Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

Soooo good

zitro_joe
16 years ago

...to be home.

4 weeks in Nebraska, living in a hotel. I can't wait to sleep in my bed.

I was greeted by some very nice flowers blooming in the yard, that was nice. Unfortunately, the tall grass was welcoming me as well.

ZJoe

Comments (13)

• Texasorbust
    16 years ago

WB & sweet dreams! Grass shmass. 4wks is a loooooong time, hotel living~blek......Nebraska~I have no clue, brings scenery wonders but not exactly warm and fuzzy weather thoughts.
    Go enjoy your blooms & babies, grass is ageless!

=D

• justintx
    16 years ago

Hey Zjoe-
    I'm actually a native born Nebraskan - got this speech impediment from growing up in Texas. As much as I like visiting relatives up there - there is still "no place like home - Texas!!", huh?
    J.D.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Welcome back, Joe --- we've missed you. It is too wet to mow grass anyway - it'll keep!!!!

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Welcome back home Joe, How's the little angles doing?
    I feel for you all in the service, having been there with my son in law in the Army my grand daughter would cry for her daddy everytime he had to leave, bless her little heart.
    Have a wonder Sunday hope you have it off to enjoy it.

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Welcome back, and happy snoozing.

Sally

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

well the rain postponed my mowing by another day...shucks

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Sounds like you have been TDY. Been there, done that, and it ain't really much fun. Enjoy being home.

If you gotta go TDY, make it someplace interesting, like Europe. Time will go a lot faster.

• beachplant
    16 years ago

Welcome home! A friend of mine was giving me grief about moving back to Texas from Hawaii, till I pointed out to him that he was living in OMAHA!
    Tally HO!

• trsinc
    16 years ago

Welcom back, zjoe. I feel so good to get home after one day in Austin. Must be fantastic after 4 weeks in a hotel!

There's no place like home...

• denisew
    16 years ago

Glad you're back. Hey, one week of me visiting the in-laws seems like 4 weeks! hee-hee! I know I am always glad to be home after any trip!

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks all!

Correct Rick, I was TDY. I have to go to New Mexico next month for 10 days. That should go by quickly.

I was in Omaha, it is not a bad city. Big enough to have everything you want, small enough not to get overwhelmed. It is an 8 hour drive to anywhere worth seeing. I had mentioned before that I used to live there, so it wasn't that bad. Just missed the kids and wifey. I moved to Nebraska from California, now that was a culture shock.

ZJoe

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I bet it was a culture shock coming from Ca to Ne.
    I moved from here to Denver when I was 12 man was it a shocker to me. I was so sheltered growing up and then up there the kids were way ahead of me on everything LOL.
    I like some parts of N.M the mountains are very nice.
    My husband is retired from the Navy and I cannot believe he tells me he misses being on the sea, ocean and the ship. I'd be sick the whole time. I couldn't ride roller coasters for getting sick LOL.
    Hope you have a good trip.

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Yup, NM is a neat place. Naturally, as a mountain person, my preferences are the mountains, but the high desert can be ok at the right times of year. (Not June-Septemeber.)

I was in Santa Fe, Taos, and Red River, about a month ago.

The ancients reside in NM, and I feel their presence when I am there, even though I am Eastern Woodlands by heritage.