Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

A member of my perfect family

jolanaweb
17 years ago

I was promised another day for my birthday .

I got a call from my DS. A guy tried to be beat DS and turn in front of him and hit him. He's okay, we think.

He has bruises on his knees and a spot on his back that he says burns. He wouldn't go to the Dr. I'llkeep working him, try to scare him a bit

I didn't see his car it was gone when we got there.

He had just put 3500.00 into body and engine work. The poor kid. This is his 4th car in 4 yrs and he has been hit in all of them.

I told him he needs a tank but now he couldn't afford the gas for it.

Comments (14)

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Jolana, (((((Hug's))))))) to you and your DS. I'm sorry to hear of his accident but glad to hear he is ok? Men can be so stubborn about taking care of themselves.
    I hate driving anymore cause it's so crazy out there. I had a close one yesterday with a Diesel, must have had my Angel riding with me.

Bless you and your son, hope he is ok.

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

Jolana, thank God he is okay, but make him go to the doc. Someone rear-ended us years ago at pretty high speed, and I developed neck problems as a result. He should go to the doc and be checked out thoroughly.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Poor Billy. Some people just have bad luck. I'm glad he wasn't seriouly hurt.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Jolana, this is for Billy --- have your back checked out NOW. It will save so much pain later. I'm glad his angel was riding with him and it was not more serious. It is a jungle out there.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Poor Jolana and DS! I hope he gets checked out. I hope he gets away with being stubborn if he doesn't! PJ

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

I hope he's gone to see the doc already! Sorry to hear he's had such a bad streak with the cars.

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Ohh miss jolana!!!!
    I am sooo sorrry!!!!!
    Doesn't your heart stop everytime the phone rings and its him???..YOu Worry???
    I know I did..it seemed either my son or daughter was in a wreck all the time...yet most were THEIR faults..sighh!!!
    My mother worked for a Chiropractor for 21+ years..and yes..the "after" effects of a wreck are slow to show their ugly heads...
    I really hope and pray that he seeks some kind of medical attention, even a Chiro. will take x-rays to insure nothing is slipped or moved...
    I am soo thankful he is OK..has he heard how his poor car faired???
    Tell us an update......how is he feeling today???
    How is MOM????

Dena

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

It seems that if he went to the doctor, the other guy's insurance would pay, or should pay, if that's what's stopping your son from going. Of course, it could just be he's trying to be tough.

What a shame that happened to him. It's got to be soooo frustrating. That kind of thing happened to my boss. He was in his work truck, that he had just had major repair work done on, and someone (in a VW Bug, no less) turned in front of him. He sent that poor bug spinning in circles. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt, but both vehicles were totaled. Why does it have to happen right after major repairs? Wouldn't it be nice if insurance took that into consideration? But of course, they won't.

Right before I saw this post, I saw your birthday post, 2 days late. So, even though I'm late wishing you a happy birthday, I can still hold you to it when you celebrate. You be sure and have an especially happy birthday when you get to celebrate!

Sally

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

I just got here, been away most of the week-end, but:

If your son has liability insurance on his car, it's likely that he has Personal Injury Protection (PIP) as well.

It's no-fault medical, & the insurance company has to put it on the policy unless the policy holder signs a rejection.

PIP would pay his medical costs if the other driver is uninsured or if the other driver left the scene.

Hope he feels better.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank y'all for the good advice and kind thoughts

Well, he's going to the Dr this week. He has full coverage and the guy that hit him has full coverage. They said they would take into consideration what he had just put into it. So since I am co-owner. I told them I am making him go to the Dr and if they wouldn't take care of what he had in the car. We would be taking the tires, motor, stereo and the 500.00 muffler
    he said he would call in the morning.
    Cross your fingers. The first time someone hit him, the insurance company paid him top dollar for that car and it wasn't nearly as nice as this one.
    Frankly, I'm just glad he's okay but I don't want them taking advantage of my baby. It WAS the other guys fault and I saw the car today and I think he is did have an angel riding on his shoulder.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I believe you about the angel. Maybe another angel(you of course) got his stubborn rear to the Dr's! :^) Good job mom! PJ

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Honey, you just keep swinging away at those curve balls!

Thankfully the car took the brunt of the damage and not your son. He's probably so frustrated with insurance companys and doctors that he just didn't want to mess with it. He's young and invincible - remember those days?

The roads around Austin/Round Rock are soooo narrow and the people were driving like they were looking through their belly button. My DH's truck was too wide for some lanes and too long for some parking lots.

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

Prayin' for nothing major at the Doc's office.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Thank goodness, Jolana - he is going to get checked out. I know what a relief this will be for you. Now we will just pray that there is nothing out of place and Billy will be just fine. Such good news....

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator