• pjtexgirl
    14 years ago

Wow that's an oldie! PJ

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

dh mowed over a 8" high wafer ash seedling a couple of weeks ago - grrr

• bossjim1
    14 years ago

That was a fun time, and it's still funny to read again.
    Jim

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

That's a really funny thread. I'm glad you brought it back since I joined last spring.

I just potted up a dwarf crepe myrtle to save it from the mower. The neighbor's lawn service guy kept running over it with the mower so I put stakes around it. He got out the weed whacker and cut it down anyway. Yes it's our yard, but the neighbors pay to maintain it because they wanted to keep the St. Augustine there.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL, I am glad to hear my DH is not the only guilty one

Someone I know (not DH, lol) has been having trouble with bag worms and sprayed their young oaks. They called me and asked if I could help with the oaks, something had made them turn brown and they looked like they were dying.
    I went over and was shocked to see what they looked like and asked when did they start turning brown. They said 3 or 4 days before. Come to find out they sprayed with weed b gone and not BT, I guess the spouse had changed it or they had 2 sprayers or something.
    I told them the only thing I knew for them to do was strip the leaves and keep flushing.
    I don't know if it will work or not since it wasn't done immediately

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

There seem to always be some folks who fail to either read the directions, or label their mixes.

Makes for some rather ugly blotches in the landscape.

• pjtexgirl
    14 years ago

Rick, I can't believe they did that to your tree. I'd be ticked as all get out. I'd put at least a 4' bed (edged and fenced) around the tree and spray a 6" circle outside of the edging with round up to keep the grass away from it. The round up "ring" would get thier attention and I'd bet they'd quit that. PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

They didn't do it to me. As I read it, they did it to themselves. (smile)

My neighbors all think we are plant crazy, anyway, and they stay away, unless they want advice about something in their own yards. (grin)

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Oh, my, what a laugh this still is ..............

• prairiepaintbrush
    14 years ago

The butterfly cats switched the sprayers.

• denisew
    14 years ago

I really started laughing when I got to the part about "fluffing up the sedum!" :-D

• little_dani
    14 years ago

Oh, dear. I didn't realize it was an old thread, and I posted on it. I should pay more attention.

Sorry.

Janie