Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

I'm blessed!

pjtexgirl
16 years ago

We finally found a "real" job!!! We will really be able to not sweat bills,groceries and emergencies!!! Thanks for your prayers!

An emergency seemed to come up yesterday. I noticed my kitty hadn't urinated all day when I went to clean her box. I was afraid she'd started going outside the box. I am good at finding "accidents". I didn't find any. So I locked her in all night in (our) room with the box. No pee. I was freaked out. She looked healthy but I was afraid she was in the first stages of renal failure. I took her in and prayed. Turns out she was holding her urine. Something about the box,the litter, or I think my youngest DS was bothering her while she was in the box. He LOVES her!!! So now kitty has a cat door into our room so my DS has to leave her be from now on if she goes in there. She has an all new box set up. I really adore this cat and was so upset at the thought we might lose her. She is so sweet,mellow and a really lovely cat(Maine coonish looking) PJ

Comments (18)

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

I'm so glad to hear about your DHs new job. This is great news.

It's a good thing you pay attention to your cat. I don't think I would've ever noticed when my cat urinated.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

PJ you are blessed and I am so happy you will be staying
    I am so glad DH's kitty is okay

• vannie
    16 years ago

what kind of job is it?

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Auto CAD for an electrical engineer :^) PJ

• little_dani
    16 years ago

PJ, I thought the new job had something to do with the cat urinating/not urinating. LOL

Glad you are going to stay!

Glad the cat can pee too.

Both are important.

Janie

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're funny little dani! LOL!PJ

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

Yay! I deent even know about the job thing. Oh well, you managed without me! :)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

That is great news, tell your hubby congratulations on the new job. I'm glad the kitty is ok too.

Pam

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Glad to hear things are going better.

My girls have been doing a bout with a virus. I hate taking them to the kennel, because invariably they catch something. So, this time they came back with some doggie stomach bug, first one, then the other. Finally beginning to keep their food down, after starting back eating. Thank goodness for Pepto Bismol. (Vet recommended.)

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you :^) I will tell him congrats after we're done dancing the happy dance! LOL!
    I hear you Rick. Kennel Cough. Even if you vaccinate for it you can still end up with a 400.00 bill clearing it up from catching it around other dogs! PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Kennel cough is hard to prevent. We get the boosters every 6 mos. but they still get a little dose of it, sometimes. This time it was a stomach virus though. They are just about over it now, thank goodness, because they have to overnight at the kennel again soon.

Kennel cough is sorta like the common cold.....hard to prevent, but you can reduce the symptoms and severity, with the vaccine.

The best stuff is the organic cleaner, that gets almost anything out of fabrics, that pets soil, whether carpet, upholstery, etc. Still, I recommend furniture covers for the pieces where the pets typically like to lay, as they tend not to worry too much about where they throw up.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't allow my dogs on the furniture. (They are too big and too pushy.It's asking for trouble.) The floor is all tile! Whoo hoo! PJ

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

Wonderful news about his job. But I just "knew' you were going to say he got a job with the vet.

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Congratulations, PJ. And, congrats to your cat, too.

Sally

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

Where were ya'll gonna have to go?? Out of Tx?? Dang I miss so much!
    yet..
    CONGRATS PJ and FAMILY!!! I really am glad you are staying.....
    And Im so glad your kitty is good too!
    Pepto and Karo and Benedryl all for pets too..lol
    I hope this is his forever (at least until he retires) job and this will remain ya'lls 'forever' home!!
    Dena

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks! We were looking to move back west(Los Angeles). I didn't want to do a 3400 mile u-turn! Things were getting real tight tho....It was getting scary! I just wanna stay here and work up to a mature garden darn it! LOL!PJ

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

OH, PJ, we're glad you're staying! You were one of our mainstays before you even moved here!!! Yay you get to stay.

One of these days we'll have to do the wildflower crawl somewhere near your home. I go over to Benbrook quite frequently. I discovered a new closed road the other day, to the lake. I cannot BELIEVE it! I had meant to look at a map when I got home that day but forgot. Seems to me they are waaaaayy too big for their britches out there. Freakin' if you're not going to take people's money, let them in free, AHOLES. geeze.

hrmph. I did see a large yellow prairie clover, which I didn't even know existed. hrmph.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

:^) Can't get rid of me now! LOL!
    I can't believe they closed off the lake either!!!Ohhh yellow prairie clover... sounds really cool. I like yellow a lot! We should meet up. How far is Red Oak from Benbrook?