rushing from the back yard to the front.

• bobbi_p
    13 years ago

2 and a half inches here. 2 inches Friday and half an inch Saturday. Of course, on Saturday we had a couple of showers blowing horizontally, so I'm not sure how much of that made it into the rain gauge!

I thought the water was pooling a bit too much in the back yard and was right: when I went to the front, both the pool and the tile's french drain pop-up reliefs were grown over by grass! Once I cleared them the puddles in the backyard cleared within 10 minutes!

• remuda1
    13 years ago

Sigh.... Mel, I know it's frustrating when we don't get enough rain but I got the garden paths and the backyard mowed (walk behind mower), then started on the area between the house and the pastures.... Mowed there for about 2.5 hours (riding mower). Was hot, sweaty, yucky work. Then when I decided to quit for today, the clouds came in and the rains came on. I love not having to water, I really, really do....But I'm not much for this gloomy stuff.....

Sunny and 70s was so great :)

I'm not griping Mother Nature....I'm really not ;)

Kristi

• melvalena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I know some areas are really getting hit hard over and over.
    Down south they've gone years with out good rain. I'm happy for them to finally be getting some.

We've had one good rain. That's it. In years past it rained most of April and early May up here.

I'd rather have the soft all night and part of a day rain.
    (If MN is willing to give it out like that.)

Kristi, You're quite a gal to do all that walk behind mowing. There's no way I could do that now. When I was younger I did, but not anymore.
    Heck, just cutting up a watermelon and 2 cantaloupes over 2 days has my hand all swollen up!

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH