Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryisthinking

Social Secretary Election - Vote here

terryisthinking
17 years ago

I've heard we need to make the position official. Anyone want to put in their vote?

Let's see....the person who isn't around usually gets elected.

I'll vote for Jolana while she's out back.

Comments (45)

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Second Jolana for Social Secretary!

• User
    17 years ago

Hmm, I think I'll need some bribes to decide who I'll vote for. Hey Jolana, got any chocolate?? Hehehehehehehehehehehe...

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

LOL. I vote for Jolana, too.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

(Is she back yet?)

(No?)

JOLANA!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana gets my vote.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Y'all are nutsos! LOL! Sure I'll vote for my cat! Just so Jolana will feel like she won against someone else. My cat is always asleep so she wont notice that she didn't win. PJ

• Kriskat30
    17 years ago

LOL PJ!

• wilo
    17 years ago

uhm. . . jolana or pj's cat. . . . hmmmmmmmmm. . . . . that's gonna be a tight race, I can tell!

• stitches216
    17 years ago

It looks unanimous for Jolana, hooray! (Unless there are any hanging chads on the cat's paws, hee-hee)

I move that the winner of this election copy and post the mean mails so that maybe the perp can be "flushed out," with enough eyes reading to figure out who it is.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

I vote for the non-partisan, whomsoever that may be. (smile)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

ROTFLMBO, I get this email from Petra saying "you better check out TXGard, hehehehehe"

TXGlady,what a great chuckle. You could get an email now tho, lol

A cat PJ?????

I'm not giving anyone chocolate to vote for me or anything else, lol

Well I am partisan, I only believe in perfect families (which I have, lol)

So after hearing this and you still want to vote for me I will accept the nomination, lol

For the people that voted without wanting bribes or conditions, lol
    Thank you for your support, lol

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Rap, when I block an email it asks if I want to delete the emails. I hope I don't get anymore but if I do I WIL post them.
    I've been trying to guess the tjp and don't you think o648 is a birthdate? Anyway, I will post them

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Yeah my cat! I didn't wanna hurt any one's feelings and she's just too lazy to care.
    Anybody up to profiling? Seriously, I just read a book with a serial killer/arsonist and they were trying to figure out who it was or what the person looked like etc...by the victims. Jac would probably be better at this but here it goes.They say they attack themselves in other people because of deeply rooted self-hatred.
    All the people she's written to are she's. So I'm guessing it's a woman
    all of these woman are between(or look like) they are between the ages of 30-40.
    Light hair.
    Self hatred can lead to addictive behaviours. I'm guessing an obsessive compulsive disorder. My guess would also involve food. It's common and easy to get.
    Passive/bland personality over intense rage and hatred. I'll bet she could disappear into a crowd of 3.
    Hyper focus on other people and their problems....keeping the focus off her and her mess. I'll bet you can barely walk through her house for all the messes she overlooks concentrating on others.
    Insecure as h*ll obviously. Hoarding. Hopefully it's just stuff and junk not animals.
    If she married I'll bet dollars to donuts he aint very nice either! PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

WOW, WOW and WOW I hope *she* doesn't live near me.

I was thinking them to be closer to my age if in fact the 48 part is a birth year

So this person is miserable and wants company?

Why would this person pick on the me, I try really hard NOT to be miserable. Does she consider me weak?
    In that case why did they pick on Jac, she's one of the strongest people I know

A hoarder? Well if it's plants and they share I will forgive, lol

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Can I ax a little bitty question?

WHAT ON EARTH ARE Y'ALL TALKIN' 'BOUT?

Janie who is trying to avoid murderers today, blond or not.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Janie, lol
    Read the mean emails post, lol

• User
    17 years ago

PJ, you've read too much Kinsey Milhone, hehehehehehehe.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

You missed the spirit of the thing! Geez :^)
    She's a bully. So are serial killers. It's just a matter of degree. Obviously weirder than h*ll too.
    She caught Jac at a vulnerable time.
    Geez how to say this???
    You seem softer on line than you do in person. You strive for kind and diplomatic. In person you can see the steel in your personality. You can afford to have soft words with your personality. Does that make any sense?
    She also caught TorB while she was panic stricken with the move. A real kick em if they're down kind of person. I seriously doubt she'd even stand up for herself in person. PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Okay, I got it, but there's still conflict, what made me vulnerable in *her* eyes? There are tons of people on this forum that are nicer than I am.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

I think I'll cast my vote for Jolana! She exceeds all of the qualities neccesary for a Social Secretary....she's very sociable and organized. Who else takes the time to figure out our birthdays and post them! Heck, I can barely remember my real family's birthdates! Jolana always has something supportive to say to anyone facing difficulties. Let's award Ms Jolana the title of Social Secretary!

Pam

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Done - we have a new Secretary.

Now - what about a Bouncer. Yes, I want a bouncer.

ME ME ME ME

I can take my un-expressed rage out as a bouncer. You'll only see my narrow-set beady eyes before you're outa here.
    And for good measure - I can plant my garden clog where the sun don't shine

Ooops - where'd that come from?

Have a nice day.
    txgardenlady

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I have wondered how you keep track of all the birthdays, Jolana. I know there's a big list of all the GW'ers birthdays, but it's a big, big list. For going to all that trouble, I'd vote for you any day!

You may be onto something, PJ. It does seem that these emails hit when someone's down, and Jolana, didn't you say something recently about being sick for a few days? Could they have picked up on that or something? If that's what they're doing, they are really the sick ones.

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Jolana, you just might be the nicest person. Certainly one of the most social and liked. I have to agree tho. There are a lot of very nice and liked people on here.
    Petra you're probably right. It's better than what my DH calls my "serial killer phase". I read all this stuff on serial killers and could barely sleep at night!
    This book was just a novel but apparently the author had read the same serial killer books I did for her info.
    There are other things that make me sure it's a *she*.
    A guy might make a big deal out of a birthday of the woman he loves cause he likes her and he knows it's important for her. Most guys I know could happily do away with most holidays/birthdays/anniversaries. H*ll, most guys have to have a woman wrap their gifts!Most men actually depend on woman to "keep track of all that".It's just not in their nature. Birthdays etc...don't fall under "provide and protect".She's jealous of your popularity with the other women on this forum. Guys only count the ability to attract the opposite sex.("That b*stard is a babe magnet")Actual "popularity" means nothing to them. A guy like that uses threats and raunch to upset someone. It's a woman. I'm sure of it. Or maybe world's most effeminate guy. HMMM....

• User
    17 years ago

PJ, I don't think Richard Simmons posts on here!!

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

roflmao!!!
    Ohh shseshhh Im not here one day..I come back and I don't get to vote...(I woulda voted jolana too!) and I find we have a female serial emailer around..who kicks ppl when they are down..ROFL!!..
    Whew this was a good read!!!
    Thanks all!!
    Dena

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

"I can take my un-expressed rage out as a bouncer. You'll only see my narrow-set beady eyes before you're outa here.
    And for good measure - I can plant my garden clog where the sun don't shine"

LOL, can you say ME one more time and I'll vote for you, lol
    I don't know, you might be too timid to be a bouncer, lol

It's a good thing clogs are...washable, lol

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

LOL! Does Richard Simmons wear clogs? :^P PJ

• User
    17 years ago

Yes, while he tip-toes through the tulips. :o)

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

(rotflmoa)
    PJ, you know me well enough after spending how many HOURS on the phone! The 'chickie' doesn't have the finesse to be really wicked. Too coarse, unsophisticated, petty. Female is a given, unhappy without a doubt, opportunistic when she believes someone has hit bottom.

Jolana has gone through an extended and serious illness that would give her the impression of being weak. Recurring sickness and family issues enhance that illusion. But true compassion takes an inner strength that many people lack. It isn't just that Jolana has gone through some rough times; she is gorgeous, intelligent, sincere and has maintained her sense of humor.

That's a tough act to follow so our 'chickie' isn't going to try. She's going to get Jolana to doubt herself and the people that participate in TXGW. In short, steal her thunder. The kick in the head is that Jolana doesn't do anything for herself - it's always in the service of others. You can't put a dent in that kind of soul.

Obviously, she has my vote!
    Txgardenlady can be the bouncer if I can bring my camera.
    A Texas version of soccer. She can bounce them around while me and PJ act as goalies, keeping them 'in play'!

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

TGL for Bouncer.

She has the ideal balance of meanness & cordiality:

"...plant my clog where the sun don't shine."
    "Have a nice day."

• wilo
    17 years ago

Wow! What a fun group we are. Can I be Head Cheerleader????

You remember it. . . . say it with me. . . . rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee, rah, rah, rass, kick 'em in. . . . the other knee. . .

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

So we have a social director,a kicker,2 goalies,and a head cheerleader for a very strange game of "TX soccer". Who's gonna ref? LOL!PJ

• stitches216
    17 years ago

I should be bouncer, I'm the roundest one in here, I guarantee. Besides bouncer is more of a guy thing to do...

Jeeperth PJ, you're tho thmart, I can't contheal mythelf anymore! I confeth! I'm roundetht, 'cauth I'm the guy Richard Thimmonth kitthed off, and I've been deprethed ever thinth. Actually, I'm a thurvivor of a Thoviet thub thinking in the Gulf who thought athylum. God Bleth Tekthas and all y'all Tekthanth! You're all "de-meaning" me! THANKTH!!

Janie, don't feel bad, I was getting lost for a minute there too, with PJ - I was starting to think she was profiling her cat!

But wow, I hope the CIA reads in here, 'cause they could use more analysts as good as PJ! She's got it right on the money about guys and birthdays. I'm a good gift-wrapper, but I don't count very high anymore. So I have to be coached to know if the grandkid's birthday is his 7th or 8th or whatever. (At least DW knows I'm not lying when I say I can't remember how old she is. She stays young looking enough that I don't need to count anyway, hee-hee.)

But I won't contend seriously for bouncer if someone else really wants that job. Jolana YOU ARE THE NITHETHT!!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

That's gotta be you, PJ. You're tough enough to keep everybody in line. :-)

Sally

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

PJ, you should be the bouncer. You know karate and have snakes.

I think a cowboy boot would be more effective for planting where the sun don't shine. lol

• little_dani
    17 years ago

I have to say that I think TGL should be bouncer. I have the feeling that she can be tougher than any old mean emailer. Plus, she does not have snakes. (Sorry, no offense, PJ, I am skeered of snakes!) If I should need to approach the bouncer with info, I would be happier if she did not have a snake.

That said, I think PJ should be the one to dance a tattoo on the mean emailer when we catch it. I think she could probably do that very well.

I am probably the roundest one here, but if I bounced over, I would have a tough time righting myself. I can just see me being left to rock back and forth on my tummy, like a perpetual motion machine. LOL

Janie

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well now...I'd let PJ be the bouncer if I could be the treasurer.

What $ay our due$ are $1/po$t?

Ju$t mail it in kiddie$.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

LOL! We're all insane! But a heck of a sense of humor!
    *Sniff* so much for my career finding serial killers. Darn.
    Janie you are a riot! Hehehehehe!
    I can't be a ref and a goalie! How about Sally. She's quiet. You know what they say about quiet people....(the ones you gotta watch!)
    Stiches!Love the lithsp!LOL! You can wrap presents.That's not too shabby! PJ

• wilo
    17 years ago

Hey, if there's gonna be a contest for the roundest. . . . I'm in!

Finally something at which I can excel!

My mom would be sooooooooo proud! sniffle

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Does skinny count for any thing?

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Tall and thin - yep, we need goal (gal) posts!

PJ (((baby girl))) don't sniffle...you'd be a great huntress. As scary as they are in your books, remember they're the stupid ones! The smart ones don't get caught. Then we'd get that whole hunter-hunted cycle going in which the TXGWers would have to jump in the melee on your behalf.
    Jolana would knock the dust off her Teacher's Paddle while Kathy let loose her trained bite dog cleverly disguised as a black dust mop, little Sally would be on their shoulders beating them over the head with large carrots, and TGL would have a big grin on her face saying "You don't want nunna this" as Zitro snaps blackmail photos. The rest of us would act as official witnesses, complete with lawn chairs and buckets of iced tea.

• grittymitts
    17 years ago

I came here to VOTE for Jolana. Reading all this nonsense has me laughing so hard there are tears rolling down my chubby cheeks filling up my wrinkles and my glasses.

There's gotta' be Agents & Publishers looking for the likes of ya'll!

Suzi

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

PJ, you got me pegged. I'm just sitting here quitely watching...heh, heh (evil grin)

Sally

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Hey, I wanna be something.

How about making me the Events Coordinator.

My job description would be to organize group activities.

I'm not tall or skinny and just fat enough to float good in the pool.

First event is to have a pool party for our new Social Secretary.

I'll furnish the pool.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Sounds good to me, Carol Ann - I'll be the attendee !!
    I did not get to cast my vote for Jolana for social secretary- but, what the heck - she didn't even need it - got in by a landslide.