Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A beautiful cottage home to be destroyed ...

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 22:41

I came across a post on the Cottage Forum when I glanced at the 'Most Recent Posts' column on the right. It's unthinkable that it would be destroyed because it doesn't 'conform' especially when it can't be seen from the road, according to the video. There is much originality and it's been so lovingly built for so little money not to speak of many sustainable materials used in the construction.

Here is a link that might be useful: Save Charlies House ... Be sure and watch the video

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A beautiful cottage home to be destroyed ...

Omg, what a shame, hope it gets saved
That is tooo cool

o
update re: a beautiful cottage home to be destroyed ...

UPDATE 24th June 2014:

The BBC's Aled Scourfield at the Pembrokshire Council meeting has tweeted:

"Pembs Councillors vote for a site visit before deciding on the future of Glandwr roundhouse"

This is what Charlie and Megan were hoping for; bring the councillors out of their office face-to-face with one of the most beautiful and environmentally friendly homes on the planet. This gives them the opportunity to show the councillors what it means to live naturally growing their own food and taking care of their own needs sustainably.

o
RE: A beautiful cottage home to be destroyed ...

Oh that's good. I can see where there would be an issue, but it is a really interesting house and appears to be built well. I love how the cabinets fit together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here