Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little trip

Posted by prairiepaintbrush RedOak, TX z7/8 (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 07 at 23:15

I'm taking a little trip from Ft. Worth to near the Woodlands tomorrow and coming back Thurs. Planning to go I35 to Waco and then taking 6. Never gone that way (that I can remember) Hope there are good flowers!!! Send me good wildflower vibes and sparse traffic vibes! :) Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little trip

Julie, If you get off on 290 you could stop by here and then follow it almost to the Woodlands. That is where my oldest DD lives
If you don't tho I will still send good wildflower vibes, LOL

o

I'll send them too. While your out send me butterfly vibes! PJ

o

I ended up taking 35 to 6 to 105 to something. Worked great! I saw obedient plant (I think - didn't stop, I can't believe it!) meadow pinks and something tall and blue that might have been a salvia. I can't believe I didin't stop hardly at all. *pout*

Can anyone let me know when the meadow pinks seeds start to ripen so I can drive down there and get some?

o

I can tell you! You can look for me doing the same thing! When things get dry around June or so. They are much harder to identify dry BTW. PJ

o

PJ, ***dadgumit*** that is just what I was thinking! I can find the seeds if I can watch the plant, but something so far away, I don't know if I will be able to identify it. DARN.

Someone south of me and PJ, ya'll gots to hep us find meadow pinks later on, okay???

PJ, I found something that had a single blue flower and the flowers crawled up the stalk like say a guara, you know? And the seeds are finer than frog feathers, like a mountain pink. You know what that might be? I couldn't ID it. I only got seeds offa one plant and they got mixed up with other stuff. (which always happens, alas)

o

I hear you! Is the plant or another on this site?PJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Native American Seed

o

It wasn't a sage, it was just a single little blue flower. Perhaps I hallucinated it.

o

Was it a Blue star? These are much bluer than this pick when I've seen them BTW.

Here is a link that might be useful: blue star

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here