pjtexgirl

Carol! You OK???

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

I heard the storm tore Joshua up something awful! PJ

Comments (14)

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Carol...check in..I didn't know until PJ posted this that the storm hit your area!!
    Thanks PJ for posting this and letting all of us know...
    Dena

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I watched the news tonight for reports on Joshua, and there were none. So, Carol Ann, please report in to us that you are okay.

• melvalena
    17 years ago

I wonder if she's one of the ones' with out power?

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Oh you guys are so sweet to think about me.

The sirens went off and there was a tornado on two sides of Joshua but nothing happened in my area and I'm doing great.

My plants were blowing all over the place....now that was scary! LOL

I was worried about PJ, Bev and Pam. They had some tornados in their areas. I didn't know who to pray for first.
    Are you guys okay?

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

phweee, glad y'all are ok.

• bev1951
    17 years ago

Whoosh, maybe now we can have some calm weather for awhile. Here it's beautiful, sunny, & warm. Guess it's time to pull some of the weeds all this rain has grown. bev

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I always think of PJ, since the storms seem to always come up through Benbrook. Glad everyone seems to be okay.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

MN decided we needed a break. I got high winds but not enough to tear anything up! We lost power a couple times but nothing big at all. I was worried about Carolann. I heard the local hospital had trees blown on top of it on the radio! PJ

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

I have to admit, I even got a bit nervous last night. Our old house was a nice sturdy brick home with a big laundry room...here I'm in a mobile home. Actually for all the wind and rain, I never felt the house move at all, just lawn furniture hitting the outside walls gave me a start. No real damage here, but a tree blew across the road to our house.

We had the Master Gardener tour of the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens today, there was a lot of damage there, huge trees and branches down. I'm ready for some mellower weather.

Pam

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Pam,I'm so glad it wasn't a tree in your yard. I can't imaging a branch coming through the roof of my house. I'm ready for some mellow weather too. Today is really nice come to think of it.PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Pam, I'm so glad you are okay, I don't like storms either

Bev and PJ, I agree, mellow weather.

Hi PPB
    jolana

• Bev__
    17 years ago

We're fine. I spent 1/2 the day cleaning up debris. My neighbor lost a lot of shingles. Most of them were all over my yard along with some tree branches an lots of leaves.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Did you give em their shingles back like a good girl? :^)
    I'm sorry about the damage but haven't heard about anyone getting seriously injured. I'm thankful for that.PJ

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

OMG, the neighbor behind us had a huge tree fall over in their backyard. It mostly missed their garage, and thankfully fell NOT on our property, since we were *out of power* for *five days* last time. whew.