I like P Allen Smith;

he hardly ever goes into the kitchen!

Comments (7)

• freshair2townsquare
    14 years ago

what's a kitchen?

• beachplant
    14 years ago

It's a place you store stuff while they work on your house, like the washing machine and the air conditioner. And your clothes, in a cardboard box.
    Tally HO!

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

Don't mind the kitchen, but prefer Jacques Pepin.

Haven't done all that well with P. Allen Smith plants, myself. His shade plants, haven't done all that well for me.

• marlingardener
    14 years ago

Don't care for ex-cons (Martha) and P. Allen puts me off. I like Jacques and that cute little guy from Oklahoma that was on Home & Garden Network. Je looked like he got dirty occasionally!

• beachplant
    14 years ago

P.Allen is a northern gardener. Didn't like Martha before she went to prison, always wanna slap her. That cute little guy from oklahoma-Paul James the garden guy? I thought he was in Missouri. Either way they cancelled him. And every other "real" garden show. I'm sick of yardcrashers, I never want to see that guy with the motorcyle in his truck again-they must show that episode a couple of times a week, and that horrid man on the east coast with the wife who sounds like she's in a bad mob movie. King of Dirt, king of annoying fools is more like it.
    Tally HO!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I thought Allen Smith's garden home was in Georgia or someplace.

I liked him when he did the gardenhome thing, but now that he's bought all that acreage & is building stuff at tremendous expense, at costs nobody else can afford, I think he may have lost touch with his market.

I liked Martha when she first got out of prison, thought she had learned the value of another perspective & of compassion, but nowadays I don't think so;
    she's back to her old narcissistic ways, even said in a magazine interview (Good Housekeeping maybe) that she never thought about her incarceration, just didn't see any reason for her to ever again think of that horrible experience.

so I guess she isn't thinking about all those jailed women she said she was going to help because they didn't have the support system she had.

& when I heard her say something about her 3 horse-drawn carriages, I think my brain spun into another universe.
    Talk about obsessive/compulsive conspicuous consumption!

I don't know some of the people y'all have mentioned, but I remember Rebecca's Garden; loved that one.

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Rebecca was always on around 3 in the morning here. I loved her magazine too but hard to find.

Have you seen the show Marthas kid does? It's hilarious, they make fun of Martha and say all the things everyone else is thinking. She collects cats for crying out loud! If she wasn't Martha she'd be one of those old ladies on TV with a million cats running through the house.

Georgia is north (of Galveston anyway lol!), they can grow peonies and stuff like that. Things that shrivel and die here.
    Tally HO!