Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

up date on me....

natvtxn
17 years ago

The wound is almost healed. I have an appt. with the wound doctor for June 21st, which is the earliest I cound get.

Today the nurse that comes each day said it will be healed by then.

The rehab people did not tell me I needed to see him. So I did not know until the surgeon's nurse told me on Friday.

I am eating better, but things still have an off taste. I am now to the stage where I can prep most foods for my self. Part of the problem being I can't bend over to get pots or pans out of the drawer, so I have to ask Diane to do that. Last night we had chicken fried steak and I ate a piece about the size of a saucer, or maybe a bit larger.

Send watermelon!!!!!!!!

The best thing is that I have no craving or desire to smoke!!

Thanks to you that asked how I am doing. I love ya man!!!!!!

Comments (28)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Good on ya mate!!! It sounds like you're doing what needs to be done to take care of yourself! Excellent! I was told(and choose to believe) that you must take care of yourself to be able to care for others. I'm also glad you're feeling better :^) PJ

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Thanks for good news and status - prayers will continue!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Kathy, that sounds wonderful. When is your email going to be fixed or is it mine?

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jolana, I asked David to send me a test e-mail this a.m. and it came through.
    His reply was "what did the banjo say to the muscian?"

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, cool

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I'm so glad you're doing better, and that you've lost the desire to smoke. That's great, too. Please continue to take good care of yourself.

Sally

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

It's good to hear that you are healing. Chicken fried steak sounds yummy!

Pam

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Kathy, that is great news and what a relief I know your feeling not having back pain to drag you down. I pray that everything will continue to heal and by fall you'll be out working in your lovely gardens.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Ok.....throw away the cigs and let this be a painless way to quit. (smile)

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Kathy,
    I am so thrilled to hear you are doing so well and healing quickly!! Just remember, just because you feel good does not mean your insides are ready...so be careful and take it slow.
    Maybe you'll feel like sitting outside amongst your flowers and enjoy a few minutes soon, if not already.
    Im very glad to hear your apetite is coming back...and you havent smoked!! and dont even miss it!! (this from a smoker) Just fight the urge to have one when you are feeling better. I quit each time I was pregnant and dummy me went right back to it after I had the babies..sigh
    Dena

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rick, Painless?! I had my last cig at 4:00 a.m. on April 17. Of course this was just before we left for the hospital.

I just figured out that the few times I have thought about a cig are when I am drinking coke. So no more cokes. It hasn't been that often and Diane now smokes outside.

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

OK, I don't get the banjo line, but I've got a banjo joke of my own (well, not my own, but I know one):

What's the difference between a motorcycle and a banjo?

(A motorcycle can be tuned!)

Sorry to all you great banjo players out there. A friend told me that one once, and even though it's dumb, I can't ever hear the word banjo without thinking about that joke and the friend who told it to me!

What Dena said: Glad to hear you're feeling better, but don't overdo anything! (Of course, if you can't bend over to get pots and pans, it's probably not tempting to pull weeds, right?)

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bobbi, you are the first to question the answer to the banjo joke. the answer is, "quit picking on me". I can see my grandson (17) rolling his eyes. But he would have loved it when he was little.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I was waiting patiently for the punch line instead of being pushy!!! LOL!PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I'm glad to hear you're doing better and real glad you quit smoking.

Keep up the good work.

Carol

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, I gues I just thought everyone knew the * quit picking on me* LOL
    My brother used to say, "what do you think I am... a banjo?" lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Kathy, I am so glad everything is going well for you. I think of you each day when I see the beautiful blue blooms on my blue shell pea vine - can't thank you enough. You take care of yourself, and good for you for quitting the old smoking habit == good job.

Carrie

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carrie, I put some of the blue vine seed in a pot before I went to the hosp. They finally sprouted and Diane planted them where they could grow up a rose bush. when we went out this morning the deer had some how managed to get to it. I think the push the fencing in until they can reach a plant. Any way they pulled it up roots and all.

The only place I could have it is in the back yard again. With the drougth we are not planting new things in the back as that is where the harshest west sun hits everything.

I am so glad you are enjoying it. The original seed came from Carol Ann or Janie.

I have to keep reminding my self...next year, next year.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Me, too, Kathy - I just say "next season" and move on. This heat has me hopping trying to keep everything watered, and my brugs are really struggling - think I won't have as many blooms this year as last until Fall when the weather get cooler.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

How are you feeling Kathy? I hope you're getting around a little better this week.

Pam

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Pam, Thanks for asking. This week has been uncomfortable, due to the humidity. I am no longer using the walker except in public. I still fear that I might fall or someone bump me.
    With out thinking I actually bent over and picked a tooth pick off the floor yesterday. Probably not the thing to do, but I was able to do it.

We had a power outage yesterday and now my pc won't start. I am using the laptop, but can't get the outlook express to work on it. I need to call roadrunner, but keep putting it off because my brain is still a bit fuzzy from all the drugs and anesthetic. Or I am just lazy.

I went to my son's for Father's day. I told him some FD, he had to drive 45 minutes to pick me up and then 45 back home. My grandson drove me home. It was his first time to drive this far, so I worried until I felt he was home and then called. He said , Yes, grandma, I got home ok." I guess he was a bit put out that I worried.
    I have to brag on him. His church youth group just got back from a week of working in New Orleans. They did the same thing over spring break.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Sounds good so far! You really hit a snag and had us all worried. Your grandson sounds like a neat kid.PJ

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Kathy, I bet I can help with the email. Has it ever been set up on the laptop? I checked your profile to see which RR area you are in. (did you know that your birthday is the day after mine? I just noticed it!)

Your email servers should be as follows:
    POP is pop.satx.rr.com
    SMTP is smtp.satx.rr.com

I imagine that is the info that you are missing. I used to work for Roadrunner 4-5 years ago.

I hope you can get the email working.

Pam

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Pam. I finally called r.r. and we had to re-enter a buch of "stuff" and my password. So I am now back up & running.

The young lady was very patient with me. I don't know why my brain is still so foggy. I have a hard time focusing on things.

There are still a lot of things I don't remember happening. It does scare me a bit as my DH died with Alzheimer's. But the nurse keeps saying it will just take time.

I see the wound/staph doctor this afternoon. I sure hope he says it is healed enough for me to take a shower. The home care nurse seems to think it will be healed by next week. Of course she said that last week also. LOL

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

You just keep being patient and dont 'over do-it'..be careful bending over too!!!
    Im so glad to hear you got to get out and be with your son and his family for fathers day!! What a great GS you have!!
    Keep us informed!!
    Dena

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just got home from the wound/staph doctor. He has released me. I can now take a shower and get in my neighbor's pool. WooHoo!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

That is great news! Glad you got your email working too. Don't forget your sunscreen when you go to the pool!

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Whooo Hooo!!!
    You will feel sooo much better now!!!
    Congrats!!!
    Dena