Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryisthinking

Bank being robbed

terryisthinking
16 years ago

The Red Oak bank is full of hostages and bank robber(s). The police have shut down the road.

Comments (18)

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

My ex MIL lives out there...saw on the news people were finally coming out 1 by 1?

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Holy cow isn't all the flooding enough action for people!!! Steal people's money over the internet like a real criminal dang it!!!PJ

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

There were no hostages. It was a communications glich between the agencies involved. It was probably a decent drill for a real hostage situation if you want to look on the bright side! The guy(robber) was caught and arrested a mile down the road. PJ

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Who were the people coming out with their hands up, and why were they being handcuffed? That is a stupid bank to rob - it is almost impossible to get out of the parking lot onto Ovilla Road - no lights, and lots of traffic.

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

And when has a bank robber ever been smart?

I watched it till all the hostages came out then went to do something else.

Good they all got out and no one was hurt or killed.

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

DANG IT!!! I missed the whole thing! And that's my bank. Well, my old bank where I still have a few bucks.

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ha - my daughter watched til she found out what bank it was. Said - it's not my bank - my money's safe. I'll have to explain fed-insurance to her.

There is a bank a block away with highway access and two exits.

• beachplant
    16 years ago

Man ya'll make me feel like I lead a boring life, no floods, no bank robberies.... Hopefully we won't have any excitement coming from the Gulf this year.
    Tally HO!

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

The wild, wild, west is returning.

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I googled "red oak" + "bank robbery" and read an interesting website about Bonnie and Clyde being filmed in Red Oak(at the current Outreach Center) and Waxahachie and a number of small towns around here.

They had before and after pics of how they dressed up the buildings.

In Oak Cliff, where I took my ceramics to be fired, they filmed the Tom Cruise movie (something about the 4th of July) and it was amazing how they changed the look of the neighborhood overnight. I thought I'd gone "twilight zone" when I drove through there.

• little_dani
    16 years ago

Ssshhhhh! Tally!

Lets don't think about it or talk about it. Maybe it will go away.

Last night, I dreamed I was caught up a mesquite tree in a hurricane that nobody told me was coming. I was trying to figure out how to get to a taller tree when I woke up.

I enjoyed the tv coverage of the KKK guy who barricaded himself in the nasty little bar on Spencer Highway in Deer Park/ La Porte a few years ago. That was because I knew that guy. He was a neighbor, I knew he was nuts, and goodness only knew what he was capable of doing. He wasn't real smart either. Made a bunch of people mad when they closed traffic on a busy street, a major connection to Houston. I think some people whupped up on him when he got 'out'.

Janie

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Did anyone but me see this about the Red Oak Bank???PJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Red Oak bank mixup

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I did see that - it's a mystery why they were handcuffing the people coming out. I also saw a guy at Walmart on TV. The police were there because the perp told them he was meeting his accomplice there. This guy had a similar car and matched the description. But he was the wrong guy. They let him go after 6 hours and he was riled.

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

That site is where Abrams Bank opened its Red Oak branch in a flimsy pre-fab while their permanent building was being completed.

Just a little while before that bank was scheduled to move into its new space, it was robbed, too, by an employee or ex-employee.

guess he figured that a brick building would be harder to rob...

Weird that this bank is on the same site.

Speaking of Twilight Zone:

One afternoon I was rushing to an appointment when I encountered about a dozen police cars, from every municipality for miles around, parked all along the sides of the road into Ovilla.

I got by a few of them, but one guy finally jumped out of his car & flagged me down.

"You can't go in there!", he said.
    "They're shooting in there!"

My response (a reasonable one, I thought) was,
    "Who's shooting?
    Who're they shooting at???"

They were shooting an episode of Walker Texas Ranger.

• denisew
    16 years ago

Sylvia - That is so funny! I liked watching that show too. They shot some outdoor scenes up in McKinney too. Supposedly Chuck Norris owned a big white mansion here in Allen while they were doing that show, but someone else owns it now. (I heard that from someone who works with the city.)

Glad they did catch the guy who robbed that bank, but don't know why those other people were handcuffed. Maybe the FBI thought they had to make things look good due to the "communication glitch." They knew excatly what they were doing, right?

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I think I'm going to be lost on this one. LOL! Who where they shooting at!PJ

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They were shooting cameras not guns, a TV show called "Walker, Texas ranger" starring Chuck Norris and his relatives. He runs around Texas looking for small quiet towns where he can fight in the streets. They turned out grocery store into the Indian Bureau one day. Another twilight zone moment.

He also does stuff in Dallas.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I meant lost on the bank robberies. Chuch teaches and shoots in Los Angeles as well. I heard he was very nice. PJ

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida