Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there any real doctors like Dr. Oz?

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 11 at 19:48

One who will listen to your history, consider your symptoms, listen to your thoughts, AND not push drugs first?

And if anyone has a doctor like that in the DAllas area, please let me know!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there any real doctors like Dr. Oz?

Maybe an osteopath? I don't have any personal experiece as a patient, but always thought their approach sounded wise. They are as fully licenced to practice medicine as AMA MDs, but carry the title of DO. I met one that was an ER doctor. This is from the internet:

"DO's practice a "whole person" approach to medicine. Instead of just treating specific symptoms or illnesses, they regard your body as an integrated whole.
Osteopathic physicians focus on preventive healthcare. ...

In today's terms, personal health risks - such as smoking, high blood pressure, excessive cholesterol levels, stress and other lifestyle factors - are evaluated for each individual. In coordination with appropriate medical treatment, the osteopathic physician acts as a teacher to help patients take more responsibility for their own well-being and change unhealthy patterns. ...

Today osteopathic physicians continue to be on the cutting edge of modern medicine. DO's are able to combine today's awesome medical technology with the tools of their ears, to listen carefully to their patients; their eyes, to see their patients as whole persons; and their hands, to diagnose and treat injury and illness."

Here is a link that might be useful: About Osteopathic Medicine ...

o
RE: Are there any real doctors like Dr. Oz?

My current doctor is a DO. I like him, and like that he agrees with me on a natural approach whenever possible, but his office doesn't have a lab and they misdiagnosed me the last time I was in. My obgyn was dumbfounded that they didn't catch it, AND, the nurse at the DO's office chewed me out because I questioned the diagnosis. So, the hunt is on for a new Dr.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here