Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

Just too quiet

zitro_joe
16 years ago

Erin had an Optometrist appointment so I was able to get a taste of watching both kids by my lonesome. I asked Abigail to go play in her room while I changed Eli's diaper and put him to sleep.

I could hear her ravishing her bookshelf, toys and clothes, then ....silence. This is what I found:

Comments (31)

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Awww, how sweet
    I bet Erin has wished for a few moments like that, lol
    That is a precious picture

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

AWWWWWW, Bless her heart how sweet is that.
    Cherish these moments they pass sooooooo fast. It may not seem like it but it does.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Sleeping beauty in pirate attire! LOL! PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

PJ - when I came home from work, I was like "why is she dressed like that". Apparently, it was a 10 minute battle and Abigail won since Erin was busy getting ready for her appointment.

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

There so sweet when there sleeping :o)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Zitro it's so cute! Pretty soon she'll be concerned about how "in" her clothing are(maybe....) For now she dresses in what SHE likes! Yo hoo and a bottle of rum...:^ ) PJ

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

LOL PJ.

Thank goodness that you can't tell by looking at how I dress now but when I was Abigail's age I ran around in a diaper and my sisters cowboy boots. My granddad took a movie of me in them and all these years later my cousins put all the movies of us kids on VHS and to my surprise they had the one of me in a diaper and cowboy boots I LMBO.

Joe it will be way to soon that she will hog the bathroom getting ready for a date and caring way to much about how she looks, so enjoy every moment. Hug and kiss her before she tells you no more dad or at least not in front of her friends.

• new_in_texas
    16 years ago

Joe, nice to see that you're still around!

Oh what I wouldn't do to be that age again, running around in cowboy boots and falling asleep willynilly.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

"willynilly" ya'll use that word in Canada?

Good to see your still around as well NIT! How is the gardening going? We went down to the Fiesta on the Concho. The Kids had a great time and the car was neat. I'll post some pics in day or so.

ZJoe

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

EH? My friend's mom from Canada used "eh" at the end of her sentences. It was quite charming. Then again, the lady was quite charming so I might have the expression stuck that way in my mind now.

• justintx
    16 years ago

Joe (dad),
    Since you'd been gone so long, I bet you REALLY absorbed THAT moment. How precious!
    J.D.

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

That is soo funny and cute. DH fell asleep standing up, once, but he wasn't nearly as cute. ;-)

Sally

• new_in_texas
    16 years ago

ZJ,
    I'm good and I finally have things that are blooming!
    We didn't make it to the Fiesta this year, we took the nieces last year but they're both sick right now. I'm looking forward to your pics, I had a good time last year, it was my first small town/city/American fair.

Carrie from Canada who says willynilly and eh?

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It is a good thing she snuck that extra nap on Friday, on Saturday we went to a festival.
    She had a busy:
    At some Mexican food
    got her face painted
    danced on a stage
    ran through a fitness obstacle course
    feed rabbits, goats, ducks and a giant dog
    rode a pony
    danced on stage
    walked around a car show
    ate grape shaved ice that turn her mouth purple

Here is a link that might be useful: more pictures here

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

Cute! My vet falls asleep while he's talking to you, but he's not cute at all.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Joe, what wonderful pics and it looks like Abigail went to a car show also, lol

PPB, your vet falls asleep? LOL

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Cute pic, Joe. I notice that you managed to get in a side trip of your own, with that car show.

I went to Red Earth, in OKC the first weekend of the month. Enjoyed visiting the flute circle in OKC on Friday evening, and Red Earth on Saturday. Great event, and now that it is inside at the convention center, very comfortable for the first of June. (smile)

Going to enjoy going to the OK Flute Fest in October. New event, and promises to be a great one.

Hoping to visit flute circles in Spring and Austin, this summer.

Already too hot for much gardening activity, so time to get out and have some fun. (smile)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I see mom is up and running too!Bet she's glad to not be preggers in this heat! Was the tiniest tot back with the grandparents? You're little girl is doing the same thing as my Sunday school crowd. Getting older at the speed of sound! She goes back to looking "babyish" while she's asleep but when she's up and running you can really see the maturing girl in her. However,I think she might be a bit young for a muscle car yet! LOL! PJ

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

Jolana, yes my vet falls asleep in all sorts of situations. He works 18 hour days and his home number is on his card.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Prairie, your vet really should rely on an emergency clinic. He's gonna kill himself! Poor guy!!!PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Eli was in the stroller the majority of the time

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Eli was keeping a low profile? LOL! PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's how he rolls...or strolls. ; )

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

lol..that is truely a "moment captured in time" to be cherished, with her sleeping like that...you can use that pic to bribe her with when she wants to start dating!!..lol!
    What a beautiful baby..and young girl you have there joe!!!
    I love "that's how he 'strolls'"..LOL!!!
    And I must say...what a great dad you are!!!
    Dena

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Dena!

Here is Eli...

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Oh lookie that lil face!!!! Can he get any cuter????PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

yes, he most likely will. ; )

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

PJ, (sorry Joe) the vet is in his 70s and is not going to change. My cousin, who has since passed away from leukemia, worked for him in the 70s.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Prairie,you're right! (Sorry too)
    Yep, Eli will get cuter!!!! How old is he now? I think 6mos is one of the cutest stages of infanthood. PJ

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

Ohh Ohhh I 'want' him!! I would really like to pick him up now..yet I will return him when he turns .. ohh about...14 years old!..lol
    Ohhh joe...he is absolutely beautiful..and sooo kissable!! What a great family you have and such 'beautiful' babies!!!
    No wonder you are so proud...I am too and they aint even mine!!
    Dena

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Isn't it hard to believe these lil cuties often become sullen teenagers? I have a 13yr old with a year left on him! He's all ready warming up to pouty tho. PJ