Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

Happy Independence Day Y'all

jolanaweb
17 years ago

What are y'all going to do today?

We usually sit out back and watch our neighbor down the road do their fireworks, lol

The still have a house full of teenagers so they always have a lot.

I'm very glad we've had rain , or it would've have been scary

Be Safe

jolana

Comments (14)

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

We're having our neighbors over for the brisket and a few fireworks. Not setting much off this year since the pond has shrunk and we haven't had enough rain to do anything except dot the dirt.

I hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable day!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Staying at home and watching city displays of fireworks from our back yard. We are very fortunate to be close enough to see them, but far enough away from the crowds and noise. Oh, just hamburgers and hot dogs for us - keeping it simple.

HAPPY FOURTH TO ALL OF YOU ------------------

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

We were going to go watch the fireworks in town, but we have a 60% chance of rain tonight. I hope it does rain, we need it!!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Thankyou! Having an unTexas like indoor BBQ with my dad,kid and DH. PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

We're not doing a darn thing this year. It's suppose to rain and is thundering right now. I hope it rains because I just transplanted some grass.

We smoked a brisket yesterday and had some people over.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

We are staying home, but I do have a sirloin marinading.
    I want to be here in case my neighbor sets my yard/house on fire. There is a burn ban, but he always does fire work any way. One of those the rules don't aply to him type people.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kathy, you be careful. There were a lot of counties that had banned fireworks but our county didn't and I'm not sure that would do any good, they'll just get them somewhere else

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

It's just me and DH so we got some BBQ from a great place called Bull Frog Grill yummmmmmmmy, we did go out and watch the fire works one of my favorite things to see.
    I hear fire works coming from the neighbors in back Hope they are smart enough to make sure no fires start. Might get my hose and water the back real good before going to bed, we are in a burn band here but 1+1 doesn't not always = smart people or ones that listen to rules or obey them.
    Hope everyone enjoyed the Holiday.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

We were going to garden a bit, but it rained for the first time since early May. That is so odd......rain in July.....that we decided to just stay in and relax. (smile)

• new_in_texas
    17 years ago

This was my first 4th as an American :)

Our city does the fireworks on the 3rd with the Symphony playing along to them, even though it started to rain just before the show started, they managed to go on. We were a little wet but still happy. Luckily, a friend of the family has a workshop along the river which is where they set them off, he puts on a big bbq with hotdogs/fajitas/free drinks etc. so I had a great time.

Carrie

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Carrie! Your first Independence Day celebration? That's so cool!
    I really enjoy the professional fireworks displays. A peaceful crowd gathered with their families, a fabulous aerial light show and patriotic music can be very moving.

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Besides the misquitoes (sp?)...We are so fortunate....we live on the lake..so we can see several sides of the fireworks in different areas, from the back porch...
    We...oops..."DH" grilled burgers and hotdogs..and we went to MIL and FIL's for a while..got home to get eaten.and to eat.and to see some beautiful fireworks...
    WELCOME TO TEXAS AND TEXAS INDEPENDENCE FIREWORKS CARRIE!!!!

Dena

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carrie,my fellow American, that is wonderful! How different did it feel? I get chicken skin watching them on TV, lol
    jolana

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Carrie - welcome from another Carrie- and I am so glad you enjoyed the Holiday.