Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiepaintbrush

Please say a little prayer for Ernie

prairiepaintbrush
16 years ago

Little gray kitty named Ernie had to spend the night at the vet last night due to a 105 point something fever. Got the fever down and took him home, whereupon he started yowling as if in pain. So he's back at the vet. I think he's blocked in his colon or intestine. We'll see. If you could think a healthy kitty thought or say a little prayer for him, I would really appreciate it. Thank you. He's a sweet little boy.

Comments (32)

• little_dani
    16 years ago

Thinking healthy kitty thoughts for Earnie. I hope he gets better quickly.

Janie

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

Ahhh...I love my furbabies...
    Thinking GREAT thoughts..and saying Long prayers for your Kitty.......
    Let us know how he is...
    Praying hard and long here!
    Dena

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

I will pray lil Ernie gets better soon

• remuda1
    16 years ago

It's SO tough when they are not feeling good. Hope everything goes well and he's back wrapping himself around your ankles and purring soon.

Kristi

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Oh poor little Ernie. I'll add a little prayer for him to my list.

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you. One more night at the vet's. I've been rather fraught today. I hope all is resolved tomorrow. *sigh*

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Positive thoughts for Ernie, PPB, and a prayer as well.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I prayed just now! PJ

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

How is Ernie doing?

Pam

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! He's home and doing well. :) He still has to take 4 pills twice a day, but I think he's on the mend. Thank you all so much.

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

How could you not love a kitty named Ernie, too cute. Glad he is better.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

What was wrong???PJ

• remuda1
    16 years ago

Glad to hear he's better Julie :). Hope he's not giving you too much trouble getting those pills down. They can be a handful for that.

Kristi

• denisew
    16 years ago

I am glad to hear Ernie is doing better. Did they do x-rays to see if something was blocked? What are the meds for? I know it isn't fun trying to stuff that many pills down a cat's throat. I hope you have one of those pill shooters for that so you don't get bit.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

I'm so glad he is better and home. I'm sure you are better now too
    jolana

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, *sigh*, he's not all that better as it turns out. I went and got him pills to encourage him to eat today. He had a 'fever of unknown origin' and now he's having gastro problems. I don't know if it's from all the anti-biotics or if there is really a problem. I'm pretty stressed over him. Poor baby. I hate when they feel bad. He's never been sick before, just happy and easy-going.

More prayers would be appreciated. I could use some too, if you would be so kind. ;) I can NOT imagine having human children!!! Worrying has to be the most depleting thing in the world.

• remuda1
    16 years ago

Oh Julie, I am so sorry. I do know that antibiotics can give them loose bowel movements....but don't know about loss of appetite.

"Worrying has to be the most depleting thing in the world."

Amen to that sister. I hope he starts feeling better soon. Do keep us posted on his progress. You're both in my prayers.

Kristi

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I wish they could figure out what's wrong! Said another prayer! PJ

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

I'm sending prayers for both of you.

Pam

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks ya'll. I guess I'll call the vet tomorrow about him having loose stool and red, sore a-hole. Poor little thing. He's taking so many pills already. I just put some aloe on it, so maybe that will help - until the next trip to the litter box.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

PPB, you might not want the humour, but you could try chap stick. I hope it's just the antibiotics causing the stomach upset.

Here is a link that might be useful: Why My Lips Stayed Chapped on Mother's Day

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

(((PPB))), more prayers coming this way, I expected to read this and hear the baby was all well

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

Ahhh I did too, expect to hear how happy the baby was...I am so sorry!!
    Prayers are heading your way from my house...
    Dena

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

PPB,
    I apologize for making that joke, it was thoughtless. How is Ernie doing?

Pam

• denisew
    16 years ago

A few years ago I had to put my cat on antibiotics due to an animal bite when she accidentally slipped out of the house. They caused her to stop eating and she wasn't doing well - even lost some weight. I took her back to the vet and he started to feed her Fancy Feast. She really liked that cat food and started to feel better. I brought her back home and continued to feed her the Fancy Feast in addition to her dry Iams cat food and she continued to get better.

I hope your vet can help Ernie get better. I know how hard it is when they're sick and they can't tell you what is wrong.

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi all, Ernie is finally better! PK, no offense taken at all, that was funny! I wanted to wait before posting to be sure he really was finally on the mend. I had the vet give me some appetite enhancer pills, and boy did they work! I only had to give him one and then one half and he was back to eating.

Now he's spoiled rotten with my mother giving him tuna all the time. He gazes up at her in the kitchen and squeeks his little meow and she is supposed to give him tuna. I told her only one time a week, he doesn't ***NEED*** tuna. heh heh

Upon getting well from the first thing, he promptly got a sneeze, but that doesn't bother me and he's about over it. I also got sick and have gone through two bottles of cough syrup.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and comments and good thoughts, I really really appreciate it!

Julie

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

Yay! Glad Ernie is better. lol@kitty Grandmom spoiling him.

=)

• remuda1
    16 years ago

Good for Ernie and good for you! You just caught a *sympathy* cold ;).

Kristi

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

I feel so much better knowing he's ok. Are you feeling better now?

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

PK, thank you, I am better but still honking like a seal. arg.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Yeah - way to go, Ernie - now, you get better!!!!!

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Great news