Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stitches216

Solving several problems at once - enjoy!

stitches216
17 years ago

A friend sent me this today. It was great for starting out the day laughing. If only even just a couple of life's big problems could be solved in such simplistic and complementary fashion!:

------------------

Everyone seems to concentrate on the problems we're having in this country:

Illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, and wild animals attacking humans in Florida.

Not me. I concentrate on solving problems.

The result is a win-win-win situation:

1. Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border

2. Use the dirt to raise the levees in New Orleans

3. Put the Florida alligators in the moat.

Any other problems you would like for me to solve today?

Comments (12)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Hahahahahah!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

That will certainly minimize the problems. (smile) Trouble is....those darn drawbridges.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hey you took my idea for some of my in laws, LOL
    That sounds like a great plan to me and they can turn it into a reality show to finance it, lol

• stitches216
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Forget all the other problem solvers and their solutions. Oh what the heck, forget about all the problems too! I just found the ONE solution to ALL problems (at link).

I say feed it to the gators and the immigrants. But don't stop there. If they'd fed it to the New Orleans people in time, that town would've been so high they'd've been floatin' higher than their levee and Katrina's cloud tops.

Drink for safety! Drink for your health! I'm really on a roll now, so I'd better go post in the Environment forum. They'll be sorry I wasn't as kind as Ann Coulter! WHY can't those people see a SOLUTION when it's IN THEIR FACE?!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Solution

• kateyes
    17 years ago

LOL - Stitches...that's a great solution to the problem!!
    Now, can you help me keep my MIL's cats out of my gardens??!!!! My DH's solutions are not nice (I won't let him harm the cats - I just want to "repel" them). My MIL is the "cat lady" of the block!! She has about 7 roaming around in everyone's yards; I live across the street, and trying to keep the peace, my sanity and my beautiful gardens intact!! Any suggestions? City ordinances won't allow a moat :-)

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

kateyes,
    refer to the 1st post...LOLOL!!
    Dig a moat!!!!...
    Im sorry I had to say that..LOL,,(by the way I Love this post!!!)
    I have many cats wandering around our neighborhood too and the solution to my problems was plain black pepper every nite at first...then I bought those plastic squared prick thinggys that you put in your flower beds and they wont step on them...
    I never heard of any cat being harmed by them and they don't dig or anything else in my beds anymore.
    Dena

• beachplant
    17 years ago

I've got a bottle of tequilla and a shovel. Between margaritas we can dig. We might even find Jimmy Hoffa!

In Louisiana they have more alligators than Florida.
    The major difference? In LA you find pieces of alligators IN cajuns, ya don't find pieces of Cajuns in alligators!
    Tally HO!

• stitches216
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I had my bender a day early. Naw - I just STARTED MY WEEKEND a day early! I can't believe it's almost 6:30 p.m. on Friday and I haven't had a 'rita yet!

Love that Cajun-alligator comment Tally! Funny! (and true) Maybe more Cajuns ought to move to Florida - or be paid to visit there - to deal with THOSE gators...reminds me of that old Mafia saying: "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." In other words, EAT YOUR ENEMIES! (I'm thinking this way because I just wrote a long post about nutsedge, which I'll start eating if it won't leave our yard.)

Kateyes, I'm sorry your MIL's cats are a problem for you. We don't have many cat problems around our place, and I can't figure out why. I like to see a cat around now and then - we don't own any - but they're good for rodent control. You might try getting a whole bunch of pine cones and seasoned (brown, from last year) sweet gum tree balls, and spreading them around in the beds where you want the cats out, on top of the mulch. The spiny things might make it too much of an obstacle course for the cats to want to walk through. Or, if you get just the right size of pet gator...nah, I'll let your DH suggest that! :-)

• kateyes
    17 years ago

Dena,

What square prickly things? I'm ready to try anything! My DH's solution is lead ....if you know what I mean...I think he's joking....I think....

I've tried Cayenne pepper; it works, BUT, I water every other day (lately every day!), so it can get expensive, not to mention exhaustive and time wasting, having to sprinkle that every day over all my gardens - there's a lot!!
    Orange peels do the trick for a bit...but they attract snails which I also am battling... aaagggghhhh!

But hey - what about those Astros?! Looking good the last two nights....and my guy is #7, Craig "all heart" Biggio! 40 years old and still moving!! He's the epitome of a baseball player to me! Loves the game, ya' know?!
    But I will say - Ausmus and/or Lamb would do in a pinch. LOL
    Seriously though, I love baseball...and I love my 'Stros!!

• beachplant
    17 years ago

It's so painful to watch them sometimes though. Baseball I at least grasp the concept of. Hubby is a fan. I actually went to a game last year! A first! Had fun, ate junk, yelled when everyone else did. Biggio is almost as short as me! Tally HO!

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

Loved that Tequila web page.

(didja know they had sugarfree rita mix? I just found it at Target..snort....and I like it with the gold stuff)

My first margarita was made from scratch, and I served it to my DH's boss who was sitting on the sofa. He was a little German man. I turned and went back to the kitchen with the tray, and when I looked over my shoulder, he was on his knees hanging onto the coffeetable and clutching his chest.

My DH has never let me forget that one. In my defense, I followed the recipe on the bottle. Turns out he wasn't supposed to drink because of a medical condition, but he was always the bad boy.

• stitches216
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I like the gold stuff too, and I'm on my way to Target...

I'm with you Kateyes! Hard to imagine the Astros without Biggio. What a steady guy! Hoping a few of those younger players will stick around for a whole career like he has, and excel as steadily. I so wish they'd kept Moises Alou, but then they would not have had room for a couple of the young guys. Here's hoping "Blown Save Brad" gets back to being "Lights Out Lidge!"