Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
qac_jd

What year is it.......................who am I?

QAC_JD
9 years ago

I woke up in Lubbock, was in justintx, love hummers & cats, can't believe some of you are still around. ;-)
(good to be back, though)

Comments (21)

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

OMG, HI!!!
    Carrie has kept me caught up on you so I feel like I am still in touch, glad you are back here. I just came back recently as well.
    I had to come back to add this
    You love cats? LOL
    Ok, I thought I knew who you are, guess I don't, lol

This post was edited by jolanaweb on Fri, Jun 27, 14 at 20:13

• melvalena
    9 years ago

Hey JD!!! Welcome back. Its so good to hear from you again.

Jolana.. he threw in the part about cats to throw us off.. but it didn't work!

Wonder how long until Jim gets in here?

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

HAHAHA, well, well, well, still the same ole stinker, lol

• QAC_JD
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, its coming back to me now.
    Carrie made me do it!!
    Bought a "fixer upper" in Lubbock with no landscape in the back and the ubiquitous solid line of hedge in the front. Accented with lovely puncturevine, dandylion, purslane,no sprinkler system and stage 2 water restictions. I'll post before and after pics later. (maybe I can find that "Round up in the yard" again. ;-)

• melvalena
    9 years ago

OH YES!!! we could use a round up thread again!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    9 years ago

Funny, but I was just recently wondering what happened to you and your yard. It's good to have you back! "Roundup, the Sequel" hasn't fallen off the Gallery yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: ... the Sequel ...

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

Well, where are the pix? I thought they would be on here by now, lol

• melvalena
    9 years ago

He must be waiting for Jim?

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

His ole buddy, I bet you're right

• bossjim1
    9 years ago

Is that really J.D., or a cheap imitation?

Jim

• melvalena
    9 years ago

HAHAHAHA!!!!

And the fun begins!

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

oooh, the latter might be the answer, he's awfully quiet to be the real thing, LOL

• QAC_JD
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Quick As a Cat is back!
    Had to do that awful "W" thing (WORK). Like they say, be careful what you put on the web. It can come back to haunt you!! LOL

Still "cheap", but the real thing. Good to see you're still kickin, Jim!

Got some more rock work done in the front. Done - for now - with that. I'll find that camera soon.

Question: How can anyone start a garden without raiding Carrie's yard? I'm finding this terribly difficult (not to mention expensive!) LOL

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

HAHAHA, well, postage in the Fall? Or maybe when people are visiting Carrie ....show up to see what they brought, lol
    How far are you from her now? Are you doing anything with seed now? Seeds can still be sent when it is hot

I have some pretty red yucca someone grew from seed, lol

• QAC_JD
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm about 320 miles from Carrie's, now. I wasn't thinking when I left my old place and didn't at least dig a few excess plants. I hear the folks that bought my old place aren't gardeners. Too bad - it was really looking lush by the time I sold it. Literally brought a tear to my eye to drive off.

May have to make a "Carrie Raid". Wish I had all of the hummer plants i bummed off of her!!

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

Every person we have ever sold to weren't gardeners. When we left Bastrop county the buyers cut down all of our pines and a lot of the oak tree line. ??????

• melvalena
    9 years ago

JD,
    I bet we could manage a meet half way come this fall.

• QAC_JD
    Original Author
    9 years ago

If somebody hosts a meet, I want to know!! I'd make a trip back just to pick up plants!!!

• melvalena
    9 years ago

JD..
    We (Denton County) usually hold a plant swap in the fall, and I have a guest room with private bath. :)

If you can't make that I'd be willing to drive out your direction and meet you half way. Carrie might even be up for a day trip like that by then.
    I love driving Texas roads so it would be a treat for me to have a good reason to do so.

• jolanaweb
    9 years ago

I think all 3 of y'all should come halfway in this direction, lol

• melvalena
    9 years ago

LOL Jolana!