Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrie751

Anyone get damage from last night's storms????

carrie751
16 years ago

WOW, what an elecrical storm, and lots of rain and wind also. It blew one of our gutters down, but all my plants seem to have survived just fine. I hope no one had damage at their house.

Comments (11)

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

Few cannas kinda beat-up but all is well here! Less than 5miles down the main road a mobile home park flooded and a 4yr old lil girl drowned...so sad!
    ~Angie~

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

What storms?

Sally

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

Where's Barb?

She lives in/near Trophy Club, where there was a lot of damage.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am not far from Barb, Sylvia, but I haven't heard from her since the storms.

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Hey all, Thanks for thinking of me. Me and DH are fine but our town did get damage. Channel 5 news cast was out here taking pictures so it might be on the news this evening.
    Our ballpark was wiped out and they will have to rebuild it, the bridge that goes across the creek was up lifted, they were trying to repair the bridge but I don't think they're doing a good job of it. They're only taking a big backhoe thing and trying to get the cement road to go back down? I'm not willing to drive on it till it's fixed right.
    Some of the neighbors around have water damage to the inside of their homes.
    Anyone that's looking to buy a home remember to never get a home that sits lower than other homes. Our house sits up on a small hill but the homes below get all our run off and it's not good.
    It is very sad about the little girl, I saw it on the news this morning that she was swept out of her mothers arms. I'm sure she needs prayers to cope with the loss of her baby. Nothing else in the world can be worse than losing a loved one.
    Barb

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

I didn't have the tv on so I didn't even know about the storms.
    I'm glad you guys are alright.
    That's terrible about the 4 year old.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

How awful for that poor mom!!! We got rain and some lighting but the storm must have missed us or I slept through it.PJ

• melvalena
    16 years ago

Lots of rain and it looks like some wind too.
    Only damage that I've found is the leaves on one 1/2 of a brug are missing. :)

Hope everyone else is ok. I didn't realize how bad some people had until I saw things on the Drudge Report.

(I don't watch TV news anymore unless something really BIG is going down)

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

I guess I didn't know about the storms, either. We had just some quiet rain on Sunday, but certainly nothing to cause flooding. It's so odd how just a few miles make such a difference.

I just finished watching the news tonight and saw what happened. How very sad for all concerned, especially that family that lost the child.

Sally

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

The storms hit here about 1am (my hubby works night so we are all night owls during the summer) Our yard drops almost 4 ft from our back door to the fence line and by 2-2:30 our yard at the fence was 2-3 ft underwater!
    Haltom city just keeps getting the brunt of things latley -they suffered a tonado a few weeks back during all those other storms.My mom said on the news tonight that the family who lost the 4yr old in last nights storms - ALSO lost another child within the past year (didn't say to what) but I just feel so sorry for them.
    ~Angie~

• vjcamp
    16 years ago

Misc. small damage, thankfully nothing major