Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

Where is everyone???

jolanaweb
17 years ago

I've been sick for a few days and missed talking to y'all, I get better and y'all disappear, lol

Comments (31)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I emailed you, asking where you were. I am sorry you were sick.

I am doing ok. Of course each day is a struggle. I saw the doctor yesterday. He and I both were pleased with the x-rays.
    Whe the nurse called me into the office, they were all saying "look she's walking", "oh my god, she's taller than I am" and things like that.

I guess it was a bigger deal than I realized.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hehehe, next thing you know, you'll be a model

I emailed you back. I'll resend it

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Dang!!..I was feeling like a big "hog" I was postin' all over the place and was wondering the same thing....Where the heck is everyone?????!!!,
    but then I sure got a lot of responses (on all my posts)...love you all!!..but the people that post allllll the time (not saying your a hog jolana..lol!!! love your posts and miss them tremdously when your not here!!!) didn't seem to be responding...
    HEY I COUNT ON YOU ALL!!!!!
    natvtxn (Kathy?).....are you feeling better since being home?..I hope you are gaining your strength back...besides being taller...(which I am soo jealous of!!..lol)
    OK..you probably dont know me as posting..but hey..I know you by heart as a lurker!!!..and truely have missed you while you have been away!!!
    I am still praying for a quick recovery..and still jealous of Diane!!...How lucky you are..and how blessed you are...I have missed your postings!!!
    Welcome home!!!
    Dena

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Good morning!
    So far today seems to be a good day. I might change my mind after the physical therapy gal leaves. It sure does not take long for mucles to turn to water!
    Yes Dena, I remember you. Thanks for your support. Have you been geting a lot of rain, like Houston? My middle son and family live in Baytown. And my grandchildren live with their mother in Kingswood.

Right now I am having to use the pc. For some reason I keep getting a protocol error on email on the laptop. I'll worry about it later, I just don't yet have the mental capacity to contend with talking to roadrunner.

We finally got rain yesterday. It is weird all the rain stays East of I35. Of course I am West of I35.

My daylilys are really putting on a welcome home show for me. These are some I ordered over the internet last fall. Since I can't bend over I have no idea what the name tage say.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kathy, I guess that's why my emails haven't gone thru and my phone only works when I leave my house, lol

I'm sooo glad you are having a good day. Here's a big HUG and hopefully it will last all day

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I've been checking in from time to time, but for some reason haven't posted much. I've been busy and very happy since my DD is in town for 10 days. Wooohooo! I took a couple of days off, and we've just hung out. Some of her friends are touring the country (singer songwriters), and happened to be in Dallas, so we went to go see them perform, and they spent the night with us. It was a lot of fun. They were sweet kids (okay, adults), and thoroughly exhausted. I don't know where all they've been, but I do know they were in Alberquerque (sp?) one night, then to Odessa, then to Houston, then to Dallas, and they had to leave early in the morning to get to Nashville. Luckily, their tour is almost over with. At least they are young. What a wonderful experience for them.

I've also been spending some time over on the Cooking Forum. I've gotten so bored with the same-o, same-o, that I thought I might learn some new stuff over there. They're a friendly group of people.

Kathy, I'm so glad you're doing better.

Sally

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

I am here, I am here, and ornery as ever, hehehehehehehehehe..

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Swimming. And swatting skeeters. Even though the news said we only had 2 inches of rain my rain gauge and the street flooding said otherwise. The plants are sure happy.
    Tomorrow is the backgarden tour and our neighborhood garden is having a plant sale. So I'm dropping off plants to them, buying plants I don't need, taking mom to lunch and on the tour and then hopefully working in the garden.
    I don't think anyone behaved while you were gone either.
    Tally HO!

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Jolana, I hope you're feeling all well again. I noticed your absence and missed you. You ladies are all great!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been welcoming and admiring the rain, that's where I've been. If I wasn't so afraid of lightning, I think I would have slept outside just to have the rain on me. I think I'm happier than our plants about it! My next absence, if I take one, will be to battle the skeeters, or to prep some more planting beds.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sally, why don't you come do some cookin for me, lol

Tally, I wish I was closer, I think I would like to go to that sale

Rap, thanks, I am certainly better than the last few days and I went nursery hopping today and that made me feel better but I think any cool weather is long gone now so I probaly won't go anymore this summer.
    Last week I did sleep on our back porch in the rain. We have a screened in porch with a tin roof...it was wonderful

Petra, I thought of your ornery self today just about everytime I saw a rose and I did see a lot

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Last minute gardening before the big heat wave hits and seeing my son off to California.PJ

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Hey Everyone!

Jolana, it's good to know that you are feeling better. And it's good to hear that everyone is here and doing well.

Kathy, I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. Before long you will be down here on the coast and enjoying the sea breezes.

And I, like everyone else, have been so busy.

After a little over 1/2" of rain since December, we made up for it, i.e. over 11" in less than a week. We have water standing everywhere and mosquitoes, but it is so wonderful to have rain again. I almost forgot what it looked like.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I check in every night, but don't always have anything to say.
    We sure are a bunch of recouperating garden bums!
    I'm walking without my walker...still hurt alot, but getting better. My previous surgery in Sept only took me 3 months to be walking almost normal. This surgery recoup is slower. It's been almost 3 months and I'm still in a clumsy, ugly boot.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Linda, I'm glad y'all got rain.

Bev, how much longer with da boot?

Pj, that's why I went yesterday, besides wanting to meet Wilo. I figured it would be the last time for awhile.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Y'all need to send some of that rain this way.
    Jolana, I'm glad you're feeling better, too. What do you like to eat? How about something chocolate?

Sally

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OOOh, yes, yes and heck yes.
    Sally, you can even cook me a bunch of veggies, I love them

• remuda1
    17 years ago

I check in pretty much everyday. I am in the process of painting the exterior of my house after I get home from the barn (my "office") everyday. Once I complete this, I am having new guttering installed. At this point, I am almost done with the primer, just a few touch up spots......the gutter guy has called three times asking "Is it done yet?". LOL, now I've decided to just start painting with the house paint on the parts he needs to get to, that way I can get my gutters up and get him off my back ;). Then I can finish the rest in a more leisurely fashion, which is way more my style :). In between this and that, I am in the process of putting in a new flower bed as well. Blast the unseasonal heat we're having right now.

Harvesting carrots, early girl toms, sweet 100 cherry toms, some onions, lots of Tendergreen cucumbers (nothing better to cool you off after working outside), bell peppers and jalapenos.

Built a Tipsy Pot thingy. Used plastic pots and put new gold lantana in the bottom, portulaca next, purple million bells next, then white petunias. I still have to fill the fifth pot (the smallest), but can't decide what to use. This is an easy, easy project and it's interesting to look at. I can't wait until all of the plants are trailing nicely out of the pots.

I volunteered (stupid) to bottle feed two kittens for about three weeks. Thank goodness they have now learned to drink from a bowl. They are so cute and sweet and DEMANDING :). The day before yesterday, my sweet (I could kill her) black lab brought up yet another baby rabbit that I now have to foster. There's no way on 20 acres to know where she might have found it. She carries them around gently in her mouth like they are her babies and then comes and proudly shows them to me. I have had to foster over 30 of these babies over the last 5 or 6 years. I have only lost one of them. It was very, very young. I even took that one with me to Houston when I had to go down to run a horse. I then found out that very young babies have to eat mommy's poo for the beneficial bacteria for their tummies.

Along with the above mentioned animals, I have a 4.5 pound yorkie that thinks he's a doberman, a bob-tailed lazy cat (who loves to wrestle with the yorkie), a cockatiel (to keep the yorkie in line) and 7 horses.

My house is a mess, my barn is immaculate and what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right?...........Right????

LOL, all in all everything is right with the world, no? I have a great tan (from the knees down and the elbows down). The tan lines are indelibly etched on the tops of my feet in the pattern of my garden sandals :). What more could I ask for huh?

Now Jolana, aren't ya sorry you asked? LOL, I hope everyone is having a great day today. I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy my iced tea:)

Kristi

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kristi, you have exhausted me, reading about everything you're doing, lol

I want to see pics tho

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I think I'll take a nap after reading that! LOL. PJ

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Jolana...My next appt with the surgeon is 6/14...we'll see then if I can get out of this boot. Last appt he gave me a prescription for a high$$$ ankle brace. I got it and I can't stand to walk in it. It hurts something awful. The fabric insert in my boot can't take many more washings, it's about wore out and I refuse to get a new one, they're around $500 apiece. I know my ankle isn't healed enough to go without some kind of bracing. I'm looking at up to a year before I can walk normally. That's if I don't reject the cadaver parts. If I do, the only alternitive is to remove them and fuse my foot & leg. I don't want that.
    Kristi...My nose is sunburned all summer and my lower arms have a tan, so does the area from my knees to about 6-7" above them. You sure are busy. My puppy's could give your yorkie a good work out, they have way to much energy. They're both getting neutered & micro chipped Mon. Heidi(black mini schnoodle) is about 6# & Harley (black maltipoo)is about 7#. Harley may grow a bit more, but I think Heidi is done. They wear me out every day!
    PJ...what will you do with all your spare time without your boys? Are they both going or just one?

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I just shipped off one boy. I still have my midget with me. He's the easy kid so I'm going to have a little spare time. (whew!) PJ

• kateyes
    17 years ago

Hi Jolana! And hello to the rest of y'all!!

I'm always here, just sometimes don't have anything to say...my DH would fall over laughing if he read that line!!
    Just wish we all lived closer to each other - is anyone near me here in Baytown? Heck - have y'all even heard of Baytown? I know I'm near Tally down in Galveston....anyone else?

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Kateyes,
    I know Baytown. My son and DIL live there. She was born and raised there.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Hey Jolana, I'm late but here LOL. Sorry to hear you were under the weather, but glad to hear your better now.
    After reading Kristi's post she wore me plum out, I think she's been into granny's tonic, sure wish I had that type of energy like when I was young.
    I've been busy with Dr's for three or four weeks now and not done yet, DH and I just found out we both have high blood pressure and started new med's for it, Plus my DH will be having surgery this coming Tuesday, he's having his gall bladder taken out, poor guy's been through a lot the past few days with it flaring up, he just knew after he'd stopped eating anything with oil, fat he would not have any problems, Wrong he had two attacks in one day that was the first that had happened.
    So if you don't see me post for a while it will be because I'm busy, I do however drop in to read and see how everything's going with everyone else.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Barb, I hope all goes well with your hubby. Tell him the prayers are on the way.

Kathy

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

From me too! PJ

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Barb......your husband will feel so good after his surgery. I had mine out 3 years ago, I had 13 stones and it was mush and infected. I didn't realize how bad I'd been feeling till the day after surgery.I felt like a new person....they use a laser, just a couple tiny incisions...easy recovery in a couple days.
    I take 2 blood pressure meds and watch my SALT (hard for me, I love salt)and fats. Mine still jumps back up everyonce in a while and I get more strict with my diet and it goes back down. I feel much better when it's down.
    I like beer or margaritas (high salt) now if I want a drink it's a glass of wine. Sometimes I'll take a couple sips of George's beer. I'm not much of a drinker, but sometimes a tomato beer or a corona would taste so good! If I cheat, that's where I cheat.
    Instead of salt I use Mrs Dash products and more of the other spices I like like, basil, garlic POWDER, thyme, cumin, oregano, cilantro & dill. Most of these I grow fresh in pots on my patio. I also use more fresh garlic & onions (I grow these too)than I did before. Stay away from canned foods, they are loaded with salt, so are frozen dinners (all the easy stuff). Anything with preservatives is bad. You're going to spend more time in the kitchen or patio grilling & preparing healthy fresh foods. My downfall is sugar, but the less salt I eat the less I crave sugar.
    One of the meds I take is a diuretic, so I pee all the time!
    You are both going to feel soooo much better.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

I'm on a diuretic too and I thought I pee'd a lot before LOL. First day I could not get more then five feet from a toilet but it has gotten better. You know I didn't even think about canned good's. My dads eats canned goods some. DH is grilling as I type, salmon I hate fish but he can't have fats and I don't need them cause of my thyroid so there we are. Bev- You got any good recipes to share with me? DH think's that right after surgery he can go eat all the fried foods he wants OMG. I don't know if I'll ever get that man to eat right.
    Jolana sorry I didn't mean to steal your thread guess I need to make one of my own. Thank you all for your prayers.

• kateyes
    17 years ago

Hey Natvtxn - I was born and raised here too! I'm almost at the half century mark in age...how old is your DIL? I have lots of family, and friends, here....maybe I know her! That would be so neat! Does she or your son garden? I grew up in Eva Maude addition, and now I live in Plumwood addition - do you know where that is located? Do either of them work at EM by chance? My son works there.

I'm so excited that someone actually knows where Baytown is on the map! LOL

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

My son is an engineer at one of the propane companies there and she works for a contractor at the same plant.

Off the top of my head, I think she is 31. They do not garden. What with a total of 4 kids (his 3 and her 1) under 15, they run a lot. He used to garden when he owned his own home.

He is into little league now. He coach's my 2nd grandson's team, which just won the title.... heck I can't remember what it is called. She told me while I was in the hospital and I am doing good to remember that she told me.

What is EM? You said your son works there.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bev, when you get out of the boot, I hope soon, you should plant something with foot or toes in the name, lol

Kat, I know where Baytown is, my nephew lived there for awhile

Barb, I'm sorry about the High Blood Pressure and your DH having to have the surgery. They took mine out in '89 and it was a breeze compared to other surgeries, lol and you haven't stolen anything, sharing is caring, lol
    Y'all are in our prayers