Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Everyone down south SA area please check in...

mikeandbarb
16 years ago

I hope everyone is ok? I saw on the news about flooding and worried about y'all.

Barb

Comments (8)

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

I am fine. I live on a hill, so it never is a problem. You could have gone white water rafting in the ditch out front. It sure was ugly around here on Friday. New Braunfels got 8 inches in about 3 hours.

The area effected yesterday is West of San Antonio.

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm glad to see you are ok. Y'all are having rains like we had. This is strange weather with so much rain.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

This is strange weather. I lost a few plants but most my plants seem to love it! PJ

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Made things better at my place, also, PJ. I could use a nice shower today.

• pris
    16 years ago

After spending all day Saturday waiting for the water to go down to get home, I'm really, really ready for some drying out time. I live SW of SA about 12 miles North of Uvalde toward Leakey on hwy 83. I had to work 1/2 day Saturday and by the time I got to the first low water crossing the water was probably 6 feet deep at the lowest point and 300 yards across. It wasn't passable until after 7:00 that evening. After getting home, I saw that Hondo, D'hanis and Sabinal were pretty much covered in water but I have no idea how deep it got or how widespread. I really feel for all of you in the Dallas, FW and Houston area where the rain has been so much more frequent. I talked to some friends in my hometown of Corpus Christi and they are claiming as much as 23 inches of rain this year. Go figure. It's either flood or draught. Would be nice to have the wealth spread out a little better. But, I guess that's too much to ask. I sincerely hope none of you had rising water damage. Replacing our plants while a pain is not nearly as expensive as repairing flood damage.

Best of luck to you all.

Pat

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Drought or drown the TX way!! LOL!
    Carrie I've gotten so lucky. I've had two nice showers without going overboard this week. Miracle! PJ

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We could use an inch or two of rain at my house, last few days I've gotten just enough to tease the plants.
    I lost vinca minor which is a big surprise to me I heard you can't kill it for nothing. I was wanting to get rid of it anyway so it's no loss but puzzled as to what happened.

Some salvias were lost too, sad to lose them, one was new to me this year, others I've had for three years.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Barb, if they were Greggii's and you want some small ones, I have many babies in my beds now --- let me know.