Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

She has her mother's toes...

zitro_joe
17 years ago

A few pics from this very pleasant weekend in Buffalo Gap.

Comments (20)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Jooooe, how precious, her toes are just as cute as they can be!
    Where do you live?
    When I was growing up in Abilene, Buffalo Gap was where people went to eat on the weekend because it was *wet*. It was always crowded
    The last time I was there my SIL and I went to the fish house in Buffalo Gap but it wasn't the same, lol it wasn't as crowded, I guess because Abilene is wet now, lol

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We live in San Angelo. We have had our family reunion in Buffalo Gap for as long as I can remember. When did you leave Abilene? That's where all of my family is from.

Joe

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, I left when I graduated (probaly before you were born or maybe you were the age of your sweetie pie daughter), but still have family there
    I have so many pics of my son (he'll be 20 tomorrow) standing in the doorway of an outhouse in Buffalo Gap in the lil historical area there. It sort of became a ritual him standing there holding his nose, like it was still being used, lol
    That went on from 3 yrs til 14 and then he wouldn't do it anymore, lol

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

That baby is too precious. Once they get the lifejacket on you'd better get outta the way - it's water time!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

What a gorgeous family you have! Your little one just can't get any cuter! Thanks I love baby pics!PJ

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

What a cutie!
    I know where Buffalo Gap is! My oldest grandson was born at Dyess AFB. I made the trip from San Antonio to Abilene every couple months.

My granddaughter (4 at the time) used to say the way to my house was to go by the dangerous rocks and then you got to grandma's house.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I truely believe that there is not much in this world that is cuter than baby toes. I've got a thing for baby toes! (No, you don't have to worry about me, lol)

My father grew up in Abilene, but left when he went to college and never lived there again. His mother spent pretty much all of her adult life there. She died in her 90's, back sometime in the 1980's. We visited her, but didn't go out much. I don't remember Buffalo Gap. I do remember there was this wonderful barbeque place that had the best barbeque chicken I had ever eaten. (This was back when I ate meat.) I still don't think there is or was any other barbeque place that had better barbeque chicken. I don't remember the name of it, though. The mid 80's, when we went to Abilene for my grandmother's funeral, was the last time I went to Abilene, and the last time I ate at that restaurant. I don't even know if it's still in business.

Sally

• new_in_texas
    17 years ago

Okay, I'll ask... what's 02-04-07?

Carrie

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

How many munchkins do you have?PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

What cute pictures. She's just a doll.

I bet she's not spoiled. lol

• bobbi_p
    17 years ago

I'm thinking 2/4/07 could be the due date of another Zitro "Joey." Could I be correct?

As always, such a cutie pie. And I'm assuming we've finally seen an image of Zitro Joe himself????

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

PJ- we have one child.
    Carrie - 02 04 07 ... read next line.
    Bobbi_p - you nailed it!
    February 4th, 2007 is the due date of the next little one!This is is how we informed the family of the news. Their reactions were very funny when they realized what it meant. You are also correct about that being me in the picture. We had to set the camera to 'Wide Angle' to fit me in there. I looked a little cross eyed in the picture, hmm.

Jolana - I was probably a wee one when you left Abilene, I was just toying with the idea that our family members might have crossed paths. There are only two schools you could have gone to so I am sure it is highly possible. My dad's side was Ortiz, from I gather they were trouble makers back then (not much has changed though). I wouldn't blame you if you had kept your distance. I know I do. My mother's side is Wood.

Joe

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, we are Kuykendalls, Wards, Chisums and Luttrell

I don't remember names from back then, we went to school and then home to work, lol
    Our social time was spent with aunts, uncles and cousins, lol
    Congratulations, wow, y'all found out fast.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

What a neat way to tell the family of your next little one is on the way. You have a beautiful daughter. Wish they stayed little so cute and sweet.

• little_dani
    17 years ago

We have (had, actually) some of those hombres in our family, on my Dad's side. When he went to his brother's funeral in Austin, he wouldn't even register at a hotel in his own name. They were pretty bad I heard, but they were always just the boys I grew up with. I never could connect them(as children) with them(grown, as bad guys).

Anyway, I digress.

You have a lovely family, I can tell. Cherish every moment with the kiddo's, for they grow old very quickly. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. and congratulations on the new baby.

Maybe, he will wait for 2-17-07, and be born on my birthday.

Aquarians are a strange bunch. Very interesting children.

LOL

Janie

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Congratulations!!!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Ditto what Jac said!

Sally

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

she has become very good at rolling her eyes, that is definately from her mom.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Of Course she can roll her eyes! Maybe you'll have a boy this time so you wont be out numbered! PJ

• grittymitts
    17 years ago

An adorable child. Feel, taste and smell every single moment and take lots'n lots of pictures...the years go by in a flash.

Suzi