Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

Is everyone OK?

pjtexgirl
16 years ago

I heard parts along Granbury lake were being evacuated! Anyone from that area please check in!!!!!!

Comments (20)

• remuda1
    16 years ago

Hi PJ, We're on high ground here at my place, so we're okay. Here's what I posted on the "Rain" thread on the discussions forum yesterday evening after Bob and I had tried to get into Granbury from our house:

"The intersection of Hwy 51 (We're just off of 51) and Peak Rd was shut down with 3 feet of water over the road. This is between were we live and town. We drove out to Tolar to try to get to Granbury and there was a 50 yard stretch of road that was 3-4 deep at the deepest parts. The ditches beside 51 were a sight to behold. Lots of white water and flooded pastures. Looks like it's about to finally quit raining but we got a total of 4 1/4 inches today with 3 3/4 inches coming within 1 3/4 hours.
    Amazing."

I know the area that had to be evacuated and will need to check on a couple of our clients and some MG friends today. Pam lives off of Peak Rd., but up higher on the Peak. I'm not sure, but feel confident that she didn't have any flooding at her place. Bev is on the lake but I am pretty sure her place should be okay. I'll stay optimistic for them unless we hear different. Thanks for the concern and pray that we don't have another day out here like we did yesterday.

I think Benbrook got a lot of water yesterday too, how's the lake situation there?

Kristi

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

I'm fine, but concerned about Bev. Do you think it's too early to call her? Kristi, what area was it in Lake Granbury that flooded?

Pam

• remuda1
    16 years ago

Bev usually sleeps quite late....It was Lake Granbury Harbor that flooded but it's not an area that's directly on the lake. They do a good job out here keeping the lake level from getting too high though.

Kristi

• denisew
    16 years ago

Yeah, I was thinking about all of you who live over in that part of the state when I saw on the news this morning about that area in Granbury that was evacuated. I hope everyone is okay. And to think that last year at this time we were praying for rain. Well, I guess we're getting it now.

• melvalena
    16 years ago

Any word from Bev yet?

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Benbrook is getting rain but I haven't seen flooding (haven't checked everywhere either!) Hope Bev checks in soon! PJ

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

don't know her provider - but - my friends hubby is a supervisor for Charter and they are having outages all over!

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

It's just raining here but no flooding.

I emailed Bev but haven't heard back.

I think her house is full of relatives that came down to visit.

Bev lives on lake Granbury and it's a constant level lake but they have to open the dam to let water out and it floods the rivers.

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

We're all okay, but my kitty had to wade thru 3 inches of water! Oh dear! heheheh

• beachplant
    16 years ago

Glad to hear everyone is OK. We are still waiting on rain here. Better watch out though huh? Be careful what you wish for. We've only had rain one day this month. Tally HO!

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Tally, you can have some of ours.......Please!

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

Yeah Tally, wouldn't you know. I watered yesterday, then it finally rained today.
    Jim

• beachplant
    16 years ago

Rain on Sunday! FIVE inches! AND it's raining today! YEAH! Thanks everyone. Jim, did ya'll get some too?
    Tally HO!

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

Not really. How much time do you have?

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

Yeah Tally. We got about 5" Sun., and nearly 3" today.
    Jim

• melvalena
    16 years ago

OK Someone needs to tell Bev she is not allowed to be absent from the forum this long.

Serious illness, however is excusable if she lets someone know what's going on. :)

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Yeah, Bev --- CHECK IN !!!!!!!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

Bev posted on another thread...she has lots of grandkids in the house and not too much time to post. I'll try to find the post, but it was just a few days ago.

Pam

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Thanks, Pam !!!!

• Bev__
    16 years ago

SO SORRY!!! Thankyou for thinking about me...makes me feel good to know you care!

I have been really busy with a housefull of kids, grandkids & friends. The last bunch left yesterday and I'm exhausted. My yard & house are a mess. Three weeks of that many houseguests is too long. I'm setting a 20 person & a 2 week limit from now on.
    We had a wonderful time, even with all the rain & rain & more rain. Lots of breaks to play in & on the lake.
    MY new slot machines were a hit with everyone and we had lots of other inside games & crafts to play with too.
    We also ate a lot! Really a lot!

We had to have our 2 septic tanks pumped out because they were filled with seeping water with no where to go.
    Thats OK now.
    The lake level varied constantly, but never went over the docks. Our sea wall is a few inches higher than the docks, then we have an 8' wide cement walkway all across the waterfront, then a 3-4' high retaining wall and a 3-4' incline in the yard to the house. If we flood downtown Granbury is gone too.
    The lot we have down the block flooded and became a lake, now we know we need to get some fill in there before we build on it. Many of the older homes in our neighborhood have had continued water problems, but no major flooding.

It makes me angry that as high as we are, we still have to pay $488 a year for flood ins and most the folks that did flood don't have to have it. On the maps from 1979 (the most current)we are in a 100 year flood plain, so the mortgage company requires we pay for flood ins.

My tomato plants are in rough shape, but producing. I'm cooking and freezing every other day.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH