Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

New update on Kathy (natvtxn)

jolanaweb
17 years ago

Okay, the reason I couldn't get her is because she's back in the hospital. Her back is great she said but she developed a staph infection where they removed her rib and it was very painful and she was very sick.

Tomorrow she will be going back to Rehab.

She said to tell everyone *hi* and thanks for the thughts and prayers

jolana

Comments (21)

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Bless her heart, I hope it clears up and she'll be better than ever. Thanl you for keep us in touch

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

I sure hope she is feeling better soon.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

D*mn it! That really sucks. Poor Kathy!!! She's still in my prayers. Thanks from me too for letting us know.PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

How frustrating and painful for her. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Sally

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Thanks for the update, Jolana.
    Surely she will heal quickly now, she certainly has lots of people senting up reminders on her behalf!

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Wow...you know I work in the medical insurance industry, paying medical claims, and boy have we seen a rise in staph...Its scary...its a bad infection...
    I am really praying that she will recover very soon...
    Dena

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Poor little Kathy. I hope she gets well soon.

It's too bad about the infection.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way Kathy.
    ~Carol

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

Oh my, best wishes to her!! But since she is going back to rehab, she must be on the mend. Hopefully, she'll be back on her feet and posting again in no time at all.

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Gosh, that sounds terrible. I will keep her in my prayers, and I hope that she will be coming back down to the coast to visit after she gets well.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Linda, where in the world have you been?????

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Hiding! I was going to ask the same thing but didn't wanna scare her off with a "where have you been young lady" speech.PJ

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Hey Y'all!

HA! Well, now don't get jealous, but I've been visiting my daughter and granddaughter in O'ahu, Hawaii. My SIL is stationed there with the Army and is in Thailand for the month of May, so I said, "Hey, I'm going to Hawaii! Bye DH! Take good care of all the kids (a/k/a dogs & cats)!"

OMG you just can't believe all that plants that grow wild out there. BEAUTIFUL! Truly a plant lovers paradise! I said forget about the tourist traps, and so we drove around and went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation (OK, it is a tourist trap, but a neat one with all kinds of plants.), and then we went to the Waimea Valley Audubon Center on the North Shore. Incredible. Amazing. Gorgeous. And at the end of the trail there is the Waimea Falls that flows into a beautiful pool.

And on-post, where my kids live, many of the housing units are vacant, but with great plants growing all around them. So I made good use of my walking-the-dog times to get a bunch of clippings for my daughter. One time I cut 4 huge bird-of-paradise flowers for her with some of the large green leaves and put them in a large vase for her dining room table. I got cuttings of plumerias, mother-in-law tongues, aloes, ferns, and others that I don't know the names of, but they are pretty. And right outside her door she has a huge mango tree hanging with lots of fruit, an avocado tree that they got fruit from all winter, and a couple of large jacaranda trees all in bloom. They really smelled great.

So I'm trying to get my DH to agree to head to Hawaii for turkey day! Booking in advance gives you some really good flight rates, and staying with the kids is an extra added bonus. Especially since my little granddaughter just turned one in March.

Aloha!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Well, I'm jealous. What a fun place to go. It would be hard to come home to my plants after seeing Hawaii though.lol

When Jolana came down I was telling her that I noticed that you hadn't posted in a long time and wondered where you were.

I figured you were just lurking.

Now I want to make my DH take me there.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm jealous and you're grounded and your punishment is ...you have to take me to Hawaii, lol
    It sounds like you had a great time, nothing too much better than being with your kiddos and getting to see pretty flowers, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, maybe if we save our money, cash in our coke bottles and s&h green stamps then we can go.

WHAAAA....I wanna go.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG, S&H Green Stamps??? Wow, how I loved them!!!!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I loved them too. That's how I got all my sheets when I first got married.

I'm really telling my age now.

Of course I was a child bride. hehehe

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Uh, yeah, me too,lol

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I used to take my moms stamps and stick them to the back wall of my closet. Don't ask me why I have no clue.I remember her having to get way back in my closet looking for my shoes and saying,"Oh! THAT's where they are!!!" PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

PJ, you were a brat way back then. lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Good to hear that Kathy is doing better. I hope she is back to adding her two cents worth by the time I get back.