Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiepaintbrush

I just wanted to share

prairiepaintbrush
16 years ago

I do not eat honeybunchesofoats. I am not amused by or interested in commercials for honeybunchesofoats. I'm damned sick and tired of all mention of honeybunchesofoats.

Thanks.

Comments (15)

• terryisthinking
    16 years ago

I am sick of "Starter Wife" commercials. So sick of it, that I didn't watch the show.

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

I agree, I am never buying honeybunchesofoats!

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The next time I hear, "mah husbind tells me ahm HOT!" I'm going to shoot the TV.

• justintx
    16 years ago

dittos
    J.D.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Double "ditto" !!!!
    Carrie

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Thats smokin hot LOL, shoot the TV

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

LOL...PPB, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about that one line.

Pam

• terryisthinking
    16 years ago

It depends on when you watch TV, as to what assails your senses. I haven't seen a HBOO (cereal) commercial in a long time.

I hate those smokin hot bod commercials too. Even when I had one, I wouldn't have said that, even to my husband!

But now there are people who will go naked on TV to get a butt-lift.

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

I can't say I've seen it, either, but I'm usually very, very quick to use the mute button whenever commercials come on. There's a few I'll put the sound back on for, such as the caveman commercials, but 99.9% of commercials are way too loud - expecially car commercials. The ones I hate the most are those awful car/truck commercials with that cowboy's ugly face plastered close up, then it shows him swinging a lariot and dancing around. Those are not only horrible to listen to, they're awful to watch. I've been know to even change channels when those come on. I hate the shouting Kia commercials, too, and the shouting Toyota commercials. I just don't think it's necessary to shout. Of course, I did say I use the mute button as quickly as possible, but it's not always close enough to turn the sound off fast enough. DH thinks I'm sound sensitive. He may be right. DD says her roommates get annoyed when she mutes the commercials. I just don't understand that.

Sally

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

GAwd, I don't know the cowboy car/truck commercials. The stupid cereal commercial was on the computer. Y'know, if they'd put a commercial on once or twice a day and space them out, it wouldn't be so bad. But when you see the same one on every channel at every commercial break, it becomes torture. Stupid ad agencies.

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

TV? What's that? Oh.....yeah, that's the commercial advertising gizmo.

I never watch it. I have no idea which commercials are obnoxious, unless they are on the web......like the ones on here!

• stitches216
    16 years ago

My favorite commercial running currently is the one with the singing yellow Lab puppy, "There may be bugs on some of your mugs, but there ain't no bugs on me!" The combination of that child-like snotty, nanny-nanny-boo-boo voice and the dog's postures...lots of tricks with video editing...make me laugh so hard every time I see it, I am not sure even now what it's advertising - flea collars, I think...I annoyed DW by recording a show, not for the show, but because I knew that commercial was run during the break.

I'm with Sally. I don't get it with cars and furniture - it's like they've figured, the louder they yell, the more of each they'll sell. I'm almost deaf, and those shouters still bother me - and keep me and my money at home. Oh SHUCKS! Almost forgot! Gotta sign out and lock eyes on the tube! I'm missing U. of Arizona and my favorite baseball-playing cutie, Adrienne Acton, in the softball World Series! I can't hear, but I can still see, and I know cute when I see it and refuse to miss it!

• denisew
    16 years ago

I don't care for the car commercials either. But, I do like the caveman commercials and that flooring commercial with the family sitting on the couch watching a scary movie. Then it shows their little Boston terrier who just peed on their new wood floor at the site of the scary monster on the tv. Poor little dog!

• little_dani
    16 years ago

I love that Armstrong floor commercial. I snicker when the 'smoking hot body' thing comes on, cause DH ALWAYS says (under his breath, to himself), "Whut makes you think it's so smokin' hot now?" LOLOL

I like the commercial for the hair product- shampoo, conditioner, or hair dye, dunno what- that shows the woman getting married, pregnant and pregnant again and letting herself go- then the majic hair product fixes her all at once. It is cute.

I am beginning to get annoyed at South Beach Diet. Sometimes I have to suffer a commercial from them when i come here. Sometimes I don't. I don't know what makes the difference.

Janie

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL Stitches! Hope your view was good!