Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pkponder2

Prayers for my MIL please

PKponder TX Z7B
17 years ago

On Monday, my 80 something year old MIL was out for her walk when she stepped on a twig and attempted to move her foot off of the twig by twisting it, which broke her hip. She fell onto the street when the hip broke, resulting in 5 stitches and a nasty bump on her head in addition to the broken hip. She is having surgery to insert or implant a rod to hold her hip this afternoon. Fortunately, all she remembers is stepping on the twig, then waking up in the ambulance. Her name is Maggie and she could use any extra prayers for a safe recovery.

Pam

Comments (19)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Oh my Pam, she will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Poor thing. I wish it was easier to get older.

My MIL fell in Bealls a while back and broke her nose and her little face was puffy and bruised for a long while

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry that happened to her. How painful and frustrating. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sally

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

Lots of prayers coming her way!! But I bet she will recover quickly and be good as new again soon.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I am praying for a speedy recovery! PJ

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

I hear that is so painful...
    My prayers are with her and your family!!!
    Dena

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for all your prayers. Maggie came through the surgery well and is resting comfortably right now.

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Thanks for the update Pam - great to know she's past surgery - now for more prayers for Maggie!

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

((((((((((Pam)))))))))
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Your poor MIL that is awful to go through so much.
    Barb

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Pam, I am so sorry to hear of this - she definitely will be in my prayers.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I'll be praying for her.

Carol

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm happy to say that she has been moved to a rehab room. Dad is so disappointed that she will be at Harris Methodist for 4-6 weeks. I was really worried that she would come home and stubborn Dad would refuse home health care or something. The docs have just taken that decision out of his hands.

She's in good spirits and told my FIL to 'go play golf, you grumpy old man!'
    She would never say that without Demerol! She's feeling better every day and actually walked a bit over the past 2 days.

Pam

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

YEA!!!
    Oh sooo thankful Pam!!!...My prayers are still there for her and your family....
    I love her spirit!!!
    I tell my DH that all the time...and I don't even need demerol!!..LOL
    Dena

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

That's great news. It's good she has a sense of humor, even if it is demerol enhanced.

Sally

• carrie751
    17 years ago

What a wonderful attitude - she will definitely improve with that frame of mind. Glad things are going well.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I am glad to hear she is doing so well. Staying in rehab is tough. They really make you do the therapies. I had days I wanted to slap them.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

LOL! She'll be just fine if she keeps up that attitude! PJ

• kateyes
    17 years ago

Pam - prayers for your MIL and the rest of your family; remember you're in His hands!

My grandmother broke her hip at age 88 and had surgery. She got out of the bed the next day and was walking down the hospital hallway before the nurses noticed she was missing! I was freaking out! But she was always a very "strong-willed" woman! She's my "Shero"!! Anyway, she stayed here on earth with us until close to her 95th birthday. I hope I'm half the woman, grandmother, and role model she was to us!!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

She's in good spirits and told my FIL to 'go play golf, you grumpy old man!'

Hehehe, hip surgery won't keep her down, lol

That is great news

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Glad to hear she is doing so well. Bet the look on your father-in-law's face was priceless!