Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltcollins1949

Used Ark??

ltcollins1949
16 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy a cheap Ark in the Rockport area. I think that before today is over, we might need it to herd up our animals and float away.

HA! It is raining about 3" per hour according to the National Weather Service and expected to do so for the rest of today. So much for our 4th of July party and fireworks show.

Comments (12)

• justintx
    16 years ago

lt,

Somebody sealed up the door on mine, and we can't get in. Is that a bad sign?

J.D.

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maybe! It's still coming down!

• carrie751
    16 years ago

We just bought a new fifth wheel, and I am beginning to think we should have bought an ark. Funny that my friend in Seattle who always has a fire in his fireplace on the Fourth of July will be warmer than we today.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I still feel sorry for Patrick. Forget the ark I want a speed boat.LOL! Locked doors are always bad news! LOL!PJ

• carrie751
    16 years ago

PJ, the funny thing is I just got an email from Patrick, and he had to water before he dashed off to work.

• denisew
    16 years ago

Except for a few small sprinkles, we've had a partyly sunny day here in Allen, north of Dallas. We stuck close to home and smoked a brisket and had grilled potatoes and onions (in the foil packet with lots of butter) and grilled zucchini. We ate watermelon for dessert. I'm sorry y'all are still getting so much rain down there. There is still a chance for rain here tonight, so it isn't over yet. I hope it dries out for awhile. The mosquitoes are big enough to carry me away - there are so many of them!

• justintx
    16 years ago

Made the fireworks in Frisco tonight. That was THE MOST spectacular display I have ever seen!! I believe a mosquito nailed me through my boot leather, though!! (bad mosquito!!)
    J.D.

• little_dani
    16 years ago

We are on the coast just north of ltcollins, and it is still raining straight down. It has been raining for 2 days, pretty much without a let-up.

We have had 9" of rain, plus a little for good measure, in 2 days.

I am ready for it to slow down. I never say quit, for fear that we will get a drought...............

I have grape jelly to make. DH picked the wild grapes for me, I cooked them yesterday, and need to cook the jelly today. DH says it is ALL his!

Janie

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey!

Well it rained here all night again. And it doesn't seem to be letting up with a forecast of 2" to 4" more. The rain gauges have overflowed, so I don't know how much rain we have had. Last night it showed 6". My yard looks like a lake with water standing everywhere. I'm going to put out some mosquito dunks today and hope they work.

Janie,

Making jelly is a good thing to do on rainy days when you can't get out.

Glad everyone had a good 4th of July. We are going to put off our fireworks Friday night. Uh, that is if it isn't still raining.

• beachplant
    16 years ago

I spent the 4th being a lazy bum. It rained all day so I just laid around & read a book. Stopped raining long enough for the fireworks then started again.

My rain guage runneth over!! We had more than 5 inches Sunday, about that on Monday, who knows on Tuesday, Wednesday & today! Supposed to rain again this evening.
    The dogs look really cute in their scuba gear and I did pull out the inflatable boat to get to work. LOL!
    I always wanted to have waterfront property and the fish are very happy in the new lake that is in the backyard. They think they are free! Of course the toads are confused and mating everywhere, there are going to be tadpoles in the alley anytime now.
    Tally HO! I'm thinking of changing my name to moldychick

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Hey, Tally, weren't you the one asking us to send rain your way just a short time ago??? Gotta be careful what you wish for ----LOL. We thought you were serious, so we shared!!!!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

My fourth was wonderful. Set off a bunch of fireworks I've never gotten to use before! I come from wildfire country so there are a lot of firework bans there. They were so pretty!!! The kids had fun and there was very,very little chance of stuff catching on fire. One my best 4th of Julys ever.PJ