Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

I am home!

natvtxn
17 years ago

But very weak and trying real hard to eat, but everything tastes awful. I am skin and bones. I lost 25 lbs.

But I am now 5'9". Before the surgery I was 5'61/2". My spine was 90 degrees and is now 55 degrees. Amazing!

I am taking no pain meds.

hugs

K

Comments (14)

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Oh Boy!!!
    It's so nice to have you back. Now our family is complete.

I bet you're glad it's all over with now.
    Take it easy and post when you can.

Gentle Hugs, Carol (I don't want to hurt your back)

• sjv78736
    17 years ago

kathy -
    so glad to hear you are home and on the mend!
    jo

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Welcome home!
    It's so good to have you here again - we've missed you!

Glad the surgery accomplished its goal. You'll feel so much better when Blue Bell starts tasting right.

~ Jac

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Kathy,
    That is great news...I bet you are happy to be home too. I hope you find something tasty to eat now that you are home. Rest, rest and more rest.

Pam

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Welcome Home Kathy,
    Bless your heart it's been a rough road recovering. I hope all is going good and you'll get back out in your beloved garden soon and it will be painless to garden now.
    Hug's, Barb

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It is good to be home.
    When I came to in ICU and was on a resporator I almost had a heart attack. My neighbor, a nurse there, had come up to check on me. Later she said she felt so sorry for me, as she could see the fear in my eyes.
    They kept telling me it was temp. But boy was I scared! I thought I had had a stroke or something.

The hole in my back (from the staph) is finally getting smaller. Very scary stuff.

Thanks for all the love and hugs.

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Welcome Home Kathy!!!
    Hmmm 5'6 1/2" to 5'9"...I could use another 3 inches!!!
    Really glad your home, and food always taste better when you get home!!!
    Keep resting and healing!!! and DO NOT OVER-DO it when you THINK you are feeling better..baby steps!!!
    That staff is horrible..but sooo glad to hear they have it under control and its healing well!!
    Welcome Back!!!
    Dena

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm so glad you're on the mend! You are still in my prayers.PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I'm glad you're home too. Now the real healing will begin.

What Denaw said...I'm 5'2, I could certainly use some more inches (taller, not around!)

Good, good news.

Sally

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

So glad you're home! We've missed you oodles. I kept checking the posts on your progress and hoping you were recovering well. I need to see if I can't sneak in a daytrip over that way sometime this summer.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Kathy, we love you and so happy you are on the road to recovery

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

Glad to read you are on the mend!! And taller too, all 5'4" of me are JEALOUS!! :o)

• stitches216
    17 years ago

On behalf of all the guys who have not chimed in here (and I do mean guys, as in males), it's great to know you're home - prayers answered, and prayers continuing for your complete recovery and excellent long-term health! You and so many of your friends who post here make this our (DW's and my) favorite forum at one of our favorite sites! And let me tell you, "we" are PICKY!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

So Kathy, how are you feeling? Has your appetite picked up since you got home?

Pam