Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

Mean emails

jolanaweb
17 years ago

I am tired of getting these emails and each one was bothering me more and more

They have said mean things about me posting B-Days, saying who appointed me *Social Secretary*

Accusing me of being rude and calling forum members names, which I have but not to be mean.

And finally, "There isn't anyone that has perfect family, so wake up and face reality or quit lying"

I really don't believe it is anyone from here because there would have been some sort of signs.

I suspect it is a lurker.

So if you get an email from tjp0648@cox.net.

This was the last addy, they were always different and I sure hope it was only one person, it would break my heart to think there is more than one SICKO on this forum because that's one too many

jolana

Comments (42)

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

Sorry to hear you're getting those. This place wouldn't be the same without you. You're often the first one to hone in on a problem or id and offer the answer!

If others truly feel this way, then they should stop reading the posts at this site.

Not that this helps any, but I do recognize the "@cox.net" as an internet service provider my sister used while living in Clovis, NM. So, it could be someone from our neck of the woods (or at least NE NM or NW TX).

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Ignore that miserable person who is just TRYING to spread their misery.
    Remember what our moms told us when we were kids.......
    Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!
    I enjoy all your posts my friend.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks y'all, I never responded to those emails. Maybe I won't get any more now

As DD has pointed out, that kind of person would never use their real email addy that they use all of the time

LOL, I never thought I had a title on here other than *goober girl* but Social Director sounds pretty cool. So I am announcing my candidacy. All opposed, say I'm a gardening goober, lol

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

Wow, I had no idea you were getting stuff like that. That's just mean.

• wilo
    17 years ago

Social Director is a lot better than most of the things I get called. Maybe you forgot their birthday or something and they have their widdle feewings hurt.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm with wilo(Hahahahhaa! Good one!Thanks for the laugh!)
    Jolana you are one of the sweetest,most beautiful people I have ever had the privilege to meet. I'm actually surprised how many truly cool people are on here. (Maybe the plants have a pheromone or something that mellows people!)You have earned respect and friendship that may make another (bleep!) jealous. They can just kiss my bootie! Hugs,PJ

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

rofl! wilo..sheshhh
    miss jolana you can be goober girl, or social director or anything else you wanna be on here...I think it is just someone who is jealous that you are so kind and we all love ya and you get to visit so much, and your always so sweet, and .... should I go on???...lol
    They are jerks and IF they had any BA**s they would speak up here on the forum where we can all respond to emails like these...
    But why did it take you so long to let us know??..duh!!..
    Jus come on out you mean spirited email freak!!!
    Face the GW'rs...or go away!!! lol!
    Dena

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

P.S.
    And just what did they say about MY PERFECT FAMILY???huh??..Kidding..they actually had the nerve to mention your family in these emails?..
    Im sorry Im just astounded!!!!...and Pi$$ed and just down right irrational about this!!!..I just kept thinking about what you said in your post and .... what da heck is wrong with people in this world today..to hate someone for being happy and a nice person so much that they have to be so fricken nasty..
    Sorry!!! *shaking her head!*
    Dena

• wilo
    17 years ago

Dena. . . . remind me not to ever pi$$ you off. . . . okay?

But I do agree with you.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dena, you need to chill honey, lol

I shouldn't have even posted this. That's why I only told a few people when it started.
    Calm down and feed that bird, lol

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

There was a similar big ole stink on the Kitchen Table several months ago.

Since most of the regulars on the KT are less direct (rowdy?) than we tend to be, they counselled ignoring the problem for a long time.

But the language, accusations, & hateful tone in the emails finally intensified to the point that the person who was being attacked pasted an entire email message to the forum.

Everyone realized out who it was (a regular of long standing who was venomously jealous of her victim)...
    & the harassment stopped.

I'm so sorry, hope it doesn't get to that point here.

but if it does, maybe it'll help to realize that the motive is likely jealousy.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

....& besides, on many conversations or chat forums, there's usually one person who remembers to post birthdays, & maybe that one or another one who posts a "Good Morning" thread, & sometimes there's a "Photo of the Day" or some such post, again, usually posted each day by the same person.

That's the way things work.

That's what gives continuity, sociability, & warmth to a medium that consists of words appearing on a screen.

& I don't think Dena's too over the top at all.

I categorize this type of harassment the same as bullying.

& bullies never stop until they're confronted.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, the next email I get it is getting posted, I cross my heart and promise.
    Dena sent me the *cox* map and there service is widespread.

I think Roadrunner stopped them before but then the email names change

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

: )
    thank you sylvia..and wilo!!
    nananaanaa miss jolana..lol!!!
    Dena

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Jolana,

Sorry to hear about you receiving those mean emails. I can't figure out what is wrong with people that don't have anything better to do with their time than to criticize others. And the ones that start computer viruses, which hurt people and companies that they don't even know, are the worst!

Anyway, I put in a GardenWeb search for "tjp0648@cox.net" and nothing showed up. You know you can block their email which would probably be the best thing to do. Fix it so no email from that account is delivered to your email account.

Also my "second Mom" lives in Georgetown, TX and her provider is cox.net.

Good luck "Social Secretary"!

• zitro_joe
    17 years ago

you missed my birthday, but it wasnt me! I bet it was someone from another forum who is jealous of this friendly, helpful forum.

Joe

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Sounds pretty tame, compared to some I have gotten from other forums.

Forums tend to attract a lot of unsavory characters, especially in some types of forums.

Just ignore them. You are the only one who has remembered my BD for years! (smile) (Not that I care to be reminded of how old I'm getting. Hah.)

• Kriskat30
    17 years ago

Jolana, keep on smiling, you're such a breath of fresh air here and ignore the trolls!

BTW, I'm having a big birthday this summer...and as the new social secretary you are officially in charge of my 40th birthday on July 22! LOLOLOL!!!

(that was sure a cheap way of getting a party arrainged!)

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

Now, I do have to say that if you take the official title of "Social Director" we need to see you in one of those cute outfits like that lady on the "Loveboat." Was her name Julie? ; )

• gabriell_gw
    17 years ago

Sorry to hear of your mean=spirited e-mails.I always enjoy your postings and think highly of you. As far as I am concerned, you are the social director! Keep up the good job. And by the way. I am in Tyler and am a cox user.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG, Bobbi, well at least that will cover me, lol
    Joe, I was probaly sick when you had you B-Day, y'all can dock me for that day
    Kriskat, that's a milestone one, I'll be SURE and plan a BIG one
    Rick, when they first started they were a little worse, just nasty, but that was close to a year ago.
    Yoou should always celebrate your B-Day, we wouldn't know y'all if you weren't born
    Linda, I do block them but then the name changes.
    They don't come everyday, but at least once or twice a month.
    Dena, nanabooboo to you, lol

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Wow, Jolana, I'm sorry you're getting those emails, too! What a sad, sad person to spend their days trying to come up with mean emails to send to people. They need to get a life, big time.

I wonder if the Gardenweb watchdogs have any way of tracking this person down, since they are using the Gardenweb link. Maybe you should report this to them. I have no idea if they could or would do anything about it, but it's worth a shot.

By the way, don't we all have perfect families? ;-)

Sally

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

I think Sally is right, maybe Gardenweb can track them?? I am sure they don't want anyone using the e-mail links to send nasty mails.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It never said it originated at GW, I just figured it was someone from here because of what they said.
    Gabriel, thank you your post wasn't there when I was here last.
    So you are a cox user, eh? LOL
    Did I miss your B-Day??? LOL

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

Well if didn't originate on GW, it must be someone who knows you and has your e-mail addy.

• sjv78736
    17 years ago

jolana - wow! you've been receiving these emails for a yr!? i too am sorry to hear that - i always enjoy your posts. where's gran when you need a pox put on someone? maybe the jerk will read this thread and go away...fingers crossed!
    jo

• janet_w
    17 years ago

Jolana,
    Try to ignore that person and block their emails they are jealous and just have a very nasty mean streak.

All of us here like you and appreciate you very much and one day I will actually get to meet you. Don't let this person bring you down.

Although I don' t celebrate my birthday it's always nice to know when other are having theirs so I can wish them a good wishes for theirs.

I agree with the others I enjoy all your postings as well as everyone else's on here.

Hey Sally As far as perfect families go mine are so far from it that they can't even spell perfect lol.
    Janet

• patsy_b
    17 years ago

Any family with such lovely smiles is a perfect family. All of us that are just lovers of the beauty of man, flowers and animals enjoy the beauty around us. Jolana, you are one of those NICE people that like to spread love and good feelings with your postings. Don't let one of those people that like to spread hurt and uglyness bother you. Keep up the good work as we all (that matter) enjoy all your postings and love.
    Patsy

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

(((((((Jolana))))))) Hope you have a great day. Your a wonderful person.
    Barb

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Y'all are so sweet and I really appreciate it.
    I just got an email from a friend telling me my email is on my page so I'm going to change that.
    That in itself is a shame because I get a lot of emails from new members for help with posting pics or whatever
    Thanks again

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, those people are just idiots with too much time on their hands and they have no life or friends.

They WISH they were you. I just WISH I could get my hands on them but unfortunately they are also COWARDS!!

They need to email you and let theirselves be known.

You're the best thing that ever happened to Gardenweb and those IDIOT COWARDS just wish they had the privilage of being called Goober.

Carol...who hates mean people

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

(sigh...) I can't seem to get this post written without using loads of four-letter words and issuing an invitation for an education to the **** sending those emails.

Jolana, you are an angel and your devotion to others is inspirational. Don't let anyone deter you in your role as social secretary, den mother, or Jiminy Cricket. If someone doesn't love you exactly as you are, they can get to steppin'.

~ Jac

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Ditto....what Jac said!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Remember Jaq and Susan got those a while back.

Hmmmm, where is Susan?

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Madame Secretary (Jolana), I had to speak up here and add that I'm sorry too, that someone would send you mean mail. You are a beloved member of this community. You deserve every kind word spoken here, and only kind words!

(I'm afraid that if I didn't speak up now, I might become a suspect! Now, is that an admission I've sent a mean mail before? You bet! Just never to Jolana or any GWeb member. And never sent one because of...what? Jealousy? By having been offended, without ever explaining, like some mystery pity-pout? I thought I turned mean for weird reasons! But now I feel downright normal!) God bless you Jolana!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Jolana,
    As hard as it probably is, just try to ignore that stupid troll! I tried searching in several reverse lookup sites, but I wasn't able to find them. Possibly this person is creating a harrassment-purposed email addy, then deleting it when things heat up. Hang tough chickie, we love ya.

Pam

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Wow! Jolana, I had not read this before I read the thread to vote for you for Social Secretary. I have 2 email addys for you, but you know how often I get to use them.

I am always amazed at how mean some people can be, and trying to figure out why they would pick you to send nasty emails to is beyond common sense.

I like you, I enjoy your up-beat attitude, even when I am sure it taxes you to be up-beat all the time. You are exactly what we need on the Texas Gardening forum.

I am with Dena, we could whup them. Bring 'em on!

And so you know, I believe my family is perfect in one way or another.......perfect-ly awful sometimes, perfect twits sometimes........but always mine, and that makes them perfect for me.

Victoria also has Cox-net.

Janie

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Jolana, I am shocked and angry that anyone would send you mean emails - I look for your posts because I know they will be uplifting. You stay the same wonderful person you are, and let the cowards take the low road. Anyone who is afraid to use their identity is certainly not worth bothering with (though I know they can be hurtful). We all love you and want you to continue doing just what you have been doing to brighten our days. Thanks, Jolana just fot being you.
    Carrie

• beachplant
    17 years ago

A mystery! We have a goober girl, a social director,now we need a Monk or Jessica or sherlock.

I've had the same e-mail for about 10 years now. And I like ya'll so wouldn't do that. Besides ya'll know I'm a lot more direct than that.

When ya find out who they are we'll have a little garden party for them. The plants can always use a little more bone meal.
    Janie, I think you have my family LOL!!
    Tally HO!

• kateyes
    17 years ago

I just saw this thread...and my jaw is still hanging open...while steam is coming out of my ears!!!
    Sicko is an accurate term for that kind of meanness!!
    A good ol' texas butt-kickin' is needed by that t*rd!!
    Sorry, but that just gets my dander up when someone is obviously "sickly jealously mean"!!!
    I have an ex-DIL that behaves in that manner, which really hurts because of my grandkids. I pray for her (and believe me - that's hard to do!). I ask Him to take the hate and bitterness from her heart, and to open her eyes to the love and friendship she is pushing away.

Just ignore them Jolana - I can't believe it's anyone on this forum. I too bet it's a lurker.

We love ya'!!!

• grittymitts
    17 years ago

Chiming in late...as usual, but this is what might put an permanent halt to the vile meany:

Post the e-nasties here & we'll bombard them with our e-opinions of the high esteem in which you're held. That oughta' torque their jaw.

Suzi

• courtskey83
    17 years ago

I'm chimming in on this kind of late, I haven't visited the Texas forum in a few weeks... but that is just craziness! And to hear that its been going on for almost a year??? What kind of sad sad person would take a year's worth of time to write mean things to someone they don't even know? As much as I empathize with you for having to endure this person, I feel even more pity for this person that obiviously has no life. Hmph!