Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seamommy

Looking for Seamommy?

seamommy
12 years ago

Well I've been around, but since I retired I haven't spent much time on the computer. I retired a little earlier than originally planned, because doctors found a little tumor in my left lung in January. Many of you know that I had kidney cancer back in 2007 and they took out my left kidney. They didn't think that it had metastasized at that time, but now they think it might have. So when they take this thing out of my lung and analyze it they should be able to tell if it's the same or a whole new type of cancer. Either way it's not really slowing me down much, except I do get tired a bit more quickly than usual. So I just take a nap nearly every day and problem solved.

Now I know that the "C" word fills a lot of people with dread and sorrow. But it's not like that for me. For me, for right now it's just another little bump in the road. I worried more back when my daughters were dating than I do about this. I'm getting my treatments at M D Anderson in Houston. It is the premier cancer treatment hospital in the world. I have a whole team of doctors, nurses, surgeon, and liaison persons assigned just for my treatment plan.

I'm still around and expect to stay around for a long time. We're going down to Houston on Monday the 13th and will be back on the 15th and will post here and let you all know how it pans out. For now, I feel pretty good. Cheryl

Comments (10)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler