Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

PJ, isn't your marathon coming up soon?

sally2_gw
16 years ago

Hey, PJ, I think of you every time I go walking/jogging, and the other day I was thinking that I saw where your run is in May. Is that so? I won't be able to be there to cheer you on, but I'll be cheering you from where I am.

Go PJ, Go Pj, run PJ, run! You can do it!

Sally

Comments (15)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Yep! On the 20th of May! I'm so glad I decided to do this. It will be nice to get back to doing my regular routine when this is over tho. Marathons are time consuming! Never even thought about that part. It's really a great feeling to be a part of something so spiritual in nature(can't explain it any other way). I probably wont do another one but if I was a runner I probably would on a fairly regular basis. PJ

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

PJ, where is it supposed to be?

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, I definately won't be able to be there. That's the day my DD is graduating, and I'll be in Boston. As we're running around Boston, I'll think of you running your heart out!

Sally

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Yup. By that time, we should be in the low nineties. Ideal for running.....yessir.

Pardon me while I go into the air conditioning.

There was still snow in the mountains of NM, last week. (smile) That's more my kinda place.

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Poor PJ, I wish it wasn't going to be so hot. Maybe I could stand on the sidelines and pour water on your when you run by.

Would that help?

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Naw, I'll be run/walking in heat like that! Whohooooo!
    Actually the runner DO pour water on themselves. I've seen it in pictures. Last thing I'd want is wet shoes myself. I just trot along and drink lots of Gatorade.
    It's the north trails Dallas 1/2 marathon. I figure with Dallas' reputation I'll be lucky not to get run over or mugged! LOL!PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Those runnin things have more people around than a department store. You should be fine, except for the heat and dehydration.

Your training runs are likely way more dangerous than the actual event.

Just practice your Savate, along the way, and discourage any observers from messing with you.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

That's it!!I'll do Katas in the middle of the race! LOL! I had to look up "Savate"! You don't hear that too often around kick boxers. Most insist on using feet and hands! PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Well....feet and hands ends up being more karate......savate looks more menacing, just because you only kick from the front.

After all......it is half psyching out the perv in the first place.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I miss read the info on it. They only use the front of the foot and hit open handed. It beat out American kickboxing.
    Don't know if it beat out Muy Thai. Muy Thai is shins,knees,forarm and elbow. MT is also open handed or fists and feet. My last instructor told me my biggest weakness is Ju Jitsu stuff. I HATE groundwork! I'm inevitably the only female in the darn class...or the girl I'm up against is bitty and shy.
    My "secret weapon"? I look like a librarian. Glasses and all. By the time whomever figures out I know how to fight it's all ready over. PJ

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Okay, now I want to try to go for sure, LOL
    PJ, is DH taking pics of the event?

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

He'll get me for the before and after. He's got babysitting duties to attend! PJ

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

Getting close PJ! Just wanted to wish you good luck and good weather again while I'm thinking about it.
    May 20:
    *writing "PJ wins marathon!" on our calendar

=D

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Thanks TorB. I'll just be happy to finish it!!! The generosity/love/encouragement from so many people(especially here!) touched my heart and amazed me enough to feel like I all ready won. Thank you all so much!!!
    The race is on Sunday. After that I have this marathon to look back on in my old age. I'll be sure and totally exaggerate for the grandkid's sake! LOL!PJ

• janet_w
    16 years ago

Hi PJ,
    Sorry I can't be there to cheer you on but I will be thinking of you from here. Post pics when you can. Regardless what place you finish, remember you're still a winner you've already defeated the challenge by taking it on. Way to go PJÂ.
    Janet

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor